Titans to Hire Matt LaFleur for OC

tgo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the people who have been shitting on JRob and Vrabel need to stay silent. 

Okay maybe people can just calm the fuck down now?   Good job Vrabel.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

BTW, McVay is really building a reputation for himself as someone you'd like to work for. Letting Lafleur go instead of blocking him is a great example of forward thinking. That guy is going to have no trouble getting top assistants over to LA.

As long as he can replace the quality as fast as he lets it go.  This could be a big test of both McVay and Lafleur. 

Virtual high fives to everyone on the board who’s happy with the OC hire.

I’ve been able to accurately predict way too many play calls going back for way too many years.  I don’t want to be able to do that anymore and I dont think I will. Very happy with this hire. 

I think LaFleur had to see this as a great opportunity for his career.  If the offense is successful, he will get almost all the credit considering MV will be seen as a defensive guy. 

There was a thread not long ago talking about how we have nothing to look forward to for next year-wow, have things changed dramatically since then. 

1 hour ago, Face said:

Tom Cable would've been a perfect OL coach, he's been teaching zone blocking for a

zillion years.

He fell on his face in Seattle.

There's lots of people up this way saying Cable should have been sent down the road long before Bevell.

58 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Attractive to young coaches?  Really?  These guys aren't usually choosing between 10 different jobs when getting a chance at a better job you know.  Like some QB coach is deciding if he wants the Pats OC job or the Rams, hey I'll take the Rams.... cool coach.

Unless the Rams have already received an acceptance from a guy like Filippo exactly who are they going to get that doesn't downgrade the Rams staff?  "Young" fresh idea coaches looking to move up are a dime a dozen.  Good ones you really want are very rare and if you happen to hire one the last thing you want to do is flush and start over.  So now after one good season Goff gets to have an new OC.  Brilliant move. 

You're aware that McVay essentially controls all aspects of the offense and calls the plays. They're not even replacing Lafleur with another OC. they just promoted their TE and running game coordinator. To imply there will be chaos because an OC left is sensationalist. 

I'd much rather go work for someone that will allow me to progress in my career than someone that will block my way. I can see that being a deciding factor for a potential OC or position coach trying to decide between offers. Not all hot young coaches have those choices but some do and McVay will be in a good position to bring them in. That's all I'm saying.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but with this hire JRob's vision for the process is back on track.  He wanted Vrabel, brought Wilks in for the Rooney rule and brought LeFleur in to be head of the offense.  LeFleur just needed to think about it.  As for DC, JRob probably didn't sweat that hire as Vrabel will have his hand in it.

Trust in JRob?  (Of course, LeFleur could fall on his face...)

19 minutes ago, japan said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but with this hire JRob's vision for the process is back on track.  He wanted Vrabel, brought Wilks in for the Rooney rule and brought LeFleur in to be head of the offense.  LeFleur just needed to think about it.  As for DC, JRob probably didn't sweat that hire as Vrabel will have his hand in it.

Trust in JRob?  (Of course, LeFleur could fall on his face...)

You do know Wilkes has a head coaching job and more experience coaching than both Vrabel and LaFleur?  But being Black makes him under qualified in your book, I guess.