Amy Adams Strunk: “Mike Mularkey is our head coach and will be our head coach moving forward.”

Jonboy

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were ready to fire him, that’s clear. But I imagine there will be staff changes, and we’ll see whether Mularkey stands for that. Its possible Mularkey leaves late putting the team in a bad positi

Excellent move by AAS to step up and put an immediate end to the rumors and  speculation so the team can focus 100% on the task at hand with no distractions.     A strong statement from owne

For goodness' sake, this is just getting ridiculous now. The AFC Championship is on the line next week. I think that's plenty at stake.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Bullshit. Thats emotion talking. Hes screwed Mariota.

I don't get emotional with these things...  Although I don't post alot, I've been consistent with my thoughts on the primary issues with this team?

Mularky has screwed Mariota alright, screwed him all the way to a playoff win...lol.  you know what would really screw him?  3 head coaches and 3 offensive coordinators in his first 4 years.... 

4 minutes ago, terradawg said:

only since my birth in houston in 1975. i’ve never heard of any coach reporting to the owner and not the GM

The Titans org has always had a traditional structure where the HC and GM both report to the owner and not a hierarchical relationship. 

This move not surprising after a playoff win. On paper, he deserves another shot. Not many teams would fire a coach who made the playoffs and won a game. But when you look at how we got here, the close wins over bad teams, regression of offense, all the key injuries to the divisional teams, the failure to abandon a broken system, and not building on the progress that he made in the '16 season. Glad we are still in the playoffs, but statistically we put a worse product offensively on the field than what should have been. And that is on the coaching.

8 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

This was a vague statement from AAS, IMO.  Didn’t mention an extension.  

Wishful thinking. Her coach made it known he deserved assurances and she gave it to him. The moving forward line is key. Jrob lost this round.

1 minute ago, VaTitan said:

I don't get emotional with these things...  Although I don't post alot, I've been consistent with my thoughts on the primary issues with this team?

Mularky has screwed Mariota alright, screwed him all the way to a playoff win...lol.  you know what would really screw him?  3 head coaches and 3 offensive coordinators in his first 4 years.... 

Binary thinking.

Just now, oldschool said:

Wishful thinking. Her coach made it known he deserved assurances and she gave it to him. The moving forward line is key. Jrob lost this round.

It’s not wishful thinking.  It was vague and can be taken a number of ways long term.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Binary thinking.

Lmao....not even sure what that means but it's pretty well known that stability is Paramount for the development of a young QB. 

Listen, I know we've been so used to failure and looking for someone to blame for our lack of success around here, but just take a step back. 

- 2 winning seasons

- first playoff birth since 2008

- first playoff win since 2003 (or whenever it was)

Were far from perfect, and the last thing we should be making is an overhaul...

Edited by VaTitan