Jump to content
Jonboy

49ers Sign Garoppolo To Long Term Deal, 5 Years $137.5 Million

Recommended Posts

Its racist if you say racist, by doing so you are helping racism and you are racists. By ignoring or downplaying racism you are racists as well. Enjoy your trip to hell or purgatory. Have a nice day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

Didn’t read it all but seems the general consensus of this board is they paid him too much and they did that based on potential. 

Number 1, the OP didn’t start with how stupid it was to pay Jimmy G and number 2, the only complaints were about the system that allowed for every signing to be the highest paid QB.  The only reason that was an issue was because Mariota was seemingly headed for an extension and there would be concerns about our cap.  That’s over $30 mil per yer for a player who has accomplished jack shit and yet his POTENTIAL was worth it.  Not for Dak though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Number 1, the OP didn’t start with how stupid it was to pay Jimmy G and number 2, the only complaints were about the system that allowed for every signing to be the highest paid QB.  The only reason that was an issue was because Mariota was seemingly headed for an extension and there would be concerns about our cap.  That’s over $30 mil per yer for a player who has accomplished jack shit and yet his POTENTIAL was worth it.  Not for Dak though.  

I think the argument was Dak isn’t worth 40M which is what was reported he was asking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

I think the argument was Dak isn’t worth 40M which is what was reported he was asking for. 

Ole boy is a special kind of stupid. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Number 1, the OP didn’t start with how stupid it was to pay Jimmy G and number 2, the only complaints were about the system that allowed for every signing to be the highest paid QB.  The only reason that was an issue was because Mariota was seemingly headed for an extension and there would be concerns about our cap.  That’s over $30 mil per yer for a player who has accomplished jack shit and yet his POTENTIAL was worth it.  Not for Dak though.  

Wrong. Ppl were expecting Mariota to keep up what he had done the last half of 2016. He didn't. Had he done that, it wouldnt have been on potential but actual play. 

 

Thankfully we had a couple more years which kept us from making an awful mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

I think the argument was Dak isn’t worth 40M which is what was reported he was asking for. 

This is a negotiation.  Of course he is not going to take the first offer and of course he is going to state a higher asking price.  Isn’t that how all negotiations start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Righteous said:

This is a negotiation.  Of course he is not going to take the first offer and of course he is going to state a higher asking price.  Isn’t that how all negotiations start?

If you tried to sell me a car and your starting price was 33% over the value id laugh in your face too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Righteous said:

@WG53...yep it’s totally the same thing.  Stop bullshitting me!  And this ass clown had done nothing yet the Patriots had a Montana Young situation?  I will keep shining the light as long as clowns keep having race as factor in it.  I want nothing other than play on the field to be the final measuring stick.  It is not.  Do you know after producing quite effectively, we had an OP about DeShaun Watson’s hype he was receiving for his actual play?  Yet, Jimmy G is Steve Young because of what?  And I am the one bringing race in.  No I am sick of the double standard.  As I said, miss me with the bullshit!

What the fuck?

 

On the first page all you see is people questioning it. You just see whatever you want to see so you can play the race card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dinx81 said:

I think the argument was Dak isn’t worth 40M which is what was reported he was asking for. 

And here is the bullshit.  The argument was Dak was not worth $30M...even though he is more accomplished than Wentz or Jimmy G, somehow he deserves to be paid less.  Funny how you all love to change the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Righteous said:

And here is the bullshit.  The argument was Dak was not worth $30M...even though he is more accomplished than Wentz or Jimmy G, somehow he deserves to be paid less.  Funny how you all love to change the subject.

Dallas was willing to pay 30M, he wanted 40M. Hes a 4th round pick and didn’t play well without Zeke. I think him pushing for an extra 10 mill a year caused people to even laugh at the 30 mill. Wentz was taken 2nd overall and Jimmy G was drafted second round. That plays a big part in it all. If race played a part people would be picking Wilson or Cams contract appart. Like ive said twice before, just because the Eagles are dumb and the 9ers are desperate doesn’t mean the Cowboys automatically have to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

Dallas was willing to pay 30M, he wanted 40M. Hes a 4th round pick and didn’t play well without Zeke. I think him pushing for an extra 10 mill a year caused people to even laugh at the 30 mill. Wentz was taken 2nd overall and Jimmy G was drafted second round. That plays a big part in it all. If race played a part people would be picking Wilson or Cams contract appart. Like ive said twice before, just because the Eagles are dumb and the 9ers are desperate doesn’t mean the Cowboys automatically have to be. 

Where he was picked has nothing to do with the scenario at all.  These are the stupid double standards that are used to justify bullshit.  Does Tom Brady derserve to make less because he was drafted in the 5th round?  I am sure the marker will change to Super Bowls now.  That’s just predictable with these arguments on this Board.

 

 Dak has outplayed both Wentz and G.  2 out of 3 years he has led his team to the playoffs.  Neither of the other 2 have done that.  The Cowboys must pay the going rate and if Philly, SF, set the market, oh well.  That’s not Dak’s fault and yes, the Cowboys and every other team must abide by what the market dictates.  But of course, racist White people don’t think the rules of the market and supply and demand should apply to the Black man!!! Lol!!!

Edited by Righteous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...