49ers Sign Garoppolo To Long Term Deal, 5 Years $137.5 Million

Jonboy

17 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'd love to see JG's resume with Hopkins and Fuller.

Good passing QBs don't need elite WR talent, they make the WRs. Who the hell are SF's WRs? 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robert Kraft is a total moron   The Pats possibly had a Montana to Young situation and blew it.     

Hopefully the Titans have a reason to give Mariota a $200M in 2020. 

The cap doesnt matter anymore. You guys are so scared of money thats not yours. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Good passing QBs don't need elite WR talent, they make the WRs. Who the hell are SF's WRs? 

I know all of that. My point was that bad QBs can look better than they are with elite WR talent so how much better would JGs resume be.

I have no clue who San Fran's receivers are.

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I know all of that. My point was that bad QBs can look better than they are with elite WR talent so how much better would JGs resume be.

I have no clue who San Fran's receivers are.

The better question is what would Watkins have done with SF's supporting cast. Watkins is one of the most over hyped QBs I've ever seen based on what he did last year

I don't know the SF WRs either 

It's interesting how QBs become great.  I was impressed with JG in the Titans-49ers game.  I just didn't realize that he was already a franchise QB worthy of being the highest paid QB in the league.  But that's what NE was going to pay.  BB wanted to keep JG(27.5M) and trade TB.  Then Cleveland was going to sign TB(32M), go 19-0 and be the first everything.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The better question is what would Watkins have done with SF's supporting cast. Watkins is one of the most over hyped QBs I've ever seen based on what he did last year

I don't know the SF WRs either 

Idk, but I suspect not much. I don't think Watkins is a bum, but the meteoric stats he was putting up were eerily reminiscent of how RG3 put up monster stats that first year. Seemed like he was going to be the next Joe Montana and Michael Vick rolled into one the way everyone was going on about him.

So if Jimmy had went to the Bills instead of the best young OC in the league after 4 years with a very good QB coaching in NE he would still look like a franchise QB huh. Its always one or the other with you guys. Either the QB is so good the systems or the WR don't matter or the opposite. The guy has all the traits you want but Ill wait till he actually plays more then 8 games to anoint him a top 10 QB.

Edited by Huston

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Have to disagree, JG's resume is way more impressive 

What resume, thats my point. I agree he has looked good even great in a few games but its a few games spread out over 4 years. People only use context when its in support of their beliefs I guess. What Brissett was able to do is more impressive. He came in and started right away after being traded and played well while Jimmy sat till the season was practically a bust before starting.

Edited by Huston

1 hour ago, Huston said:

What resume, thats my point. I agree he has looked good even great in a few games but its a few games spread out over 4 years. People only use context when its in support of their beliefs I guess. What Brissett was able to do is more impressive. He came in and started right away after being traded and played well while Jimmy sat till the season was practically a bust before starting.

Wtf

1 hour ago, Huston said:

Brisett was HORRIBLE in the 2nd half of the year for the Colts.