JRob presser coming later today

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

You think if Mularkey went out and put on a show Saturday night and then was humble on Saturday about needing to go over everything with a fine comb that this would be the situation today? If his response to staff changes was ‘we’ll have to sit down and go over that with every coach. We had a lot of flaws this year that need to be fixed, and I am going to do everything in my power to fix them’ that this would be the end game? Hell, theybasked him after that about played progression and he responded with ‘it we see something wrong we’ll get a new player’lol. Acting like Sat night and the presser didn’t effect this whole thing is about as stupid as saying Mularkey should still be our coach. 

No, acting as if a presser got him fired is what's stupid. 

They leaked he was getting fired weeks ago, he got fired. End of story 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JRob entering the presser today...  

Jrob is coming out of this with more power. We are finally going to get what we have been asking for. A GM who runs Football ops with the HC reporting to him. 

Robinson came off as an alpha male Ape standing over a fallen foe peeing on his corpse   This is not an insult 

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You're a total idiot if you believe this

And you just can't get past your idolatry for this staff and their bullshit scheme.

At no point was Mularkey's extension going to come without conditions.  Some of those conditions undoubtedly concerned the staff and how they influenced the product on the field.

Much like Mularkey, you've convinced yourself the scheme was fine and the players prevented it from working.

When the rest of the football world firmly believes the scheme was preventing the players, including Marcus, from reaching their potential.

This stems, in a large part, from your inability to understand what you're seeing on the field.

You're a total idiot if you don't believe this.  It's been apparent to everyone but you.

And now we know "everyone" includes even the owner(s) and the GM of the Titans.

You lose.

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

There is no way in hell based on what all Robinson just said and how he said there was any chance Mularkey was coming back 

Robinson never wanted him back. Strunk probably felt like he deserved another year after the playoff win and was on the fence, but the FO finally wore her down. 

That’s what was reported this morning.

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

They leaked he was getting fired weeks ago, he got fired. End of story 

Right. So if we beat NE, what then? What if we took them to the wire and lost by a last second FG? What if that happened and Mularkey owned the regression and said he can fix it? You still think we fire him? 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Also acting as if it didn't matter one iota is also stupid.

I have very little doubt that if Mularkey had simply said what everyone wanted to hear and actually "sold" the sincerity to them then he would still be with us.

The coffin was already built but that presser yesterday was easily the final nail that made it ready to be put underground.

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I have very little doubt that if Mularkey had simply said what everyone wanted to hear and actually "sold" the sincerity to them then he would still be with us.

lol!!!!!

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Right. So if we beat NE, what then? 

Hey there is some point where if he keeps winning it becomes a real problem 

I don't think Robinson thought they'd win against the Jags or KC

17 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

And you're clearly full of shit.

He said the decision to fire Mularkey was made this morning.

And later said that what MM said in his presser yesterday was a part of that.  And confirmed what MM said about retaining his staff was part of it.

Oilerman is right.  In Jrob's mind, the decision to fire Mularkey was made before the season end.  But, maybe the press conference Mularkey did was what convinced AAS that JRob was right.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

lol!!!!!

JRob made it VERY clear that AAS is the one in charge.

As I said, I have very little doubt that if he actually sold himself to her that he was 100% on board with them than she possibly could have gone to bat for MM.

4 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

Said the staff is under contract and he would be contacting them all this afternoon.  

More heads will roll later today.  Robiskie being one.

The common move is to tell them all they can take interviews 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Right. So if we beat NE, what then? What if we took them to the wire and lost by a last second FG? What if that happened and Mularkey owned the regression and said he can fix it? You still think we fire him? 

That was no doubt part of it.

If Mularkey had said yesterday they had made some mistakes in the coaching room, and knew things had to be tweaked going forward, he probably would have kept his job without firing anyone.  A shuffle would have been sufficient.

But that's not at all what was said.  Mularkey reiterated his stance that the staff was right, and good at waht they do, and he was prepared to keep shuffling players to achieve his goals.

No give/all take.

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

JRob made it VERY clear that AAS is the one in charge.

As I said, I have very little doubt that if he actually sold himself to her that he was 100% on board with them than she possibly could have gone to bat for MM.

Her words after the KC win was basically were not firing him today, we're firing him as soon as we lose.