PFT speculating Mularkey could be fired during today's playoff games

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, Rolltide said:

Perhaps he regressed because he played like shit sometimes. This isn't Madden where guys automatically get 3 points better every year. It's obvious our line was not as good so that is part of it. 

What offense was created last week? Tell me which one? The run n shoot was created in the 60s and that is called the spread now.  Is that hip and new? The west coast offense was created in the 80s. Air Coryell was created in the 70s. Erhardt-Perkins is the system we use that is the same system the Pats and Steelers use. 

Rolltide joining the JakePA's of the world....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But what about his family?

Marcus said he was embarrassed Mularkey said I like where we are. One is the right answer and the othe is firable . 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

I give Mularkey credit for taking this team from rockbottom and making us a much more competitive team. And he is a great guy.

But to get this team and Marcus to that next level, he's not what we need and JR likely knows that.

This is what it boils down to.  Can JRob convince AAS of this or are we wasting the Mariota years?

One has to wonder if and when Robinson makes an ultimatum. 

At this point Mularkey has more clout than Robinson. 

Accept the situation for what it is and draft for a Mularkey team or keep building for a post Mularkey future? 

As much as I loved the Davis pick, in addition to being hurt, he was basically useless in this offense sans last night. I do wonder how much more beneficial a defensive player there would have been. 

3 minutes ago, Stranger said:

One has to wonder if and when Robinson makes an ultimatum. 

At this point Mularkey has more clout than Robinson. 

Accept the situation for what it is and draft for a Mularkey team or keep building for a post Mularkey future? 

As much as I loved the Davis pick, in addition to being hurt, he was basically useless in this offense sans last night. I do wonder how much more beneficial a defensive player there would have been. 

If we didn't have Davis last night, we might have scored 0 points. A defensive player might have helped a little, but we'd still probably would have gotten killed.

Edited by socaltitan

RT has subscribed to the idea that nothing is ever the coaches fault. 

You could plug a 1st year HS coach in there and it would still be the players fault for not executing. The coaches get none of the blame and all of the glory. 

Just now, japan said:

A bridge coach

To me, it's pretty much exactly the same situation like DET. The DET GM was also hired last season and came from NE like JR. Caldwell wasn't his guy much like Mularkey isn't JR guy. But they both had to wait to try to get their guy. 

I don't know what will happen, but it would be the best of all worlds if Mularkey gets replaces after the team proves that it can win a playoff game if it coaches itself (KC game). This gives the team confidence, allows ownership to place the Patriots game on the coaches, not the players, and then gets us moving forward. 

We have some VERY talented young players (hopefully Conklin and Jonnu are OK by training camp!). Our window is opening. If we are going to change coaches, the time is right now. Get the new coach in, develop the young players into a deadly unit.