Total speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that JRob wants McDaniels & AAS wants to stay put

Face

And just for the record.  The Pats are always stealing stuff from the college game.  The 2007 season when the Pats went 18-1, they where running concepts from Urbans O(Spread, majority shotgun which was crazy at that time).  Beli sent Josh to UF to learn Urbans spread(04 I think it was).  It took a few years to get the pieces, but the pats 07 year was based off the Gators system..  

Edited by JDot

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says who? Because they barely made the playoffs and went 18-14 with an all time easy schedule the past 2 years? The Titans have under performed under Mularkey and the franchise QB looks like a shell o

Ive noticed that every report, and granted there hasn't been many, about Mularkey being fired mentioned to look for McDaniels here. And some of them were from pretty reputable guys.   First,

the way Mike Keith was talking in yesterdays Titans Radio playoff special there is certainly going to be a "live" review of Mularkey's position when the season ends.   also suggested JRob is

If McDaniels wants the job this much just friggin hire the guy.  In addition to being an upgrade to the offense, it would show the NFL that the Titans are serious.  McDaniels is getting interviewed by everyone and seems to be the most in-demand coach in the league and he wants this job.  Just fire Mularkey and give it to him!

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

If McDaniels wants the job this much just friggin hire the guy.  In addition to being an upgrade to the offense, it would show the NFL that the Titans are serious.  McDaniels is getting interviewed by everyone and seems to be the most in-demand coach in the league and he wants this job.  Just fire Mularkey and give it to him!

Naw man, we need to play it safe and stick with the geriatric squad. Everyone knows the QB makes the system. 

37 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The Titans should hire McD.  And if McD was hired, he should keep Lebeau.  Lebeau for 2 years with the D being pretty venternish, well Josh takes care of the O would really be a good mix.  

Then after a couple years while the O matures and the D needs to add new blood you bring in a young DC, hopefully that was brought in with josh to learn from Lebeau, or something like that.. 

I am rambling.  I don't no if Josh would be a good HC, but I do no Marcus would ball if Josh was his OC.  

Mike mularkey is a shitty coach.  It is what it is.  

43 minutes ago, JDot said:

The Titans should hire McD.  And if McD was hired, he should keep Lebeau.  Lebeau for 2 years with the D being pretty venternish, well Josh takes care of the O would really be a good mix.  

Then after a couple years while the O matures and the D needs to add new blood you bring in a young DC, hopefully that was brought in with josh to learn from Lebeau, or something like that.. 

I am rambling.  I don't no if Josh would be a good HC, but I do no Marcus would ball if Josh was his OC.  

Mike mularkey is a shitty coach.  It is what it is.  

They have enough talent that a coach that can get the most out of Mariota should be enough to overcome any deficiencies that McDaniels may have as a head coach.  That's why I'm so high on McDaniels.  

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

They have enough talent that a coach that can get the most out of Mariota should be enough to overcome any deficiencies that McDaniels may have as a head coach.  That's why I'm so high on McDaniels.  

Agreed.  

This is a bit of a ramble and a very small sample size.  But looking at the hires of Mike Zimmer(Vikings), Sean Mcvay(Rams) and Doug Peterson(Eagles), one thing jumps out to me.  They all hired accomplished Coordinators opposite of the coordinator job they came from when they got jobs.

Zimmer (DC)- Norv Turner(OC)

Mcvay(OC) - Wade Phillips(DC)

Peterson(OC) - Jim jim schwartz(DC)

Shit, Mularkey OC Lebeau DC.

I am a Marcus homer, but after 3 years following him with the Titans, I am starting to become a titans fan.  I really think Josh would be a great head coach for the Titans.  But I would not trust him without a steady hand on the other side of the ball.  And that's probably not fair but whatever..

Not sure that makes sense, but I have been drinking a bit, so I am rambling..

3 hours ago, Face said:

At this point hire the guy. He clearly loves Marcus & can probably tell from watching him that he's a great QB going thru a rough year because of many factors. My God the guy that everybody wants, wants to be here. Jesus.

And we’re stuck with the guy no one wants likely not even the GM

only in titanland

56 minutes ago, JDot said:

Agreed.  

This is a bit of a ramble and a very small sample size.  But looking at the hires of Mike Zimmer(Vikings), Sean Mcvay(Rams) and Doug Peterson(Eagles), one thing jumps out to me.  They all hired accomplished Coordinators opposite of the coordinator job they came from when they got jobs.

Zimmer (DC)- Norv Turner(OC)

Mcvay(OC) - Wade Phillips(DC)

Peterson(OC) - Jim jim schwartz(DC)

Shit, Mularkey OC Lebeau DC.

I am a Marcus homer, but after 3 years following him with the Titans, I am starting to become a titans fan.  I really think Josh would be a great head coach for the Titans.  But I would not trust him without a steady hand on the other side of the ball.  And that's probably not fair but whatever..

Not sure that makes sense, but I have been drinking a bit, so I am rambling..

We don’t want any bandwagoners 

From a fans perspective I can certainly see both sides of the argument to keep or get rid of Mularkey. There may be better options out there for HC, but if you fail again at finding the right guy, you get closer and closer to being the Cleveland Browns. 

AAS absolutely has to trust the football people she has hired to make these major football decisions-that’s wtf she hired them for.  If she doesn’t follow 99.9% of what her football people tell her about football decisions and makes a HC decision against what they say, we’re all fucked anyway. 

26 minutes ago, smokeater said:

If she doesn’t follow 99.9% of what her football people tell her about football decisions and makes a HC decision against what they say, we’re all fucked anyway. 

Could this be the situation we currently have?