Why is Floyd Reese on the radio

SB35

Man, does anyone listen to Jared and the GM on 102.5? Sweet Mary, that is a terrible show. I won’t even get into the fact that Jared has a voice for telegraph. Listening to Floyd Reese talk about football in 2018 is an exercise in madness. 

You would think this is Reese’s time to shine. For a show called, “Jared and the GM”, the combine and draft should be what this show lives for. I don’t think Floyd watches tape of any kind (or even TV for that matter). It has to drive Jared crazy when he wants a “former GM” take, and Floyd answers, “I don’t know” (which is frequent). Man, how much can a guy get paid to just be a former somebody who has absolutely nothing relevant to say?

Why do I listen, you must ask. I switch over there when 104.5 is in commercial. Then I don’t switch back, because I’m just frozen, jaw agape, listening to how much dumber I’m getting by tuning in.

Sorry for the random rant. Had to get that off my chest. :sad:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plaster was one of the worst also.

Alright, fine. Send me money and I'll do a show during the 3HL time slot.   We'll call it "An Eye For Talent" ... because ... eyepatch.

I don't think Reese is as bad as he is being made out to be.  He seems to not want to offend any of the current GMs.  He's partnered with one of the worst broadcasters I've ever heard.

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Is me making one eye jokes because of a fake eyepatch like when Seinfeld's dentist converted just so he could tell jewish jokes?

That one hit hard... Asking the Jewish guy who can only see out of one eye? I see how it is.

But def one of the better episodes.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Floyd never commits to anything. He appears to resist expressing any opinion whatsoever. In fact, one can have a drinking game based on that show.

Every time Floyd says "I don't think there is any doubt", "I don't know", or laughs, one has to drink. Drunkenness should ensue by the second break.

1 hour ago, Face said:

@SB35I'm in the Northeast so I can't listen obviously, but is it more of an issue of Reese not being as up to date on the current game as he should be? Or is he just flat unprepared?

I live in Nebraska and listen daily!