Sign in to follow this  
moosle

Teams are looking at whether Vince Young mishandled money

I'm not saying that this guy did not bring his situation down on himself, or that with this much smoke there is no fire, but if you're a media guy and you are going to go after somebody it should be with something more than "investigating rumors [Young] may have mishandled his money”. He definitely has emotional and maturity issues that have proven to be his downfall and the team made the right decision to move on; but in the last 8 months this guy has had his character totally assisnated by the media and I have yet to hear one member of the media actually quote a named source or make a substantiated allegation. This guy has done a lot of charity work and was a mutiple time finalist for the Titan's Man of The Year award.

OILERMAN   

but in the last 8 months this guy has had his character totally assisnated by the media

VY has squandered chance after chance and has destroyed his own character. The media didn't do it, the coaches didn't do it and other players didn't do it. He did it.

AvgJoe   

Vince Young's sense of entitlement and belief that he could enter the HOF without hard work have been his downfall. Your physical skills do not matter if you do not work hard and you have a head full of shit. I bet VInce winds up in Buffalo, starts and wins a few games, and then implodes again. He will never be a consistent threat

ctm   

I seriously doubt that any NFL team will sign VY to a starter's money contract this offseason.

He'll get a chance as a backup that will play once someone else is injured.

Whenever you hear about some dumbass athlete starting his own recording company it doesn't bode well for their financial future and related decision making.

He's like that Richard Pryor character in that movie where he's a big dumb child.

Hopefully he has already turned to smoking crack.

OILERMAN   

I bet VInce winds up in Buffalo, starts and wins a few games, and then implodes again.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is so much better than VY it's not even funny.

I'm not saying that this guy did not bring his situation down on himself, or that with this much smoke there is no fire, but if you're a media guy and you are going to go after somebody it should be with something more than "investigating rumors [Young] may have mishandled his money”. He definitely has emotional and maturity issues that have proven to be his downfall and the team made the right decision to move on; but in the last 8 months this guy has had his character totally assisnated by the media and I have yet to hear one member of the media actually quote a named source or make a substantiated allegation. This guy has done a lot of charity work and was a mutiple time finalist for the Titan's Man of The Year award.

Welcome to the information Age where the media is more concerned with reporting something first rather than lining up factual evidence and providing sources to verify those facts.

Some of you I believe are missing the main point of the article which I beleive lies in this sentence:

Mishandling money would hardly be a unique issue for a top-ten pick, so a deeper investigation could indicate a larger problem.

It's not that he;s mishandled money like a mlot of high picks with some bad investments here and there..the article hints it's much more serious than that. We are only left to speculate but it could be he's pretty close to broke or heading there fast... and/or he is spending money on things the NFL considers unethical/dangerous.

Like I said, hopefully it's crack cocaine.