Jonboy

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Told you guys it wasn’t over. 

I guarantee he refused to change coordinators and they kicked him out the door. The presser yesterday was him digging his feet in the sand

I feel like a kid at christmas, fuck yeah.

Posted Images

I thought that Mularkey sounded like a guy out the door at yesterday's press conference. His face showed no joy. His answers were evasive. 

The injury issue with Marcus is real, as it was with Romo. When healthy, he is a difference maker. When not, well, who is?  

As always this will be both about HC and staff. If we are fortunate enough to land McDaniels, he will have a very difficult time bringing anyone from NE with Patricia heading to Lion and Bellichek likely to promote his preferred assistants to OC positions.

Be funny if McDaniels is hired and HE keeps Robiskie and LeBeau as his coordinators.  Where is that damn bucket of popcorn when you need it?

Just now, code said:

I thought that Mularkey sounded like a guy out the door at yesterday's press conference. His face showed no joy. His answers were evasive. 

The injury issue with Marcus is real, as it was with Romo. When healthy, he is a difference maker. When not, well, who is?  

As always this will be both about HC and staff. If we are fortunate enough to land McDaniels, he will have a very difficult time bringing anyone from NE with Patricia heading to Lion and Bellichek likely to promote his preferred assistants to OC positions.

Be funny if McDaniels is hired and HE keeps Robiskie and LeBeau as his coordinators.  Where is that damn bucket of popcorn when you need it?

Haha, no he will want to run an actual NFL offense.

Just now, Jonboy said:

So when can we interview McDaniels? Can he interview after the AFC Championship since there's a week off before the SB?

Of course he can interview if the Jags pull off the unthinkable. 

either after the Patriots season is done, or the period between the AFC Championship game and SB

30 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I have mixed emotions about McDaniels. Can't get the stench of his DEN tenure off my mind. But I also see the upside of what he could possibly do for Mariota. It is a dice roll. He's not a guaranteed home run.

He was 33 years old and handed complete keys.  People generally learn from mistakes.  I am actually more interested in what happened with the Rams.  It couldn't have been too bad as they wanted to interview him for the head coaching job. 

I think he's intriguing.  From what I've read, he's a great X's and O's guy but needed to work on his management skills.  He's now had over 5 years to work and learn from his previous experience.   We'll see.  He does seem the most likely at this point for several reasons. 

50 minutes ago, nine said:

Because there's also a very real risk that they could be hiring the next Ken Whisenhunt.

I think Robinson making the pick will avoid that, and to be honest in hindsight at least Whisenhunt was strapped with a pretty terrible roster. Mularkey benefited from Robinson's talent infusion but I think Whisenhunt could have too.

The way Mularkey ran the offense this year was a fucking joke and any offensive mind from this decade could do more with the groceries JRob is bringing home.

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic