Rapoport reports JRob looking to acquire/trade for explosive playmaker

AussieTitanFan08

31 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I simply meant that trading for a guy to replace what is realistically the 4th receiver on JRobs depth chart is dumb, unless it's practically free of course. But that's not what a "playmaker" will be.

If you want to trade for a guy that happens to push the higher guys down the depth chart, I don't even remotely consider that trading for a guy to replace Decker. Trading for a vet to be your WR that you put in on certain packages is dumb. I'm not going to give that idea up.

Landry is coming off 100+ rec year and pro bowl appearance. Passing on him bc you don't want to give up a 3rd or bc of an unproven guy like Taylor would be insane. It'd be the very definition of fan bias and over valuing your own players.

The only true deterrents would be if he's asking too much for an extension or the trade price goes up.

Edited by reo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

on NFLN Total Access, Rapoport just took his earlier report about our interest in Jarvis Landry and ran even further with it, and specifically mentioned that JRob is looking to add an explosive playma

I'd much rather have a pass catching RB like Sproles or Kamara than a WR......

Most on this board root against signing FA's. I've never seen a fan base so obsessed with the salary cap in my life.

18 minutes ago, reo said:

Landry is coming off 100+ rec year and pro bowl appearance. Passing on him bc you don't want to give up a 3rd or bc of an unproven guy like Taylor would be insane. It'd be the very definition of fan bias and over valuing your own players.

The only true deterrents would be if he's asking too much for an extension or the trade price goes up.

I would think 12 mil a year would be pretty fair for a long term deal considering the current WR market and the top 10 paid guys, etc. 

He's generally rated as the best slot WR in the league. We paid 10 a year for a top 7 slot corner, so you'd think you would pay 12 for the top slot receiver. 

Edited by tgo

Btw, keep an eye on Tavon Austin who will likely be traded or released by the Rams. 

I haven't followed his career closely of late, so I'm not sure what kind of person he is. I know his production has majorly fallen off. But you'd think he'd be considering an "explosive" addition to the offense. 

21 minutes ago, reo said:

As I said, I don't consider that as a replacement for Decker (or Taywan), Landry would instantly be our #1 unless Davis has taken major strides and consistently shows us what he did in NE. He'd easily surpass Rishard on the depth chart in terms of importance to the team.

4 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

As I said, I don't consider that as a replacement for Decker (or Taywan), Landry would instantly be our #1 unless Davis has taken major strides and consistently shows us what he did in NE. He'd easily surpass Rishard on the depth chart in terms of importance to the team.

Landry wouldn't really be the "no. 1." I mean, he may be the top target if that's what you mean. But Davis would be the X. 

If they kept Matthews he'd probably be the Z. With Landry playing slot in 3 WR sets and outside in 2 receiver sets. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

Landry wouldn't really be the "no. 1." I mean, he may be the top target if that's what you mean. But Davis would be the X. 

I know, but realistically Landry would be our best receiver too and our highest reception receiver. In my eyes that's the team's #1 receiver. I'd love to be proven wrong early but there's no way at this point anyone can say CD is better than Landry,

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I know, but realistically Landry would be our best receiver too and our highest reception receiver. In my eyes that's the team's #1 receiver. I'd love to be proven wrong early but there's no way at this point anyone can say CD is better than Landry,

Well of course Landry is better at this point than Corey Davis is. But if Davis isn't significantly better than Landry and doesn't emerge as a star X receiver in the NFL, then it's a wasted 5th overall pick. 

I think Corey Davis will be better than Landry and can do a lot of things Landry can't. Landry is just way more consistent at this stage obviously. 

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think Corey Davis will be better than Landry and can do a lot of things Landry can't. Landry is just way more consistent at this stage obviously. 

So do I, I was just emphasizing that it's not a debate of if the team wants to upgrade Decker compared to Taywan... If they trade for Landry neither of that is a discussion and they just want the entire receiver group to improve and not necessarily an indictment on one vs the other that was being had when I chimed in.

This isn’t an indictment on Davis/Taylor

its about Douglas/Decker being FAs and Weems not a true WR and Matthews in his last year of his contract. 

We need a new WR and the draft is empty after round 1

i go hard for Watkins/Brown/Robinson in FA

or pursue a trade for Landry (who I labeled a target fucking months ago) or at minimum a flier on Martavis Bryant. 

Thomas and Bryant are rumored to be on trade block as well

I wonder if Denver would give us their second rounder and Thomas  for our first rounder to move Thomas contract off the books, and move up to the first round while chasing Cousins. I’m sure that’s not near enough but the fact they could move into the first from the second and clear a lot of cap may be enough. 

Ofcourse there will be teams teams offering a lone pick, but who knows. 

We would likely have to throw in a future draft as well

14 hours ago, headhunter said:

Theres no doubt in my mind Robinson's #1 goal of the offseason is to find an explosive playmaking WR 

If that is true, then his draft track record would take another big hit.

He just spent the 5th overall pick on a WR, and a 3rd rounder. Looking for more receiving help is smart, and in a modern passing offense you need to keep the stables full. But an explosive playmaking WR should not be at the top of the list after the resources put into that group.