Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Rockets have already peaked. They're burnt toast in the playoffs.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:55 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Them? You do realize melo is gone?

17 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Actually he's technically still on the roster, just not with the team.

So where was I wrong?

Just imagine if LeBron was lost for the season

No one expected us to get past the Warriors if we did get past the rest anyway. And the only thing that matters for both LBJ and the Lakers, are titles. Our "pressure" doesnt start until next season. Or I guess I should say the off season. 

the Lakers probably would have been forced to make a trade for Melo out of pure desperation to salvage their season.

Lol. Melo couldn't salvage the Knicks with a healthy Kristaps. He wasnt even good enough to stat on yalls bench. Us? Trade for him? We arent even going to sign him if and when yall actually do release him. 

Let's see if he can play at OKC and Houston this week.

OKC is questionable. I think he will be back by Saturday. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

4 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Rockets just beat the Warriors for the third time this season. They did it without Harden, in Oakland, leading for about 47 minutes too. :finger3:

Lakers beat GSW while LBJ left the game. In Oakland. 

We also just beat yall. When you were fully healthy. 

We'll win 4 of our next 5 and be right back in it. 

On 2/24/2019 at 2:30 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

We'll win 4 of our next 5 and be right back in it.

Let's see how your prediction worked out here. Yep, 4 out of 5. Perfect. No wait, the Lakers actually LOST 4 of their next 5. My bad. :lolabove:

Meanwhile the Rockets are still playing great and to update their Big 3 record:

With James Harden, Chris Paul, and Clint Capela all in the lineup together the Rockets are now 73-16 (including the playoffs). Yep, burnt toast. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Let's see how your prediction worked out here. Yep, 4 out of 5. Perfect. No wait, the Lakers actually LOST 4 of their next 5. My bad. :lolabove:

Meanwhile the Rockets are still playing great and to update their Big 3 record:

With James Harden, Chris Paul, and Clint Capela all in the lineup together the Rockets are now 73-16 (including the playoffs). Yep, burnt toast. :rolleyes:

I didnt expect LBJ to be a bitch and play to get a coach fired. Oops.

Let me know when yall win a ring. Let me know when Harden wins something greater than FT attempts in a single season. 

Let me know when CP wins something....

Let me know when Capela becomes the best up and coming C. I'm still waiting on that one....

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I didnt expect LBJ to be a bitch and play to get a coach fired. Oops.

Let me know when yall win a ring. Let me know when Harden wins something greater than FT attempts in a single season. 

Let me know when CP wins something....

Let me know when Capela becomes the best up and coming C. I'm still waiting on that one....

Deal

On 3/6/2019 at 7:36 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

He's well on his way. Even though Capela is not the best defensive center in the NBA (like Rudy Gobert), or the best 3-point shooting center (like K. Towns), or the most dynamic offensive threat in the NBA (like Nikola Jokic), he is one of the best two-way centers around (after Anthony Davis).

Of course he benefits from playing with 2 Hall of Fame PG's, no one denies that. The 3 of them have gone 81-19 in their first 100 games together.

Capela is still one of the biggest bargains in the NBA being paid less per year than fellow big men: Embiid ($29.5M), Jokic ($29.5M), Horford ($28.3M), Gobert ($25.5M), Davis ($25.4M), Drummond ($25.4M), Adams ($25M), Whiteside ($24.6M), Jordan ($22.9M), Marc Gasol ($22.6M), Love ($22.6M), Ibaka ($21.7M), and Aldridge ($21M). At the value price of $18M/year Clint Capela makes the same as Bismack Biyombo.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

On 3/6/2019 at 7:37 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

It's funny that Jokic has his team in greater position than Harden has his team. And you said Capela was better

How exactly is that? Because Denver is 50-24 and Houston is 48-28 that means Jokic has his team in a greater position than Harden? :lolabove:

The Rockets just bitch-slapped the Nuggets tonight 112-85 and Capela dominated Jokic. If they meet in the playoffs, expect the same.

The Houston Rockets have become the new NBA version of the Luv Ya Blue era Oilers over the past three years.

Even though the Golden State Warriors dynasty hasn't lasted as long as the one in Pittsburgh did 40 years ago, they might win a 4th title too.

Before the start of this year's Finals the Warriors have gone a collective 36-5 against Portland, Utah, Cleveland, San Antonio, New Orleans, and the Clippers during the past three postseasons after they added Durant to the mix in the summer of 2016.

Houston is the only team with any measurable success against them in the playoffs since KD signed there. GS leading 8 games to 5.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:48 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

Houston has had the exact same success as the rest of the league in 7 game series... A loss is a loss

True, but they were knocked out of the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years by the Warriors. The only other team to beat them was the Spurs.

And with everything that happened this summer, the Warriors will be lucky just to make the playoffs. Let alone advance past the first round.

Any decent players the Rockets add at this point will be gravy. Of course the big question with Russ will be how he affects the team chemistry.

6 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

True, but they were knocked out of the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years by the Warriors. The only other team to beat them was the Spurs.

And with everything that happened this summer, the Warriors will be lucky just to make the playoffs. Let alone advance past the first round.

Any decent players the Rockets add at this point will be gravy. Of course the big question with Russ will be how he affects the team chemistry.

I love how everyone is writing off the warriors. A roster consisting of a 2 time MVP (only unanimous mvp in the history of the nba), DPOY, 5 time all star/one of the best shooters of all time and a 23 year old all star PG is going to be lucky to make the playoffs lol. 

Somedude   

Warriors will still be the team to beat in the west but the west is loaded now. Clippers,Lakers,Jazz have new rosters highly upgraded. Rockets will be about the same but that's not a bad thing at all.  Warriors have a lot more stiff competition than they have had during their entire run and as they got slightly worse everyone else got much better. I would not write them off at all but it's not wide open for them either.  I will root for the Jazz but I don't expect them to win too many more games than last year. Hover around 50. Maybe 53 or something. I do think they are vastly better than last year but with all the loaded teams now around them be tough to win more. though I think they finally have the talent to get past the Rockets should they face them again in the playoffs. Jazz will have a more rounded roster and a lot of depth.