2018 NFL Draft: Titans Prospect Visits/Interest/Workouts Thread

headhunter

19 minutes ago, Face said:

It's going to be interesting to see what they do, because they are THIN at ILB right now. I think they're a little too confident in WW & they obviously feel Jayon Brown is a 3 down player, which I actually agree with. He's not THAT small, he just needs to add a few lbs. es already very good coverage player.  But they need depth & another potential starter in case they're wrong about WW or Brown.

Man, we just need succession plans in place for Morgan, Orakpo, Woodyard. 

I think both Orakpo and Morgan have a solid 2 or 3 seasons left but Woodyard only has a season left in my book, 2 at the very max. 

I think ideally, next offseason, you give one of Morgan or Orakpo a two year extension and let the other one go and let Woodyard ride off into the sunset. 

Brown could be an ideal replacement for Woodyard if he continues to improve, but you really need that blitzing thumper to replace Williamson in the long run, esp in this scheme. 

I think the prospect of an ILB core of Woodyard and Brown in the 2019 season is completely underwhelming and not workable. 

Woodyard and Compton are bad enough as it is as a core group. They HAVE to draft one in the first 4 rounds of this draft. 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update:   Private Visit: 1.      ILB—Darius Leonard—South Carolina State 2.      OLB—Josh Sweat—Florida State 3.      S—Justin Reid—Stanford 4.      ILB—Chris Worley—Ohio

So stop holding out on us, ! Who's it gonna be this year? 

Here's my updated list (convoluted as it may be):    Senior Bowl: QB – Josh Allen – Wyoming   Combine: RB—Sony Michel—Georgia RB—Kerryon Johnson—Auburn OG—Brade

Posted Images

The other thing to consider @tgo, and I know you don't think this will happen at least this year, is the possibility that Cyprien plays LBer, at least on passing downs. This is basically what the Pats do, with McCourty & Chung starting at FS &  SS & Chung moving up to a hybrid LBer role with Duron Harmon coming in & playing FS.

LeBeau said his defense was more of a 4-1-6 playing 3 safeties now then a 3-4.

I actually like this becaue when Cyprien really played well his last year in Jax he wasn't used as a pure safety. I think he actually lined up more as a LBer, but they had him all over the place, blitzing off the edge, LBer, slot corner, etc. 

I think this might be the best option, upgrading the coverage at SS & adding a versatile weapon to he front 7. Of course this is assuming we draft a safety high.

Edited by Face

@Face

I could see them having some 3 safety looks for sure. I guess you can call that a hybrid LB role if people want to. And that would be fine if we draft a safety fairly high, say the 2nd round, and then draft an ILB in the 3rd to 4th range. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

@Face

I could see them having some 3 safety looks for sure. I guess you can call that a hybrid LB role if people want to. And that would be fine if we draft a safety fairly high, say the 2nd round, and then draft an ILB in the 3rd to 4th range. 

I’m hoping this is the strategy. 

Daniel Jeremiah mock: Harold Landry http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928661/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-40-browns-pick-baker-mayfield-no-1

Albert Breer: "(ILB, OLB, TE) My feeling is the Titans will go digging for a linebacker here, and Evans would be a perfect fit as Mike Vrabel’s first pick. If the top four linebackers are gone, and the edge rushers are too, this one could go in any direction." https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/nfl-draft-first-round-mock-prospects-mmqb-albert-breer

Josh Norris mock: Hubbard in a trade down with Cleveland to 33 http://rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/79505/344/norris-final-2018-mock-draft

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Welp i think the odds of him being the pick sky rocketed.

It's a workout I guess and not a visit.  But they did show interest at his pro day.  I'd like them to trade out first.  But then there is also this chatter that they want a LB.

Eric Galko on periscope: Titans, the most likely team to trade in round 1 after the top 5-6 picks. I would expect them to move back if at all possible, teams like the browns at the top of round 2, or the 49ers, the colts, whoever, look for them to move up, look for the Titans to be the spot. They will take probably not full price to move down from 25 -- the guy they like the most: Josh Sweat of Florida State. If they stay put at 25, and Davenport and Landry are gone, don't be surprised if they say 'screw it, we're taking Josh Sweat in the 1st round.' 

... thanks to @Jonboy for that nugget 

Just now, WurthDraft said:

Eric Galko on periscope: Titans, the most likely team to trade in round 1 after the top 5-6 picks. I would expect them to move back if at all possible, teams like the browns at the top of round 2, or the 49ers, the colts, whoever, look for them to move up, look for the Titans to be the spot. They will take probably not full price to move down from 25 -- the guy they like the most: Josh Sweat of Florida State. If they stay put at 25, and Davenport and Landry are gone, don't be surprised if they say 'screw it, we're taking Josh Sweat in the 1st round.' 

... thanks to @Jonboy for that nugget 

Haha. I actually got it from @THE_TITAN in the draft news/rumors thread:

22 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Welp i think the odds of him being the pick sky rocketed.

We didn’t “bring him in” for a private workout. 

They worked him out privately at another location just like they did with DJ Moore and Courtland Sutton. 

Not saying they didn’t have him in for a visit, but that hasn’t been reported. 

@rns90

Edited by tgo

"As I reported the other day, not all teams are scared off by Josh Sweat’s past knee injury. In fact, most aren’t. I’m told he passed the Combine medical re-checks with flying colors, and that the late first round interest remains very real. Seattle in a trade down and Tennessee are the most likely options if he goes that high."

https://frsfootball.com/nfl/draft/what-to-watch-for-in-1st-round-of-2018-nfl-draft/

• Jonboy unpinned this topic