2018 Titans Report Dynasty League

Jamalisms

On 1/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, 9 Nines said:

Want to trade Barkley:

--He led the NFL in yards from scrimmage, with 2,028 yards.

--He was just the third rookie ever to top 2,000 total yards (the others being Eric Dickerson in 1983 and Edgerrin James in 1999).
[bizarre bonus points for the last two rookies to do this, having had a Manning brother as their team's QB]

--He led the NFL in 20+ yard runs, with 16 such runs (next closest total was 11).

--He led the NFL in 40+ yard runs, with 7 such runs (next closest total was 4). 

--He was second in the NFL in RB catches, with 91. That was also the most catches for a rookie RB ever (breaking Reggie Bush's 2006 total of 88).

--He was tied for third in the NFL in touchdowns, with 15. 

--This is dependent on your format, but in 1 point PPR, he led all non-QB's in fantasy points, with 403.30. At worst, he may have been #2 in other formats.

Want many years of 1st round picks and decent RB replacement. 

How many years? And what constitutes a decent RB replacement?

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fortunately, thanks to CMJ I have a whole year to watch and learn how the draft works before I have to make any picks myself.

One thing you could do to participate in the draft is get pissy when someone doesn't make a pick within 15 minutes of being "on the clock". It'll be like CMJ never really left.

I'm gonna treat you like the Jags in 1999.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

My asking price would be high. Assuming just an average RB tier 2 type, three consecutive years. 

Edited by 9 Nines

3 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

I could maybe see trading 2 first round picks if you were desperate for RB help and you really loved Barkley, but even that's steep to me. This is just 9's attempt to pillage somebody that's high on the hype. He even said "I'm not eager to trade him, but I'm willing to consider", which translates "I'm sitting high on the hog and I intend to stay here." If someone wants to make him filthy rich then he'll do the deal.  He can afford to sit back and jack the price up

Barkley is NOT worth 3 first round dynasty picks, idgaf how good he is, especially in this league where you only get 3 default picks to begin with. Injuries could wreck your team and you finish with a high pick... that you no longer have that King Nothing does and he only gets to make his team that much stronger.

Looking to trade:

Of Chief Importance

Damien Williams stayed under the radar for most of 2018, tallying a mere three carries through the first eleven games. After Kareem Hunt was released, Williams was elevated to the main backup behind Spencer Ware. A hamstring injury suffered midway through the Week 14 game against the Ravens sidelined Ware from then onward. Williams then assumed primary duties in the explosive Chiefs offense. He delivered a two-touchdown performance on 12 touches.

In his first official start of 2018, versus the Chargers, Damien Williams received an 85.1 overall grade from Pro Football Focus, handling the rock ten times for 49 yards and two touchdowns. He was a threat in the passing game as well, catching all six of his targets for 74 yards. Against the Seahawks the following week, Williams continued his strong performance with 103 rushing yards and a receiving touchdown. Williams finished the season with 51 rushing yards and a touchdown in a blowout victory over Oakland. With Ware unable to return to the field against the Colts this week Williams continued to excel. Williams took 25 carries for 129 yards, including a touchdown. He also added five receptions for another 25 yards. 

Even if you believe Ware may get more carries in a potential committee, Damien Williams has the upper hand in the passing game. His 21 targets over the final five games nearly match Ware’s full-year total of 23. It was not as if Williams stepped in and assumed Ware’s role as a pass-catching back, which was itself a continuation of Hunt’s part in the offense. Hunt was targeted just 35 times over his 11 games, which averages to 3.2 per game. Williams saw 19 targets over the four games in which he experienced meaningful action, an average of 4.75.

As a receiving compliment to Ajayi in 2016, Damien Williams averaged 2.47 yards per route run, second among all running backs, per PFF. This year, he led the NFL in catch rate among players with at least 20 targets, at 95.8%. Over the final four weeks, Williams racked up 179 yards after the catch. According to the Air Yards database, that ranked fourth in the NFL. Damien Williams is a proven and dangerous receiving threat whose talents should be properly utilized in the Chiefs’ aerial attack.

Williams was slightly Will Fuller-esque, scoring six times on just 73 touches, or one score per 12.2 touches (Fuller’s 11 touchdowns on 62 touches since 2017, an average of one score for every 5.6 touches, is ridiculous and unattainable). Ware scored once every 35.5 touches, Hunt every 14.8. This led to Williams’ 1.33 fantasy points per opportunity, 11th in the NFL, according to Player Profiler. In 2016, Williams hit paydirt once every 9.7 touches. Of course, I am cherry-picking, as he scored just once on 57, 37, and 66 touches each of his other three seasons. He does seem to have a nose for the end zone, though (I’ll drop his touchdown against Buffalo here again).

Thunder Rumbling

Damien Williams has flashed potential during his five years in the NFL and a strong finish to the 2018 season has secured him a two-year extension in Kansas City. Spencer Ware is a free agent in the spring, leaving Williams as the lone veteran in a young backfield. Not many fans know Damien Williams’ name now, but you should. His calm has passed; the forecast predicts a big storm ahead.

Looking for trade. 1st or early 2nd round pick gets you a top 15 RB:

Oakland Raiders: Chris Warren can make an impact in 2019

by Pete Hernandez III1 week ago Follow @PeteThreee

Looking ahead to the 2019 season, Chris Warren is among those that have a shot of being an impact player for the Oakland Raiders.

Edited by 9 Nines

Just trying to help league.  Damien Williams will be #2 or #3 in half-PPR behind Barkley at #1.  Kareem Hunt (Bears) will be top 5 production after week 6.  So I would only use Chris Warren (projected 12-15) for first 6 games.  Thought it would help other teams.