what position group does JRob attack first this offseason

AussieTitanFan08

a bit of a discussion away from the coaching search, as I don't think we are going to get much news about new possible candidates until the AFC/NFC Championship games are out of the way.

in his first two seasons as GM, JRob clearly telegraphed what areas he was going to attack, year 1 it was OL/RB, year 2 it was WR/DB.

wondering what everyone thinks will be his main focus this offseason.

for me despite the obvious concerns about the interior OL and change of pace RB, JRob is going to concentrate on reworking the defensive front 7, especially ILB and OLB.

without question one of the huge weaknesses of this team is covering TE/RB's, there is also concerns about the age profile of the group Woodyard/Orakpo/Morgan are not getting any younger, there is also the issue about what you do with Williamson.

sitting at pick 25 in this draft class also presents its own challenges, the only 2 first round worthy ILB's, Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are highly unlikely to fall out of the top 20, as for the OLB group there is a tonne of question marks about any guy still on the board at 25.

my way too early prediction for the draft in April, JRob packages up some assets and moves up for a difference making LB.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Front 7, especially Edge. Morgan/Orakpo lack that explosive first step. An elite pass rusher would be nice.

Jrob looks like a doggy style kind of man....so, I predict that he'll totally switch things up and focus on reverse cowgirl this offseason.

The whole FA class at large is trash basically. A few decent guards. 

Man, hard question with everything up in the air. 

Were we to switch to a 4-3, linebacker becomes an immediate need. DL depth too. 

Then if we switch to a zone blocking scheme, interior OL is even more of a need. 

RB is likely a need, even moreso with a scheme change. 

Backup QB is a huge need regardless, esp with Weedon’s contract expiring. 

Great non-coaching question to discuss right now. 

If I had to pick something, it's the middle. Middle of the OL. Middle of the D. 

But, I think we're past the point of going full-blown "rebuild a unit" like we've done the last few years. We can focus less on full-unit builds and more on individual, unique needs.

1 minute ago, siamesedinasour said:

Great non-coaching question to discuss right now. 

If I had to pick something, it's the middle. Middle of the OL. Middle of the D. 

But, I think we're past the point of going full-blown "rebuild a unit" like we've done the last few years. We can focus less on full-unit builds and more on individual, unique needs.

It's just so hard to tell without knowing who the new HC is. The new HC might look at certain personnel and think he can get more out of that group than what we saw.

Gotta be the LB positions, all of them. We have a lot of needs though. SS, pass-receiving back, C, at least one OG, and a true nickel CB or even better, a true outside CB so that Adoree or Logan can kick down to the slot permanently.