China Imposes Tarrifs on 128 US imports.(update: EU imposes billions in Tarrifs on US)

heyitsmeallen

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worst of the GOP? Level headed moderates? They are 100%united. See Lindsey Graham and the rest of the lot. They vote down the party line. The GOP hasn't governed in years and years. There is no "worst

What Trump has done more than anything is expose the lies and hypocrisy of conservative Republicans. They didn't mean any of it. Spending, family values, law enforcement etc.... all BS.   Th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Nobody wins trade wars.  I wish they would just admit the mistake, negotiate it out and back off.  Both sides can give some minor concession so they can go back to their base and pretend like they "won".

Again, I see your extensive "high education" (LOL) just doesn't understand the purpose of the deal...

Much less dealing with the "red dragon"... and why...

Just now, thor said:

Again, I see your extensive "high education" (LOL) just doesn't understand the purpose of the deal...

Much less dealing with the "red dragon"... and why...

I never claimed to be highly educated.  I'm working on my bachelor's degree online in my spare time.  Most of you probably have higher degrees than that and would scoff at my "high education".  While most of the posters on this board were busy getting their Masters, I was on patrol in some shithole.  

That doesn't mean I can't have an informed opinion.  I understand your concern about China.  I disagree that starting a trade war is necessary or beneficial.  

5 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I never claimed to be highly educated.  I'm working on my bachelor's degree online in my spare time.  Most of you probably have higher degrees than that and would scoff at my "high education".  While most of the posters on this board were busy getting their Masters, I was on patrol in some shithole.  

That doesn't mean I can't have an informed opinion.  I understand your concern about China.  I disagree that starting a trade war is necessary or beneficial.  

Sorry, the education references are meant for @reo and his highly intellectual ways as he informs me how he is a legend in his own mind... I managed to combine the "smart ass" remarks since you two are sort of like lemmings when it comes to following your mainstream narratives... Ooops my bad...

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Thor doesn't. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He just shows an anti-intellectual bias. It's why he likes Trump. He "sticks it to those know it all liberals" so he supports him regardless of what's being said or the topic. It's bc Trump annoys people he doesn't like. And due to this emotional connection instead of a logical one, he is easily manipulated, not due to lack of intelligence but bc he's not thinking logically in what he believes. He's following due to those emotions.

Props for going for your BS though, man. Good luck.

58 minutes ago, thor said:

Sorry, the education references are meant for @reo and his highly intellectual ways as he informs me how he is a legend in his own mind... I managed to combine the "smart ass" remarks since you two are sort of like lemmings when it comes to following your mainstream narratives... Ooops my bad...

That must've really hit close to home.

Edited by reo

3 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Herman Cain was on fox giving his reasons why he is against this move on Amazon. Despite being right he does not seem to understand the objective. Trump is trying to manipulate the retail sector by making it less attractive to shop online so we will shop more at brick and mortar stores. 

This is backwards 1980s thinking. We do not need more job growth right now. We do not need some ass trying to manipulate  sectors of our economy. Just stfu and back off and everything will be fine. 

It should be about putting all retail on an even footing, not about trying to "punish" online retailers.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

why do we have such a huge trade deficit?  will continuing to do the same thing fix it? 

We outsourced most of our manufacturing to countries with cheaper labor. But what's the solution to that? Going back to slave labor is out of the question, so the manufacturing is only coming back in the form of automation. That will help with the trade deficit, but it won't really help with the jobs market.

34 minutes ago, reo said:

Thor doesn't. Not that there's anything wrong with that. He just shows an anti-intellectual bias. It's why he likes Trump. He "sticks it to those know it all liberals" so he supports him regardless of what's being said or the topic. It's bc Trump annoys people he doesn't like. And due to this emotional connection instead of a logical one, he is easily manipulated, not due to lack of intelligence but bc he's not thinking logically in what he believes. He's following dye to those emotions.

Props for going for your BS though, man. Good luck.

Wow!!! You are actually shallower than I imagined, well not really... :335_cloud_lightning:

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

There should be sales tax applied on all purchases, digital or physical.

There was a time when online retailers/businesses were given favorable tax policy to help nurture their development. McCain ran on that plank as late as 2008. A lot has changed in 10 years, but it's quite clear that we have now have the infrastructure in place for all digital/online sales to be fully taxable. 

When it comes to retail, there's all sorts of reasons why we've seen issues. From an urban planning and development perspective (more of my background), we've been told that retail has been massively overbuilt and housing underbuilt. But there's also the challenge of legacy businesses with their long term costs/debt dealing with upstarts like Amazon who don't have the burden of pensions, expansive management, significant legacy capital investments and so on like the Macy's of the world that have been in business for some time.

On top of that, Amazon was a Wall Street darling who got funneled cash while they were bleeding money. Yes - a lot of big retail is also listed, but not the smaller retail/mom and pop type stores. It's hard to compete with a business that doesn't have to make a profit for 10+ years. That, to an extent, is simply capitalism, but it is fair to say think we could find ourselves in a "monopoly busting" environment again.

The problem with Trump is that this all about a political axe to grind with Jeff Bezos. There's no substantive policy behind anything he says, it's just demagoguery again. He's just throwing rocks at someone who is far wealthier (and successful) than him.

11 minutes ago, thor said:

Wow!!! I like how you each give one another the little parting "pat on the ass"... That's just so cute... :335_cloud_lightning:

Damn. That nerve must've really stung.

Not to mention a trade war with China will sink Walmart, which long ago gave up on Made in America.  Let's go after the top two retailers in the US and see what happens!