heyitsmeallen

China Imposes Tarrifs on 128 US imports.(update: EU imposes billions in Tarrifs on US)

11 hours ago, ctm said:

That's not what the article says.  Apparently the farm leaders care a lot and they are probably just reflecting what their members are saying to them.  Farm bankruptcies are increasing, for example.

And, btw, it's not like democrats have to change all of their minds.  Farmers were part of Trump's base in the  Midwest.  Wisconsin was decided by 23K votes in 2016. Change 12.5K votes from Trump to a democrat and the state flips on that basis alone.

I was talking about non-farming Trump supporters.  

Edited by Rogue

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Why is Trump delaying the tariffs through the holiday seasons to consumers? 

I thought tariffs were good for the country?

This is why there has been all of this regulation, immigration, and brown people talk in the news. They’re trying to cover up the absolute bungling they’re doing with the economy. 

1 minute ago, Downtown said:

This is why there has been all of this regulation, immigration, and brown people talk in the news. They’re trying to cover up the absolute bungling they’re doing with the economy. 

And they can't talk about the tax cut.  Anyone with an open mind knows it was a give-a-way to the 1% and corporations, which is the opposite of what was promised.

Not to mention, Trump and republicans have their head in the sand on climate change, gun violence and are trying to repeal the ACA.

58 minutes ago, ctm said:

And they can't talk about the tax cut.  Anyone with an open mind knows it was a give-a-way to the 1% and corporations, which is the opposite of what was promised.

Fairly well researched, long article that takes a look back at the 2 month long 'reform act' (biggest rewrite in 30 years) Trump wanted to call: TAX CUT, TAX CUT, TAX CUT!!! A completely indefensible sham, that I will always hold against the repubs going forward.

btw, we're still waiting on the 10% pander promised break for the middle class made a month before last year's midterm.

In late June 2017, Texas political mega-donor Doug Deason had a stern message for Republicans seeking campaign donations: The “Dallas piggy bank” was closed until they repealed Obamacare and passed major tax cuts. Deason said he had urged about two dozen of his wealthy Texas friends to do the same. The billionaire Koch brothers Charles and David also hinted at withholding money.

Just weeks later, the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare collapsed. Tax reform, which one Republican senator said would make repealing Obamacare look like a piece of cake, ominously loomed as the next item on the GOP agenda, and time was running out. Panic set in. By November, as Congress struggled to push a massive tax cut bill forward, Rep. Chris Collins from New York summed up the stakes: “My donors are basically saying: ‘Get it done or don’t ever call me again.’”

Lawmakers got it done. Just days before the holiday break, relieved Republicans delivered those wealthy donors what they wanted: one of the biggest tax cuts in history, one that would almost exclusively benefit the wealthy,...

https://publicintegrity.org/business/taxes/trumps-tax-cuts/did-billionaires-pay-off-republicans-for-passing-the-trump-tax-bill/

Edited by begooode

On 8/12/2019 at 2:17 PM, tgo said:

Still winning! And yet all the bleating sheep can't see through this lying, loser, dictator-wanna-be. But I guess when your role models are Vladimir Putin and Kim jong un, the bar is set pretty low.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, Omar said:

He has said multiple times that China is paying the tariffs. So why would he make China stop paying on all the items Americans want the most right before Xmas? 

He's worried about the Christians in China being able to buy US presents for their kids.  Its all about the kids, you know.  (I type this and suddenly realize some will choose to believe this.... politics has become so depressing.)