2018 NFL Draft Rumors & Speculation Thread

Jonboy

42 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

This tell me we are comfortable with a number of prospects between say 28-32, or even back into the middle of the second round. I have a feeling they like Sweat, Nwosu, Armstrong, Leonard, Bates, Reid and they are perfectly comfortable picking up the extra picks to slide back 3-10 spots.

The Seahawks traded down multiple times last season. I wouldn't be upset if JR did that. Trade back into late 1 or even early 2, then try to trade back again and get even more picks.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read somewhere that all 32 teams will love their first round picks and claim that he was "our man" all along.  Some will say that they are "shocked" that their player fell to them in the second roun

John Owning‏ @JohnOwning Apr 17 FINALLY My EDGE rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft. Any questions? Feel free to throw em my way.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Skip to where you think the Titans will be in the video. Trade at 25, picks at 42, 57.

His latest three round mock has us taking:

25. Josh Sweat, OLB FSU

57. Rasheem Green, DE USC

89. Shaquem Griffin, LB UCF

Potential-wise, that would be an awesome first two days. 

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

Wolfe also predicted today we will trade down, possibly even out of the 1st round

Maybe this is far fetched but I could see us trading down with NE or Cle and taking Reid then trading back up into the early second with our capital for Hurst. That would be a coup in my opinion, and I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, especially after seeing Avg Joe’s post about Hurst being an undisclosed visit. 

58 minutes ago, Face said:

True, with Adoree & Butler I'd imagine we'll play a good amount of man. But I think the coverages called will be conservative, I don't think we'll leave guys on as Island as much as we did with LeBeau.

I do wonder about how Adoree is best utilized though. He improved so much last year, he was much more reliable & steady in coverage then I think anyone really expected. JRob took a bit of a risk on him because of his ability to play the ball, which I think is more of an innate skill. The way he tracked WR's on the deep ball & got his head around to play the ball  was very advanced. His numbers on contested catches was tremendous, especially considering his size. That said, despite not having a pick last year, his ball skills are so good, and he's so dangerous with the ball in hand,  and he's also a good tackler to boot, that Im not sure he wouldn't really excel in zone, where he can sit back & bait the QB. He'd be a pick 6 machine. He's probably too talented in man though, and that's one position you don't want to mess with if you have.

I think we are going to see a lot of mixed coverage and pattern reading to accentuate guys like Jackson and Byard. Put Jackson in a pattern read zone and he can bait QBs on hitch routes while also trailing them deep.

I remember that video of Jackson doing cone drills from last year. The guy has one of the quickest bursts forward you’re going to find from any CB in the NFL. Keeping him strictly in man where he can’t read the QB would be a mistake. 

* The Baltimore Ravens hold a pivotal selection with the 16th pick. We have them choosingCalvin Ridley in our recent mock draft, although sources tell me defensive tackle Da'Ron Payneis also in the conversation for that pick. As is usually the case for the Ravens, both are Alabama products.

* In that recent mock, I have the San Francisco 49ers trading down with the Buffalo Bills and selecting Leighton Vander Esch. This won’t be the case if Tremaine Edmunds is available when the Niners are called to the clock, as he is the player the team covets.

* Sources tell me the order of the three players the Dallas Cowboys are targeting with the 19th pick is Vita Vea, Leighton Vander Esch and D.J. Moore. A report from Rotoworld yesterday stated that the Cowboys organization compared Vander Esch to Brian Urlacher.

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-news-notes-april-24

9 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Maybe this is far fetched but I could see us trading down with NE or Cle and taking Reid then trading back up into the early second with our capital for Hurst. That would be a coup in my opinion, and I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, especially after seeing Avg Joe’s post about Hurst being an undisclosed visit. 

I have a feeling Hurst drops to round 2 or 3 because of the heart & it'll be obvious from day 1 there won't be a thing wrong with him & he'll dominate.

Matt Miller is reporting that 5 teams have taken Leighton Vander Esch off their boards due to that neck issue.

also mentioned that many teams feel Josh Sweat's knee injury is degenerative, fears are he won't see a 2nd contract, mentioned both us and the Patriots as being interested in him.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Jonboy unpinned this topic