49ers Sign Garoppolo To Long Term Deal, 5 Years $137.5 Million

Jonboy

45 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He seems to be actually good though

Kaep took them to a SB that went to the wire.  Kaep also came back the next season and threw a nice ball to the corner at the whistle to almost go back.  Grab Grop has started less than eight games in the NFL.  He got injured doing that.  I would be let down if the Titans made a move like this.    spell auto correct

Football players are dumb jocks.  No bias, they just get hit in the head a lot.  Look at the number of them who are dead broke aster their 3.5 years in the league.  Everybody takes advantage of them.  Their union made the worse deal of all the professional leagues, is I have heard.  They negotiated less padded practiced and the players are getting knocked out at a higher rate.  They can't tackle, but the players were happy because they didn't have to practice as often.  

Say the pie has 200M in it.  If you give the QB 25M, then the other players have to divvy up 175M.  OBJ, says OK-give me 15M.  In the end, the rest make a lot less than they should.  They stopped it when guys like Jamarcus came is and got record deals, but it's still out of wack.  It's a team sport.  The SB pays all the winners the same.  I don't say they should do that, but it makes little sense to have one player super rich and the rest just making good money.

Edited by Number9

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robert Kraft is a total moron   The Pats possibly had a Montana to Young situation and blew it.     

Hopefully the Titans have a reason to give Mariota a $200M in 2020. 

The cap doesnt matter anymore. You guys are so scared of money thats not yours. 

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Kaep took them to a SB that went to the wire.  Kaep also came back the next season and threw a nice ball to the corner at the whistle to almost go back.  Grab Grop has started less than eight games in the NFL.  He got injured doing that.  I would be let down if the Titans made a move like this.    spell auto correct

Football players are dumb jocks.  No bias, they just get hit in the head a lot.  Look at the number of them who are dead broke aster their 3.5 years in the league.  Everybody takes advantage of them.  Their union made the worse deal of all the professional leagues, is I have heard.  They negotiated less padded practiced and the players are getting knocked out at a higher rate.  They can't tackle, but the players were happy because they didn't have to practice as often.  

Say the pie has 200M in it.  If you give the QB 25M, then the other players have to divvy up 175M.  OBJ, says OK-give me 15M.  In the end, the rest make a lot less than they should.  They stopped it when guys like Jamarcus came is and got record deals, but it's still out of wack.  It's a team sport.  The SB pays all the winners the same.  I don't say they should do that, but it makes little sense to have one player super rich and the rest just making good money.

We beat the Kap discussion to death. Hes not an nfl caliber QB, hes a system guy thats not accurate. Jimmy is scheme flexible and is accurate

Just now, headhunter said:

We beat the Kap discussion to death. Hes not an nfl caliber QB, hes a system guy thats not accurate. Jimmy is scheme flexible and is accurate

You point Kaep out.  I said the had Alex Smith and Kaep.  At the time they had these two QBs what they did makes as much sense as this signing.  JG hasn't played an entire season.  There is nothing to base his salary on.  EXCEPT.  He played behind Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You point Kaep out.  I said the had Alex Smith and Kaep.  At the time they had these two QBs what they did makes as much sense as this signing.  JG hasn't played an entire season.  There is nothing to base his salary on.  EXCEPT.  He played behind Tom Brady.

They already spent a second rounder, they were gonna pay him regardless. Do you doubt Jimmy G?

Edited by headhunter

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

They already spent a second rounder, they were gonna pay him regardless. Do you doubt Jimmy G?

It's not about whether or not I doubt him.  JG is a commodity.  He's a professional football QB.  He's now signed the largest deal in the history of the NFL.  What has JG done?  He has started seven games.  He was backup to Tom Brady.  He looked good in his starts.  Agree.  Y/N

The QB salary was altered because a lot of young, inexperienced players got paid way more than vets.  JG is now paid more that Rodgers, Brady, Ryan and a whole to of other QBs who have proved they can play season after season of top performances.  They also get paid for durability.  JG got hurt after his first three games.

Zach M came out and wowed the league in preseason.  Lots of smart football people said he was starter material.  The Titans could have traded him for a high pick.  After he got more pt, opinions changed.  Highest paid QB in the league is expected to win big and stay on the field.  JG, like ZM has not shown he can do either.

And may I add, SF is like the guy who takes the best D in the first round of your fantasy league draft.  You're glad because you know there will be more value in round two.  Let them go sign OBJ, too.  He'll need weapons.

Edited by Number9

Puts Titans, along with every other team facing a QB negotiation, in a very tough spot.

$30 million is a pile to absorb into the salary cap. Aaron Rodgers had the biggest number at $19,800,000 in base.

Add that to Taylor Lewan dollars (Top 5 tackles making 10.2 - 12.5 annually).

All of the sudden Titans $50 million in cap space is down to $10.

Also tells you that the Titans aren't like to make  3rd contract offers to either Morgan ($6.5) or Orakpo ($7.25) after next season, and that DeMarco is a likely cap hit this year ($6.25).

Not sure what SF was thinking but the fallout from this ridiculous salary hike is going to be brutal across the NFL.

If the cap goes up another 10%, somewhere around $18,000,000, it still puts teams in a financial bind.

Garoppolo won't stay the highest paid QB this offseason. 

But if I'm the agency for MM, I absolutely am arguing that he is more proven than JG and deserves every penny of what JG got paid.

10 minutes ago, code said:

If the cap goes up another 10%, somewhere around $18,000,000, it still puts teams in a financial bind.

Garoppolo won't stay the highest paid QB this offseason. 

But if I'm the agency for MM, I absolutely am arguing that he is more proven than JG and deserves every penny of what JG got paid.

I'm sure Cousins agent is loving life right about now.

2 hours ago, XanderMXIX said:

I hate that there are other positions in the nfl that get paid nowhere near the same amount and don’t get the same protection from the league yet put their body on the line way more and are just as vital to the team. 

Name one position just as, or more, vital to the team than QB. 

28 minutes ago, code said:

Puts Titans, along with every other team facing a QB negotiation, in a very tough spot.

$30 million is a pile to absorb into the salary cap. Aaron Rodgers had the biggest number at $19,800,000 in base.

Add that to Taylor Lewan dollars (Top 5 tackles making 10.2 - 12.5 annually).

All of the sudden Titans $50 million in cap space is down to $10.

Also tells you that the Titans aren't like to make  3rd contract offers to either Morgan ($6.5) or Orakpo ($7.25) after next season, and that DeMarco is a likely cap hit this year ($6.25).

Not sure what SF was thinking but the fallout from this ridiculous salary hike is going to be brutal across the NFL.

There's an easy solution for the Titans.  Just go out and spend 45M in fantasy free agency this year and then proclaim it's a cheap year. /s

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Not really.  Some positions don't get much if any more money.  Teams have to skimp somewhere so what really happens is more and more inequality.  For example, a team might pay a QB and LT a record deal but pay most of the rest of the line, RBs and borderline starters peanuts.  If I were the union I'd want higher minimum salaries and a % CAP ceiling on other contracts.  These guys are risking their brains, knees and such so some guy can make 20X what they do.  There obviously needs to be differences in pay rates but not so extreme there is a huge gorge between the top and bottom.   

So... you're against pure capitalism and you're for a higher minimum wage? Damn commie liberal