It is quite apparent........

Bongo59

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It never made any sense to go hard after big-name WR after drafting two high and still having Rishard Matthews and Tajae Sharpe on the roster.

You also have to give some of these guys a chance to shine in the new offense.  When a couple of these guys break out because of the new offense, we’ll be glad we didn’t overspend on some of these hig

6 minutes ago, Face said:

It never made sense. We were never going to be in the market for a WR. We used the 5th overall pick on a 6'3 outside WR who clearly showed big time talent after getting healthy. Rishard is a damn good #2 & Tajae is coming back. 

I can see them looking at a certain type of guy we don't have, like an Albert Wilson, a smallish blazer. Brice Butler, a strong physical guy who can make big plays. These are 2 guys mentioned by posters here that make good sense.

But we have our main WR's, we're not spending big money on another.

I keep forgetting about Decker too ... is he still under contract?

Do they really need help at WR?  Honestly Davis, Matthews, Sharpe, Taylor with Walker/Smith should be enough.  Yeah I guess they could use one more guy but it's not an absolute priority.

What they need way more than a WR is a pass catching RB.

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

So your willing to pay Sammy Watkins 16 mil, when Antonio Brown only makes 17 a year?

I prefer Robinson, but sure.

You can’t splurge often, but occasionally you have to make a move in free agency. 

@Bongo59

There's a reason Davis dominated his competition so thoroughly and consistently throughout his time at Western Mich and it's not just because a good portion of his competition was scrubby. He's just a damn good receiver. How good remains to be seen, but JRob thought he was good enough to take over all those defenders and nothing about JRob's decisions seems to speak to incompetence.

Btw, #20 for MTSU who comes into view in the first clip in this video with Davis streaking down the sideline? Kevin Byard.

And here's a short but effective rookie highlight video...

FWIW, those two touchdowns he scored against New England? Both of them came against his brand new teammate.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

48 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do they really need help at WR?  Honestly Davis, Matthews, Sharpe, Taylor with Walker/Smith should be enough.  Yeah I guess they could use one more guy but it's not an absolute priority.

What they need way more than a WR is a pass catching RB.

I think they do. Right now they are relying almost entirely on Davis and Matthews at WR. And we are sure to play a lot more 3 WR sets now than we did under Mularkey.

Sharpe and Taylor have shown nothing so far (nor has Jonnu). Hopefully they will develop, but it’s risky to count on totally unproven guys.

we need another good WR. I’m fine with Davis and Matthews at the top 2, but they definitely need a better top 3. I’d have preferred sign a stud and make Matthews #3, but they absolutely need more depth.

I see Davis playing up to high 1st round production for a second year player.  I think Taylor is going to perform very well in LeFleur's offense.  I remember one of his assets in college was being where he was supposed to be and catching the ball.  I believe a lot was mentioned in his analysis about his quickness and ability to beat coverages as well.  It's a new offense, but players all over the league are adjusting quickly to the type offense we look to be running.