Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Those who want me gone and have the balls to do something about it....

18 minutes ago, titanruss said:

not sure anybody really gives a fuck. 

but your premise is wrong. 

colts will have luck back, we play a tougher division, jags will be better, houston will have its QB back. 

we have 2 easy games. 2... as of now. giants/jets. thats it. its a murderous schedule as of now. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 3.46.56 PM.png

You have no clue what's going on with Luck.

You have no clue Watson will pick up where he left off.

Jags say they want to keep Bortles and their D cant really get any better. Calais could fall off, so could Church. Never know...

For all we know NE does break up and it aint the same team. Hell, they are already losing their OC and DC. For all we know they win the SB and Brady goes out on top. No Brady,  no Jimmy G, how much easier would that game look then?

All Im saying is we were 9-7 amd could have been 11-5. We did that with a coach a lot seem to think was garbage. If they dont think we can improve by 2 wins, to me it shows they dont have confidence in the players or JR to find the right coach.

This move is suppose to make us better, more of a title contender, not have us running in place. A lot agree with it and was ready to stop following (believe it or not) of it didn't happen. I mean that's serious shit, no? 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

16 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You have no clue what's going on with Luck.

You have no clue Watson will pick up where he left off.

Jags say they want to keep Bortles and their D cant really get any better. Calais could fall off, so could Church. Never know...

For all we know NE does break up and it aint the same team. Hell, they are already losing their OC and DC. For all we know they win the SB and Brady goes out on top. No Brady,  no Jimmy G, how much easier would that game look then?

All Im saying is we were 9-7 amd could have been 11-5. We did that with a coach a lot seem to think was garbage. If they dont think we can improve by 2 wins, to me it shows they dont have confidence in the players or JR to find the right coach.

This move is suppose to make us better, more of a title contender, not have us running in place. A lot agree with it and was ready to stop following (believe it or not) of it didn't happen. I mean that's serious shit, no? 

yep... you dont have a clue if that zit on your butthole is a botfly, a pinworm that got a little lost, or herpes. but it looks a fuckton worse than it did yesterday. 

the schedule is obviously much harder. do a simple SOS count and comparison to beginning/end of this past year, and the beginning of next year. 

you'll get why everyone is laughing at your expectations and "gutsy" bet that we dont win 2 more games next year than we did this year. 

we should have been 10-6 or better in 2016... but we werent and we got worse product the next year. its all that needed to be seen. 

again... its not about the record this year... or even next really... its about the next 15 years of mariotas career and getting him on the right path to be one of the greats. because thats what will take us far. mularkey was obviously the wrong guy there. you gotta cut bait and take the (small) risk for larger future gains. 

Edited by titanruss

15 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Serious thoughts.. 

I seriously think MM was doing his absolute best to turn Mariota into a NFL QB. Maybe you dsiagree or maybe you do agree and just think MM wasn't doing a good job.

But when I hear ppl get excited because JR says "we need someone who can maximize our players potential", I think of one player. Marcus.

And when I think "maximize Mariotas potential", I think, use his legs more.

So I fear that is what JR is thinking and what he wants from the next HC, and that Mariota actually does get ruined like ppl thought MM would, and he becomes the next RG3.

Buy a fucking clue. 

You think Marcus was the only inconsistent player on this team in the last two years? 

The O-Line ran hot&cold all year this season.  Mularkey told you that NUMEROUS times,... "We didn't block well."  Duh!

Second year receivers regularly ran the wrong routes, dropped passes, and got called for obvious pick plays.  That's coaching.  All of it.  And Mularkey spelled it out every time.  You took his excuses for blaming the players.  Reality says it was his position coaching.

Henry was soft one game and a beast the next.  We NEVER knew which Murray we were gonna get from one week to the next. 

Was that just the way Marcus handed off? 

