23 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'd rather have Callahan at OC and Caldwell as QB coach honestly. 

Callahan is probably more maleable in terms of creating a system tailored for Mariota, and would bring elements from the Shanahan/Kubiak offense, the McDaniels offense, as well as the Tom Moore/Caldwell/Cooter offense. 

I actually think Caldwell would be a fantastic QB coach for Mariota. They'd hit it off very well, I'd imagine.

57 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'd rather have Callahan at OC and Caldwell as QB coach honestly. 

Callahan is probably more maleable in terms of creating a system tailored for Mariota, and would bring elements from the Shanahan/Kubiak offense, the McDaniels offense, as well as the Tom Moore/Caldwell/Cooter offense. 

Agree a 100%. I'm sure he also took somethings from his Dad, a who was a hardcore Gruden West Coast guy.

Speaking of his Dad, he looked gross in that photo. Is he sick or something? He was so skinny.

Edited by Face

Callahan might make a good OL coach but not sure about anything else.  Mixed feeling on that guy although the old Gruden Raider's offense might be the ticket for Mariota.  Assuming that is what he installs.  Remember he was the coach for Nebraska and embarrassed that program.  But obviously he was not a good fit for a program that smash mouthed the ball for decades.  And believe it or not Callahan has had some success with the running game when he was with the Jets.  But his main forte seems to be coaching the OL. 

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I actually think Caldwell would be a fantastic QB coach for Mariota. They'd hit it off very well, I'd imagine.

I agree. Both seem very smart, and have similar analytical personalities.

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

its a bit frustrating that Steve Wilks was hired as the Cardinals HC a couple of days after Vrabel and he has already go his coordinators sorted out.

And I think most here would agree that he got the McCoy selection wrong. If the team wants to fit the scheme and players together like hand and glove all while avoiding major retread coaches... then that could take more time.

It hasn’t been very long, and they seem to be looking for something very special specific.

12 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

its a bit frustrating that Steve Wilks was hired as the Cardinals HC a couple of days after Vrabel and he has already go his coordinators sorted out.

Show us the historical data that proves quickly hiring your staff quickly is advantageous?  What is more important is making sure the guys we get are on board with what Vrabel thinks we should do.  We don't need more square pegs in round holes. 

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

And I think most here would agree that he got the McCoy selection wrong. If the team wants to fit the scheme and players together like hand and glove all while avoiding major retread coaches... then that could take more time.

It hasn’t been very long, and they seem to be looking for something very special specific.

McCoy is a well respected offensive mind and is certainly better than Bevell for the Arizona role. 

It won’t matter though, they’ll all probably get fired within 2 or 3 years in Arizona without a QB. 

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Vrabel will be on Golic&Wingo in about 2.5hrs, might get an update on how the staff search is progressing.

Nothing of substance.

Just now, ctm said:

Nothing of substance.

was a terrible interview, basically all they were interested in asking Vrabel was about his record of catching 12 TD passes.

you could tell Vrabel was getting frustrated about them wanting to talk about his playing career and not his current job as Titans HC.