The Patriots Dynasty Whose Most Responsible (Is Brady leading a revolt against Belichick?)

MIKE75

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A classic Mike novella post----it's comforting to know that in a completely unpredictable world there are a few things that are constants. When you see that Mike has started a thread, you automaticall

They should have kept Garoppolo and traded Brady at the end of the season.  And I'm sure that's exactly what Belichick would have done if he was allowed to.

Brady has played against the AFC East every year which usually is terrible.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Who cares about the Patriots, its TR not PR

I get what you are saying. I'd rather talk Titans too.

The forum is called Titans AND NFL Talk.

I mostly talk Titans and sometimes NFL.

Not a big Patriots guy either.

32 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Thats true.

But we can't ignore the fact that Belichick was in his 7th season and had lost his first two games with Bledsoe that year and of the previous 6 seasons 5 of those were losing seasons.

BEFORE BRADY HEAD COACH

5 losing seasons,1 winning season----41 wins and 57 losses

1991---6 wins 10 losses

1992---7 wins   9 losses

1993---7 wins   9 losses

1994--11 wins  5 losses

1995---5 wins 11 losses

2000---5 wins  11 losses

2001---0 wins    2 losses

Besides 1994 Belichick was a mediocre head coach on his way to being fired. 5 losing seasons,1 winning season

AFTER BRADY HEAD COACH

17 winning seasons,0 losing seasons----209 wins and 61 losses

2001---11 wins   3 losses

2002---  9 wins    7 losses

2003----14 wins   2 losses

2004----14 wins   2 losses

2005----10 wins   6 losses

2006----12 wins   4 losses

2007----16 wins   0 losses

2008----11 wins   5 losses

2009----10 wins   6 losses

2010----14 wins   2 losses

2011----13 wins   3 losses

2012----12 wins   4 losses

2013----12 wins   4 losses

2014----12 wins   4 losses

2015----12 wins   4 losses

2016----14 wins   2 losses

2017----13 wins   3 losses

After gaining Brady it was night and day. The team lost their first two games under Bledsoe at QB to start 0-2 and rest of year with Brady 11-3. The team goes on to have 17 straight winning seasons in a row and not one losing season. They are very close to setting a Super Bowl era record for most winning seasons in a row without a losing season.

How did he do the year that Brady wasn't there in 2008?

Is it possible that he became a better coach after his experience in Cleveland?

31 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

I am curious about whether or not Belichick will continue coaching once Brady retires.

I think if Kraft would've kept his nose out of it and let Belichick run things i do think that Brady would've been traded and Garoppolo would've been starter. I think in that scenario easily that the Patriots could've reeled off another 3 or 4 Super Bowl wins under Belichick/Garoppolo.

Kraft killed the golden goose.

Brady pulled the last couple super bowls out of his ass singlehandedly.  I'm sure with the structure he's built Belicheck and Garoppolo would have success like the year Brady was out, but Garoppolo is no Brady. Eagles showed what a complete team looks like, the Pats haven't had a complete team in a while.

29 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Go look at the schedule the Pats played the year cassel won 11 games.  They played the NFC West that year and it was a complete dumpster fire(Division winner 9-7) and the AFC West which was awful that year too(division winner 8-8).  The phins Jets and Cardinals where the only teams they beat with a winning record.  

15 minutes ago, JDot said:

Go look at the schedule the Pats played the year cassel won 11 games.  They played the NFC West that year and it was a complete dumpster fire(Division winner 9-7) and the AFC West which was awful that year too(division winner 8-8).  The phins Jets and Cardinals where the only teams they beat with a winning record.  

Brady has played against the AFC East every year which usually is terrible.

Edited by scine09

3 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

He in my opinion should thank Tom Brady no doubt.

I didn't fully realize until i did some research how long Belichick was a mediocre head coach before he got Brady.

Belichick was in his 7th seasons and was 0-2 in his first two games and up to that point was 41-57 with 1 winning season and 5 losing seasons. Of course Brady played the rest of the year and the next 17 years cementing the Patriots dynasty into history.....

BUT WHAT IF????

What if Bledsoe never would've gotten hurt?  Would the Patriots have fired Belichick after Bledsoe led the team to another losing season??

Serendipitous indeed for Belichick.

It was

I think Kraft knew what he had in belichick so don't think he would have fired him.  Maybe his head coaching career didn't start lights out but he did have a damn good career as a DC under Parcels so there was a history of good coaching along with learning under one of the greats.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Yes,i think as time went on he got to be really good.

After so many years he was ok without Brady.

Brady did help kickstart things a bit.

1 hour ago, MIKE75 said:

Yes,i think as time went on he got to be really good.

After so many years he was ok without Brady.

Brady did help kickstart things a bit.

Look at the 2001 Patriots.  They were mediocre across the board in pretty much every meaningful statistic, including ones involving the quarterback.  Yet they somehow won the Superbowl.  How did that happen?