Who is your guy at 25?

kyle021

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the 25th pick, the Titans select Stan, titansreport message board. 

My overall thought, you can't force an edge rusher at 25. A really good pass rusher won't last until 25, you'll end up with Kenny Holmes or Henry Ford if you reach. I'd guess an edge rusher can be had

Just check the film gimme a chance 

Posted Images

I want a 3-down starter who falls to us at ILB or SS. The middle of the defense is still the weakest link on our current defensive roster. I think you can find a limited pass-rush role player in the mid rounds.

For me, the above means these players in this order of preference: Evans, Vander-Esch, Harrison, Reid

I also don't think Shaquem Griffin goes in the 1st. Maybe he goes in the 2nd, for sure by the 3rd. But I would absolutely say he's a target for us, especially if we trade down. 

I’ve said before that if you can add Reid and Griffin, that 4.4 and 4.38 are literally two of the fastest players at their positions you can add to the defense.

In the first, you want a guy who will play a lot and soon start. Reid can overtake Cyprien THIS YEAR. And I’ve said, no one at S balances Byard’s skill set as much as Reid.

They can arguably get near same talent at OLB, ILB, IOL and WR at 57 as 25. 

About the only thing I’ll say about NFL’s profile rankings is that many were set prior to the Combine and few modified slightly following.

So, grain of salt, I hold Reid’s at minimum the same or slightly improved since he dominated there. The Bama players — Evans and Harrison— didn’t run, and haven’t since, but their scores are the same. So in my mind, I’ve subtracted from theirs. Griffin’s didn’t change, either, and his would have risen a few tenths I feel. So, not altogether “all things being equal,” and what not.

Edit:  I think Harrison has run since then.

Edited by GLinks

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

My best scenario however is Reid and then Griffin.  We add some speed we desperately need (a bunch of speed) and solve problems staying with LBs and TEs.

We can then find an edge prospect in the 3rd.  I saw one mock with Uchenna Nwosu lasting to our pick in the 3rd. 

I've seen mocks with Hubbard lasting until late in the 2nd or later.  Lorenzo Carter falls in some as well.  The draft is actually somewhat deep with mid level edge guys.

They aren't perfect but no edge guy at #25 is either. 

If we go this route I hope it involves a trade back with the Browns. I don’t see any way of getting all three, but there are several scenarios where we get two and an extra pick. 

7 hours ago, Huston said:

Its the way he was used, they had the guy play tackle on some downs so you have to dig a little deeper then watching few videos. And add in that FSU didn't redshirt him after nearly losing his leg, they guy is finally healthy and not wearing a brace for the first time.

I'm speaking solely about his reps as an outside pass rusher. I've watched 4 game cut-ups and am still waiting to see that pass rushing ability that jumps out at you. Maybe it's something you can develop but when you watch guys like Landry and even Dorance Armstrong you can instantly see the natural pass rushing ability.