49ers Sign Garoppolo To Long Term Deal, 5 Years $137.5 Million

Jonboy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robert Kraft is a total moron   The Pats possibly had a Montana to Young situation and blew it.     

Hopefully the Titans have a reason to give Mariota a $200M in 2020. 

The cap doesnt matter anymore. You guys are so scared of money thats not yours. 

No way the Patriots could have kept him at that kind of money.  Paying just 2 players on your roster $50 million would destroy your team.  I only fault them for not getting a better deal for JG. They really couldn't drop Brady, because no one knew JG was that good until he was traded and showed it.

2 minutes ago, XanderMXIX said:

Do these teams not understand that if you keep making your QB the highest paid player in the NFL every year that they are going to kill their team in the future? I mean it’s getting ridiculous. There’s no reason he should be the highest paid. On now the next QB will say he should be the highest paid. 

The alternative is not having a QB and drafting a new one every 3-5 years (or signing a backup caliber FA for 5-15/year). You take your pick.

Priority is and always will be QB. Even if it means overpaying based on youth compared to actual talent.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

4 minutes ago, XanderMXIX said:

They seriously need to. These QB contracts are getting way out of hand. What’s insane is that if the owners would come together and just agree that we can’t be paying these guys record deals every time. Unfortunately there’s always going to be that one team that’ll pay that QB a record deal because they think he’s the one. Then the cycle just goes on and on. 

I just really hate what these ludicrous contracts are doing to teams. 

What are they doing to teams? Are there teams that are cash strapped these days? I know we haven't been but don't pay much attention to other teams' cap situations.

Edited by reo

Just now, XanderMXIX said:

I’m not saying they’re cap strapped but unproven QBs are getting paid the highest deals year after year and eventually it’s going to become a problem because it just keeps going up. It’ll get the point where a QB is making 1/3 of the teams salary that year. That’s a joke

If it's not strangling their cap situation, I've got no problem with it. Honesty even if it does, I don't really care as long as the titans don't do it.

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

They could try and get something in the agreement that no one player can make over a certain % of the CAP.  Not sure why the players would care one way or another since that is more to go around for the other guys.  But really, who cares?  Any team paying out mega bucks on one player just has less to build the rest of their team. 

It does shock me the 49ers paid that much out.  Obviously the results so far look good but still, Jimmy hasn't played as a full time starter for a single season yet.  He is getting paid like he is a top QB.  Makes no sense.

QBs being treated like late 90's .com IPOs.  More on buzz than P/E.

Just now, XanderMXIX said:

Problem is the titans will have no choice now. Mariota has had winning seasons and won a playoff game so he’ll need to be offered more. The cycle will just continue.

Players break record deals every year at every position. QBs just make the most. It's not really a huge deal bc the cap keeps going up too.

4 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The players are the ones who should be the most pissed.  Each dollar given out to a QB is a dollar less that is available to the other players.  Also, add in another 5+ mil or so for the backup and that is a huge amount for one position.

So you're saying you're not a fan of pure capitalism? You want some regulation so they can spread the wealth around to other players? :D