Jonboy

49ers Sign Garoppolo To Long Term Deal, 5 Years $137.5 Million

3 hours ago, Tim said:

Lol Jimmy G had no leverage over the greatest QB of all time. 

Thats not what he said. Oman is saying BB wanted to trade Brady and roll with Jimmy G but Kraft overruled him; a stance I also copletely agree with and said so earlier in the year. So now Brady can demand more money because Jimmy G was shipped out when Kraft sided with Brady over BB. It has nothing to do with the Qbs having leverage over each other. It's about Brady having leverage over the patriots.

Edited by oldschool

Just now, oldschool said:

Thats not what he said. Oman is saying BB wanted to trade Brady and roll with Jimm G but Kraft overruled him. So now Brady can demand more money because Jimmy G wa shipped out and Kraft sided with him. It has nothing to do with the Qbs having leverage over each other. It's about Brady having leverage over the patriots.

Basically if they wanted to roll with Jimmy they offer him some decent contract (like what Brady was previously making, $20 mil) and if he takes it (why wouldn't he?) they then proceed to let Brady go in a trade.  Now with Jimmy gone......   if I'm Brady I say show me the money and take $30 mil a year for 3 years. 

The guy has 12 total NFL touchdown passes over 4 years lol. I understand the marketing part they absolutely have to fill that brand spanking new stadium but that's taking chance.

Edited by Huston

6 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

No way could they have let him hit the market and JG took it to the max.

It's as simple as that, it is mind-boggling why this is even a discussion... They simple couldn't let him talk to other teams.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Anyone who watched Jimmy G this year, even in limited time, can tell he is/is going to be an absolute stud. Sometimes, stats don’t tell the whole story. 

And he was being groomed to be Brady's replacement

9 hours ago, Tim said:

Lol Jimmy G had no leverage over the greatest QB of all time. 

"LOL", it's not about JG having leverage over Brady. It's about the team having JG on the roster with the ability to go with him over Brady. There is a reason Brady wanted him gone. 40 yr old QBs don't have a lot of leverage when there is a young potentially great QB right behind him. 

5 hours ago, Huston said:

The guy has 12 total NFL touchdown passes over 4 years lol. I understand the marketing part they absolutely have to fill that brand spanking new stadium but that's taking chance.

He's been in the league, he was in the 9ers meeting rooms and practiced and played. I don't think it has a thing to do with marketing, it's about thinking he's a franchise QB. It looks to me like there is a good chance he is. He's way safer than a 1st round QB

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

He's been in the league, he was in the 9ers meeting rooms and practiced and played. I don't think it has a thing to do with marketing, it's about thinking he's a franchise QB. It looks to me like there is a good chance he is. He's way safer than a 1st round QB

First rounders QB's don't make that kind of money any more and if he had came from any other team their would be way more questions asked. Sample size is still way to small. Watsons 7 games are more impressive then anything Jimmy has done and he isn't close to being a franchise QB yet.

Edited by Huston

41 minutes ago, Huston said:

First rounders QB's don't make that kind of money any more and if he had came from any other team their would be way more questions asked. Sample size is still way to small. Watsons 7 games are more impressive then anything Jimmy has done and he isn't close to being a franchise QB yet.

Watson hit on a bunch of bombs. It was impressive & very explosive, and nowhere near sustainable. Garrappollo consistently made the types of big time throws that great QB's make.

3 minutes ago, Face said:

Watson hit on a bunch of bombs. It was impressive & very explosive, and nowhere near sustainable. Garrappollo consistently made the types of big time throws that great QB's make.

In 8 games man, 12 TD's and 5 picks is nothing earth moving. Ill wait till he has to deal with the pressure of actually being the starter for a full season.

Really was perfect timing for Jimmy G and 49ers. They have a shit ton of cap. Lock him up for the future with a front loaded contract and when he is his prime they will be paying him nothing. Having him under a long term contract makes them more attractive for FAs too. Paying him was a no brainer. 

17 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'd love to see JG's resume with Hopkins and Fuller.

Good passing QBs don't need elite WR talent, they make the WRs. Who the hell are SF's WRs?