ben4titans

THE BIG UGLY - DO NOT MERGE (Merged: Mod)

reo   
19 minutes ago, Face said:

I think it's a fair question. The OP isn't asking why Trump isn't investigating Hillary, he's specifically asking why those so outraged at Trump possibly being assisted by a foreign nation aren't just as angry at his opponent for doing the same. The responses so far are underwhelming. Because she didn't win? Ukraine isn't as strong a nation as Russia? Seriously? 

I think his point is pretty obvious. If Hillary had won & information came out about her colluding with the Ukraine, no matter how viable that info may be, the reaction on this board would be the complete opposite of what it has been to Trump & Russia.

I'm sorry did Ukraine hack our election and institute a massive propaganda campaign against us? Are they our adversaries on just a out every issue? Did Hillary continually shower some Ukrainian dictator with praise? Did her daughter say the Clintons bypassed US banks for Ukrainian banks for business funding while her mother said they don't have any business with Ukraine. Does Hillary have multiple high level ukranian connected people as high level people in her campaign?

Let's not pretend bc someone found some DNC person that talked to Ukraine that it's anywhere near similar to Trump/Russia. 

This is just a blatant attempt to normalize Trump's behavior.

If Hillary did something wrong then sure, go after her. She lost. I don't give a shit but to imply they're similar is asinine. 

Edited by reo

Justafan   

Not to mention the separation in the people doing it on one side vs the other. A consultant who colluded with an individual and passed that info to the DNC vs the campaign trying to have open support of a hostile regime and using that support to hack, hinder, and slow your opponent as well as manipulate the public in an unprecedented way.

its not even close and if you can't see the difference it's because you choose to.

begooode   
31 minutes ago, Face said:

I think his point is pretty obvious. If Hillary had won & information came out about her colluding with the Ukraine, no matter how viable that info may be, the reaction on this board would be the complete opposite of what it has been to Trump & Russia.

I'd like to tell you I would be as vigilent in ripping Hillary if the tables were turned -- and trust me, I dislike her as much as any recent candidate.  However, after sitting on the sidelines hoping things would move forward, I'll cop to my bias towards a Trump presidency & following that looks to be an absolute mess and destructive to the America I know and care about. Acknowledging this, I still try to be relatively objective with my assessments -- with the litmus test being 1) actions / effects and 2) accountability -- not distraction tactics & spin.

patsplat   
47 minutes ago, Face said:

I think it's a fair question. The OP isn't asking why Trump isn't investigating Hillary, he's specifically asking why those so outraged at Trump possibly being assisted by a foreign nation aren't just as angry at his opponent for doing the same. The responses so far are underwhelming. Because she didn't win? Ukraine isn't as strong a nation as Russia? Seriously? 

It's a false equivalence.  Asking a Ukranian for info about a Ukranian is nowhere near the sketchiness of asking a Russian to hack an American.

Trump invited what many would perceive as an act of espionage or war.  Hillary is accused of talking to a foreigner.  It's not the same thing at all, especially not when the quid pro quo includes not only pro Russia policies but also payoffs to Trump.

OILERMAN   

It's not even close to the same. Trump and his admin are involved in this from the very top with Putin and top Russian officials. There is collusion, obstruction and money laundering all over the place. 

President Trump is wiling the Chinese people. He is the first American president to ever receive a public welcome in front of the Chinese people and they love him.

The president did not have to get off the back of the plane like Obama. 

Xi and Trump are hitting it off well and having some productive talks.

12 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Has Trump named China as a currency manipulator yet? 

They are. And he's said it. 

But in that regard... so what? Let governments manipulate currency. Its easy to do. Money isnt real... so keep its perceived value at a level that benefits the most people. Every government does it to some extent. 

Not manipulating currency pretty much always eventually leads to an uber elite class and poor common citizens and eventual political uprisings. 

Rogue   
7 minutes ago, titanruss said:

They are. And he's said it. 

But in that regard... so what? Let governments manipulate currency. Its easy to do. Money isnt real... so keep its perceived value at a level that benefits the most people. Every government does it too some extent. 

Not manipulating currency pretty much always eventually leads to an uber elite class and poor common citizens and eventual political uprisings. 

I have no knowledge that Trump has labeled the Chinese as currency manipulators, in any official capacity.  It's really just bringing up all the reason's dipshits like Tux supported him, and what he was going to do...which he hasn't.  

Of course, the Tux's will claim Trump's threats has brought the makers of Trump products to the table, and I doubt any table deals will be geared towards helping the social class of those that voted for him.