2018 Titans Report Dynasty League

Jamalisms

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

As for the playoff format, I wanted to make sure that there was a tangible incentive for finishing first and second. That means you need 6 teams in order to get the top two seeds a bye. Obviously it might be odd for a 12 team league to send half the teams to the playoffs, but I thought the bye was important and I also didn't rule out the possibility that the league could grow to 14 teams at some point. (challenging for the expansion teams, but possible given the value of the first overall pick among rookies).

Six teams isn't odd. Only having four teams make it would be odd.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fortunately, thanks to CMJ I have a whole year to watch and learn how the draft works before I have to make any picks myself.

One thing you could do to participate in the draft is get pissy when someone doesn't make a pick within 15 minutes of being "on the clock". It'll be like CMJ never really left.

I'm gonna treat you like the Jags in 1999.

Posted Images

Want to trade Damien WIlliams:

"Chiefs signed RB Damien Williams to a two-year extension through 2020.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the extension has a "max value" of $8.1 million. It is surely heavily incentive laden. The 26-year-old ex-Dolphin has cleared 100 yards from scrimmage in back-to-back games and is averaging a robust 5.3 yards per carry on the year. Williams is also a capable pass catcher."

Want to trade Baker Mayfield

Baker Mayfield completed 23-of-42 passes for 376 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions in Sunday's Week 17 loss to the Ravens.

Mayfield's 27 touchdown passes were the most ever for a rookie passer in the history of the NFL. He finishes a sensational rookie season with 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions while throwing for 3,725 yards. Mayfield flourished over the final eight games once the Browns uprooted the clown show that was Hue Jackson and ended any remaining power struggle possibilities by also firing Todd Haley. Once Mayfield and Freddie Kitchens took over the offense, Mayfield completed 68.4 percent of his passes for 8.6 yards per pass attempt with 19 touchdown passes to eight interceptions. For fantasy purposes, Mayfield was the QB10 overall over that stretch. Whether or not Mayfield and Kitchens will continue to work together in 2019 remains to be seen, but Mayfield has finally put an end to the Browns’ 20-year quarterback search. 

Edited by 9 Nines

On 12/28/2018 at 5:29 PM, 9 Nines said:

Want to trade Damien WIlliams:

"Chiefs signed RB Damien Williams to a two-year extension through 2020.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the extension has a "max value" of $8.1 million. It is surely heavily incentive laden. The 26-year-old ex-Dolphin has cleared 100 yards from scrimmage in back-to-back games and is averaging a robust 5.3 yards per carry on the year. Williams is also a capable pass catcher."

https://arrowheadguys.com/2018/12/29/damien-williams-and-the-young-guns-in-the-secondary/

First we’re going to take a look at Damien Williams. With his on-field performance he definitely earned the extension he received. Over the last two weeks he ranks fifth in the NFL with 263 total yards from scrimmage with an average of 7.3 yards per touch. He finished the Week 16 game against the Seahawks with 140 total yards from scrimmage and averaged 5.23 yards after contact.

Williams provides a speed element to the Chiefs backfield that the team didn’t have even with Kareem Hunt. Obviously nobody can replace the playmaking ability of Hunt, but as far as production goes, Williams has gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Williams brings a speed dynamic to the backfield that the #Chiefs don't have sans Hunt. Gets upfield then gets outside for a big gain

3:10 AM - Dec 28, 2018 · Overland Park, KS

See ATD's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Spencer Ware is a good running back, former thousand yard rusher at that, but he doesn’t possess the speed that Williams does. Here Williams gets up field quickly, and as soon as he gets the edge he has the speed to outrun defenders and gain the yards that Ware probably wouldn’t get.

This is a "let's see what happens here" play call before the end of the half. Williams has great burst once he gets to the second level. Gets chunk yardage here that's a good drive starter before the end of the half (this possession ended in the Conley fumble) #Chiefs

3:24 AM - Dec 28, 2018

See ATD's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Plays like this one are can definitely jump start an offense. Especially in end-of-half scenarios. The Chiefs ran this play just to see what they could get. If it gets stuffed then they take a knee and go back to the locker room. Instead Williams makes one cut, and he’s up the field. This drive ended with the Chris Conley fumble, but it could have led to points and it started with that run by Williams.

With the good though there’s always the bad.

Williams probably played the best out of everyone on the offense. He’s going to be vital to this offense even after Ware returns to the lineup.

Edited by 9 Nines

On 12/30/2018 at 6:29 PM, 9 Nines said:

Want to trade Baker Mayfield

Baker Mayfield completed 23-of-42 passes for 376 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions in Sunday's Week 17 loss to the Ravens.

Mayfield's 27 touchdown passes were the most ever for a rookie passer in the history of the NFL. He finishes a sensational rookie season with 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions while throwing for 3,725 yards. Mayfield flourished over the final eight games once the Browns uprooted the clown show that was Hue Jackson and ended any remaining power struggle possibilities by also firing Todd Haley. Once Mayfield and Freddie Kitchens took over the offense, Mayfield completed 68.4 percent of his passes for 8.6 yards per pass attempt with 19 touchdown passes to eight interceptions. For fantasy purposes, Mayfield was the QB10 overall over that stretch. Whether or not Mayfield and Kitchens will continue to work together in 2019 remains to be seen, but Mayfield has finally put an end to the Browns’ 20-year quarterback search. 

I hear QB are a dime a dozen in this league!

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

The number of takers is the wrong evaluation metric. 

Sort of. Supply determines the demand and if no one is interested in trading for a young good looking QB it says all you need to know..... Overpaying for a QB is dumb as shit because there are dozens of ways to acquire a suitable guy

Want to trade Barkley:

--He led the NFL in yards from scrimmage, with 2,028 yards.

--He was just the third rookie ever to top 2,000 total yards (the others being Eric Dickerson in 1983 and Edgerrin James in 1999).
[bizarre bonus points for the last two rookies to do this, having had a Manning brother as their team's QB]

--He led the NFL in 20+ yard runs, with 16 such runs (next closest total was 11).

--He led the NFL in 40+ yard runs, with 7 such runs (next closest total was 4). 

--He was second in the NFL in RB catches, with 91. That was also the most catches for a rookie RB ever (breaking Reggie Bush's 2006 total of 88).

--He was tied for third in the NFL in touchdowns, with 15. 

--This is dependent on your format, but in 1 point PPR, he led all non-QB's in fantasy points, with 403.30. At worst, he may have been #2 in other formats.

Want many years of 1st round picks and decent RB replacement. 

Will trade Damien Williams:

Spencer Ware (hamstring) is expected to practice Tuesday.

It is not a surprise after Ware was a full participant in every practice Week 17 before ultimately being inactive. Even if he plays this week, it appears as if Damien Williams has taken over as the lead back.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:11 PM, 9 Nines said:

...Want many years of 1st round picks and decent RB replacement. 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, 9 Nines said:

Will trade Damien Williams

Warning! Warning! Warning!

I'd trade almost anyone on my roster. There's likely someone you value more than me (and many I value more than you).

If anybody is interested in my players, shoot me offers and we'll see where the value proposition falls for both of us. Can't guarantee a deal, at all, but can guarantee I'll listen.