heyitsmeallen

China Imposes Tarrifs on 128 US imports.(update: EU imposes billions in Tarrifs on US)

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

The tariff is on frozen pork. Smithfield sends live hogs to China to be killed, processed and sent back. Try again. 

It's actually economical to send live hogs 7000 miles?

Edited by Rolltide

2 hours ago, Rolltide said:

It's actually economical to send live hogs 5000 miles?

Obviously it is. we do that with a lot of stuff because chinese labor is so cheap. Most of the chicken in the US is sent there live for processing too. Also a lot of steel structures that are built the parts are sent over there and all of the beams are prepared and shipped back for assembly. 

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

Now we are seeing the real effect of Trump policies instead of just coasting along on the Obama economy for the first year.

That's why I did not vote for him. If Trump was just a loud conservative like Rush Limbaugh I might have voted for him but he has a big government agenda I cannot support. 

Why fuck with this economy at all? He got his tax cuts he has his people in the treasury. Still he insists on big spending increases and these idiot tariffs. 

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-becoming-backfire-president-180050254.html

all this is costing me big, but if it improves America-the many before the one.

It can cost anybody who buys products from Amazon. We buy almost everything online from amazon. Have been doing that for 21 years. 

Trump can't just leave things alone he has to meddle. America first my ass. 

Herman Cain was on fox giving his reasons why he is against this move on Amazon. Despite being right he does not seem to understand the objective. Trump is trying to manipulate the retail sector by making it less attractive to shop online so we will shop more at brick and mortar stores. 

This is backwards 1980s thinking. We do not need more job growth right now. We do not need some ass trying to manipulate  sectors of our economy. Just stfu and back off and everything will be fine. 

Nobody wins trade wars.  I wish they would just admit the mistake, negotiate it out and back off.  Both sides can give some minor concession so they can go back to their base and pretend like they "won".

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Herman Cain was on fox giving his reasons why he is against this move on Amazon. Despite being right he does not seem to understand the objective. Trump is trying to manipulate the retail sector by making it less attractive to shop online so we will shop more at brick and mortar stores. 

This is backwards 1980s thinking. We do not need more job growth right now. We do not need some ass trying to manipulate  sectors of our economy. Just stfu and back off and everything will be fine. 

Like a war on coal?

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Nobody wins trade wars.  I wish they would just admit the mistake, negotiate it out and back off.  Both sides can give some minor concession so they can go back to their base and pretend like they "won".

Again, I see your extensive "high education" (LOL) just doesn't understand the purpose of the deal...

Much less dealing with the "red dragon"... and why...

Just now, thor said:

Again, I see your extensive "high education" (LOL) just doesn't understand the purpose of the deal...

Much less dealing with the "red dragon"... and why...

I never claimed to be highly educated.  I'm working on my bachelor's degree online in my spare time.  Most of you probably have higher degrees than that and would scoff at my "high education".  While most of the posters on this board were busy getting their Masters, I was on patrol in some shithole.  

That doesn't mean I can't have an informed opinion.  I understand your concern about China.  I disagree that starting a trade war is necessary or beneficial.  

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I never claimed to be highly educated.  I'm working on my bachelor's degree online in my spare time.  Most of you probably have higher degrees than that and would scoff at my "high education".  While most of the posters on this board were busy getting their Masters, I was on patrol in some shithole.  

That doesn't mean I can't have an informed opinion.  I understand your concern about China.  I disagree that starting a trade war is necessary or beneficial.  

Sorry, the education references are meant for @reo and his highly intellectual ways as he informs me how he is a legend in his own mind... I managed to combine the "smart ass" remarks since you two are sort of like lemmings when it comes to following your mainstream narratives... Ooops my bad...

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Thor doesn't. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He just shows an anti-intellectual bias. It's why he likes Trump. He "sticks it to those know it all liberals" so he supports him regardless of what's being said or the topic. It's bc Trump annoys people he doesn't like. And due to this emotional connection instead of a logical one, he is easily manipulated, not due to lack of intelligence but bc he's not thinking logically in what he believes. He's following due to those emotions.

Props for going for your BS though, man. Good luck.

58 minutes ago, thor said:

Sorry, the education references are meant for @reo and his highly intellectual ways as he informs me how he is a legend in his own mind... I managed to combine the "smart ass" remarks since you two are sort of like lemmings when it comes to following your mainstream narratives... Ooops my bad...

That must've really hit close to home.

Edited by reo