2018 NFL Draft Rumors & Speculation Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read somewhere that all 32 teams will love their first round picks and claim that he was "our man" all along.  Some will say that they are "shocked" that their player fell to them in the second roun

John Owning‏ @JohnOwning Apr 17 FINALLY My EDGE rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft. Any questions? Feel free to throw em my way.

Posted Images

some context to that tweet Daniel Jeremiah sent earlier in the week, he was on the Rich Eisen show today and confirmed the tweet was sent in response to rumors about the lengths the Bills were prepared to go to acquire the number 2 pick from the Giants.

mentioned he was getting calls from frenzied NFL executives trying to work out what the hell was going on, hinted the rumored trade revolved around a 3 way deal between the Giants/Colts/Bills that involved big name veteran players and draft picks.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

some context to that tweet Daniel Jeremiah sent earlier in the week, he was on the Rich Eisen show today and confirmed the tweet was sent in response to rumors about the lengths the Bills were prepared to go to acquire the number 2 pick from the Giants.

mentioned he was getting calls from frenzied NFL executives trying to work out what the hell was going on, hinted the rumored trade revolved around a 3 way deal between the Giants/Colts/Bills that involved big name veteran players and draft picks.

Luck to the Giants

#2 pick to the Bills

??? to the Colts

But what would the Bills have to send to the Colts to make up for losing Luck? 

54 minutes ago, GLinks said:

I keep wondering if we’d draft Jackson and play him at safety. 

This is what I have started thinking to. Or possibly playing him and Ryan and NB/Safeties. Similar to what AZ would do with the Honey Badger. Technically he was the SS, but more or less was a NB and they would disguise the coverages they would be running. Technically it would still be Nickel defense but instead of Cyprien you would have Jackson or Ryan on the field in spots Cyprien might cover.

I think that could really make this defense dynamic and different. Plus it would be BPA and we wouldn’t potentially be reaching in the 1st round for anyone.

People familiar with the situation believe the Green Bay Packers are likely to select either Minkah Fitzpatrick or Josh Jackson with their first-round selection. And while the team needs a pass rusher, they are desperate for help in the secondary.

The point was made that Fitzpatrick and Jackson both fit the cornerback/safety hybrid mold which the team prefers.

http://www.draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-news-notes-april-18

• Jonboy unpinned this topic