Jonboy

49ers Sign Garoppolo To Long Term Deal, 5 Years $137.5 Million

5 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Do you hate capitalism?

I hate that there are other positions in the nfl that get paid nowhere near the same amount and don’t get the same protection from the league yet put their body on the line way more and are just as vital to the team. 

Number9   

The 49ers, right?  They had Alex Smith-ran him out of town.  The gave Kaep a huge deal.  He's gone.  Now, they pay a QB who's played less than five games for them, 22.5m 25.5m per season.  Makes sense.

Edited by Number9

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The 49ers, right?  They had Alex Smith-ran him out of town.  The gave Kaep a huge deal.  He's gone.  Now, they pay a QB who's played less than five games for them, 22.5m 25.5m per season.  Makes sense.

He seems to be actually good though

I don’t understand the outrage. The cap is always going up, so this shouldn’t be a concern. 

On an individual player level, how does this compare to other sports?  I’m surprised every year when I read about what even the most mediocre baseball player makes - especially when compared to star football players. 

Soxcat   
1 hour ago, reo said:

So you're saying you're not a fan of pure capitalism? You want some regulation so they can spread the wealth around to other players? :D

Capitalism?  They have an union.  The union is letting down the rest of the players IMO.  They might as well not have a union if they are going to let all the money go to just a few players. 

9 Nines   
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Robert Kraft is a total moron

The Pats possibly had a Montana to Young situation and blew it. 

What about Titans not entering the trade. The Titans could finally have had a QB with Garoppolo.

1 hour ago, XanderMXIX said:

I hate that there are other positions in the nfl that get paid nowhere near the same amount and don’t get the same protection from the league yet put their body on the line way more and are just as vital to the team

This is the problem with your premise. QB trumps all.

Number9   
45 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He seems to be actually good though

Kaep took them to a SB that went to the wire.  Kaep also came back the next season and threw a nice ball to the corner at the whistle to almost go back.  Grab Grop has started less than eight games in the NFL.  He got injured doing that.  I would be let down if the Titans made a move like this.    spell auto correct

Football players are dumb jocks.  No bias, they just get hit in the head a lot.  Look at the number of them who are dead broke aster their 3.5 years in the league.  Everybody takes advantage of them.  Their union made the worse deal of all the professional leagues, is I have heard.  They negotiated less padded practiced and the players are getting knocked out at a higher rate.  They can't tackle, but the players were happy because they didn't have to practice as often.  

Say the pie has 200M in it.  If you give the QB 25M, then the other players have to divvy up 175M.  OBJ, says OK-give me 15M.  In the end, the rest make a lot less than they should.  They stopped it when guys like Jamarcus came is and got record deals, but it's still out of wack.  It's a team sport.  The SB pays all the winners the same.  I don't say they should do that, but it makes little sense to have one player super rich and the rest just making good money.

Edited by Number9

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Kaep took them to a SB that went to the wire.  Kaep also came back the next season and threw a nice ball to the corner at the whistle to almost go back.  Grab Grop has started less than eight games in the NFL.  He got injured doing that.  I would be let down if the Titans made a move like this.    spell auto correct

Football players are dumb jocks.  No bias, they just get hit in the head a lot.  Look at the number of them who are dead broke aster their 3.5 years in the league.  Everybody takes advantage of them.  Their union made the worse deal of all the professional leagues, is I have heard.  They negotiated less padded practiced and the players are getting knocked out at a higher rate.  They can't tackle, but the players were happy because they didn't have to practice as often.  

Say the pie has 200M in it.  If you give the QB 25M, then the other players have to divvy up 175M.  OBJ, says OK-give me 15M.  In the end, the rest make a lot less than they should.  They stopped it when guys like Jamarcus came is and got record deals, but it's still out of wack.  It's a team sport.  The SB pays all the winners the same.  I don't say they should do that, but it makes little sense to have one player super rich and the rest just making good money.

We beat the Kap discussion to death. Hes not an nfl caliber QB, hes a system guy thats not accurate. Jimmy is scheme flexible and is accurate

Number9   
Just now, headhunter said:

We beat the Kap discussion to death. Hes not an nfl caliber QB, hes a system guy thats not accurate. Jimmy is scheme flexible and is accurate

You point Kaep out.  I said the had Alex Smith and Kaep.  At the time they had these two QBs what they did makes as much sense as this signing.  JG hasn't played an entire season.  There is nothing to base his salary on.  EXCEPT.  He played behind Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You point Kaep out.  I said the had Alex Smith and Kaep.  At the time they had these two QBs what they did makes as much sense as this signing.  JG hasn't played an entire season.  There is nothing to base his salary on.  EXCEPT.  He played behind Tom Brady.

They already spent a second rounder, they were gonna pay him regardless. Do you doubt Jimmy G?

Edited by headhunter