Jonboy

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Is the pink good for you?"

Playing around with some of the different things we've been hearing. Don't think this is super accurate, but it puts a visual to some of the rumors. I put the TriStar on the sleeves because of Amy men

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Stranger said:

In those other posts he mentions something about toying around with the URLs to see the jerseys. 

Is that actually achievable and can anyone here do it, for science? 

It is achievable. Some ways involve digging through the source code looking for links to images or URLs with dates that you can change. (I.E. a url that says “season-2017”) you can change it to 2018 and might get lucky and hit a page that works. I will say that the source code for the Titans page on Nike.com is extremely long and my eyes hurt from trying to scroll through it. I’ll keep you updated if I can find them like he did. 

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Detailed descriptions from Reddit. 

@TitansGuru let’s see them! Haha

I know e-commerce. I know DAM. I know data scraping.

Nike seems to use Adobe Scene 7 for their DAM. I did a scrape for three levels in the code for images and was able to get a ton of images. None of these are the new uniform. I tried using the URL pattern for the jersey type and incrementing it a bunch of times and nothing. I looked within the code and nothing.

Typically, you would have the products living in a PIM or staging environment or something else and not being exported to your e-commerce platform. Maybe Nike does it differently, but who knows? I am inclined to believe him, but how he did it was not clear based on about twenty minutes of looking.

1 minute ago, heyitsmeallen said:

It is achievable. Some ways involve digging through the source code looking for links to images or URLs with dates that you can change. (I.E. a url that says “season-2017”) you can change it to 2018 and might get lucky and hit a page that works. I will say that the source code for the Titans page on Nike.com is extremely long and my eyes hurt from trying to scroll through it. I’ll keep you updated if I can find them like he did. 

You can download zip packages of their uploaded files by changing the URL for one. For example, the browns uniforms can be found at https://news.nike.com/packages/6165. The most recent upload of photos I can find is https://news.nike.com/packages/12155. I've downloaded a bunch but none of those are Titans related yet. 

1 minute ago, TitansGuru said:

I know e-commerce. I know DAM. I know data scraping.

Nike seems to use Adobe Scene 7 for their DAM. I did a scrape for three levels in the code for images and was able to get a ton of images. None of these are the new uniform. I tried using the URL pattern for the jersey type and incrementing it a bunch of times and nothing. I looked within the code and nothing.

Typically, you would have the products living in a PIM or staging environment or something else and not being exported to your e-commerce platform. Maybe Nike does it differently, but who knows? I am inclined to believe him, but how he did it was not clear based on about twenty minutes of looking.

Yeah I just got done looking through the code and didn’t find anything, altered a ton of URLs and didn’t find anything. Maybe he wasn’t using the Nike website like he did for the Browns and Pats unis. If he saw promotional pictures it’s possible he was looking through the Titans website or team store. I doubt he would tell what site he dug into but it’s worth a shot asking. 

12 minutes ago, mctitan53 said:

You can download zip packages of their uploaded files by changing the URL for one. For example, the browns uniforms can be found at https://news.nike.com/packages/6165. The most recent upload of photos I can find is https://news.nike.com/packages/12155. I've downloaded a bunch but none of those are Titans related yet. 

You are on the tight track apparently.