LOL

You might think of only one player, but the rest of us heard it loud and clear.  Mularkey told us all season long how these players weren't being coached up to their potential.  You obviously chose to ignore that.  What sounded like Mularkey blaming players, was actually him blaming his staff, admitting his fuckups.  But you and a few others here never seemed to grasp that part.  Oh he blamed the players alright, but who is responsible for teaching them their routes?  And their blocking assignments?  Who COULD HAVE set up the Juggs machine and assigned times to use it?

Who DIDN'T do those things?

Care to discuss the playcalls?  Route combinations? Number of routes? Bunched formations?  Converging routes? 

Calling the same run play(s) 8 or 9 times, waiting for it to "pop" because Robiskie saw a hole once or twice?  He admitted it.  Weren't you listening?

Want to discuss an archaic scheme that no player coming out of college in the last 10 years has ever played in?  That any decent coach would understand was going to need more time, and more extensive training to execute?

Or was that JRob's fault because he didn't make his draft picks from colleges that ran the old "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offenses?

I don't need to make a bet with you.  Slapping down your bullshit assertions is like shooting fish in a barrel.  Go take your idiotic assumptions elsewhere.

Dinx81   
1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Our non divisional 2017 opponents had a total of 75 wins.

Dont forget the Pats and the Eagles could add a total of 5 more games to that list.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

For everyone crying about a tougher schedule...

http://m.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-2018-Opponents-Now-Set/6aed7349-164a-4c62-a96e-a98596869be9

So going by 2017 opponent records....

Our non divisional 2018 opponents have a total of 83 wins. Only 8 more wins and those numbers are skewed because CLE is absolute trash.

So for the people who are actually crying about it being tougher.... @52O @8MM

so the 2017 non divisional opponenets were worse than average... and the 2018 opponents are better than average

and really man... even if cleveland was as good as the colts/texans our schedule would still be below .500. 

and the colts and texans are likely getting their QBs back.

you're proving everyone elses point for them

Tomachek   

Actual thought MM was a good coach in his time here. He changed the culture and got this team back to winning football games.

However, TR greatly held this team back. We were only going to regress with him calling plays.  Situational football and game plans were garbage. MM pretty much said when Mariota got hurt vs the Patriots that they had a very limited playbook because they lost all the RPO plays.

Justafan   

How about we bet if Marcus looks better in a new offense?  Has more TD's than INTs.  

This is just silly, immature posturing, trying to set up a bet you are pretty sure you can win just so you can say I told you so later.  

7/32 teams won 11 games or more this season.  Those are pretty tall odds even for a good team.  The Titans could take a step back next year record-wise and this still is the right long-term move.  

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why, EVERYONE acknowledged we most likely beat MIA with Mariota able to play. So everyone believes we should have at least won 10.

Now that ppl think MM held us back, and we will now be better. You have to get to 11 to be better, no?

I find it funny that everyone thinks we will ve better but are so reluctant to bet on something they feel so strongly about. Now everyone needs ifs ands or buts to make a bet.

Because if the same thing happens next season and we won 10 games, you wouldn't give "credit" for that win to take your sabbatical.

52O   
6 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

For everyone crying about a tougher schedule...

http://m.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-2018-Opponents-Now-Set/6aed7349-164a-4c62-a96e-a98596869be9

So going by 2017 opponent records....

Our non divisional 2018 opponents have a total of 83 wins. Only 8 more wins and those numbers are skewed because CLE is absolute trash.

So for the people who are actually crying about it being tougher.... @52O @8MM

Non divisional

are we playing savage and brisset and bortles? That’s six games that’ll be a lot harder lol

youre so dense. Our sos was second easiest this year. If you’re fair you’d say if we have the same sos then that’s the only fair bet 

3 minutes ago, 52O said:

Non divisional

are we playing savage and brisset and bortles? That’s six games that’ll be a lot harder lol

youre so dense. Our sos was second easiest this year. If you’re fair you’d say if we have the same sos then that’s the only fair bet 

Easiest

52O   
11 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Easiest

Wasn’t Jax the the easiest? I thought I saw they were the easiest...and mostly cuz they played us and we played them lol

Edited by 52O