Total speculation on my part, but I get the feeling that JRob wants McDaniels & AAS wants to stay put

Face

Just now, oldschool said:

Says who? Because they barely made the playoffs and went 18-14 with an all time easy schedule the past 2 years? The Titans have under performed under Mularkey and the franchise QB looks like a shell of himself. If she were a true leader she would hold Mularkey accountable.  

Knew I should have given a little more context in terms of hypothetical. In her eyes, Mularkey took team to 2 winning seasons and playoff. In these situations, most people want to be proven that they made a good decision. She may feel that she did and feel not so quickly to discard her first hire.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says who? Because they barely made the playoffs and went 18-14 with an all time easy schedule the past 2 years? The Titans have under performed under Mularkey and the franchise QB looks like a shell o

Ive noticed that every report, and granted there hasn't been many, about Mularkey being fired mentioned to look for McDaniels here. And some of them were from pretty reputable guys.   First,

the way Mike Keith was talking in yesterdays Titans Radio playoff special there is certainly going to be a "live" review of Mularkey's position when the season ends.   also suggested JRob is

It's no secret that McDaniels is a very good OC. The thing about him is that the skill set that it takes to be a coordinator and and the skill set required to be a head coach is very different. It's where McDaniels struggled in Denver. Has he learned from  that experience? Probably,  but we don't know that for sure. People do change but they don't completely reinvent themselves. McDaniels alienated players and his QB in particular. I can't help but wonder how Mularkey and Mariota would do with a big upgrade at OC. If we had a good OC that was successful in developing an offense around Mariota, I am guessing Malarkey would not be squirming on the hotseat.    

16 hours ago, Face said:

I still think there's a chance JRob gets his way if we shit all over the place on Saturday, convincing Amy the playoff appearance was a lucky mirage based on numerous factors.

What kind of relationship do you think JRob has with Amy?  Would he not be in close enough communication with her to explain how the NFL actually works?  Couldn't he explain to her what you(Face)  think is the solution to this situation?  Can't he take film, show her what is going on and explain why what we are doing isn't working?  I think he can and this is part of the difficulty.

Could another coach win more games for certain with these same players?  Can he tell her Murray and Henry would be a lot better under a different coach?  We have to have a running game.  If we had spread it out with Matthews, Decker and Taylor would we have gotten to 8-4?  Wouldn't the conversation then slide toward talent issues?  JRob can do convincing, but Mularkey can point to some deficiencies in personnel.

Edited by Number9

42 minutes ago, earlers said:

I went oh god when I read this BUT if you look at tape and you’re not really getting out manned, just some miscommunication. Shouldn’t you try to run it? 

Only if you can show where and how you start consistently winning the hat-on-hat battles at the line.  This interior is getting their sh!t pushed in more often than not.

So instead of opening up our formations that in turn force the defense to unload the box, we're gonna stay with the bunches and keep getting blown off the ball.

Right now things turn into a clogged up mess when we don't cleanly open holes.

And lately we haven't been opening any of them, when it really mattered.

1 hour ago, earlers said:

I went oh god when I read this BUT if you look at tape and you’re not really getting out manned, just some miscommunication. Shouldn’t you try to run it? 

Do you know how many times we ran into a 9 man front with the SS completely unblocked?  Did you see how many times we asked a WR to block on the line?   Perhaps he can pass that off to the average fan or blame Henry, but the play calling is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

@Face the OP is spot on and nearly identical to my view on the subject. I think the win last week put a huge wrench in Jrob's plans. He has to be careful not to alienate himself with AAS as we all know she has a soft spot for Mularkey. Its the only explanation for giving him the job after going 2-7.

You & I both said the same thing the other day as well....if the organization feels that the staff is the main reason behind Mariota's regression &  they're seriously concerned about his future development, Sunday should not factor into the decision in the least. 

Edited by Face

29 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

not that it means a whole lot given all the misdirection and rumors at this time of year, but Rapoport is still running with his Mularkey is in trouble line, he was just on the NFLN and said Tennessee could still be the final job opening of this coaching years carousel.

Rapoport definitely has a good source in our organization. You weren't around in 2014 but he nailed everything from the start with  Munchak. He was the one who said right off the bat that he'd stay if he fired Loggains & some others. 

Its pretty clear that the organization is really troubled with the development of Marcus. I firmly believe a lot of problems came to the surface in Arizona. Anybody who didn't think the organization took note of Mariota's presser was fooling themselves. Different people have different ways of saying things, and it was pretty clear to me that he was screaming for change. It was bad.

26 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Did you see how many times we asked a WR to block on the line?   Perhaps he can pass that off to the average fan or blame Henry, but the play calling is ridiculous.

This was a failed playcall WEEKS AGO as well (think was BAL or CIN).  The playcalling never changes or gets creative.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

Rapoport definitely has a good source in our organization. You weren't around in 2014 but he nailed everything from the start with  Munchak. He was the one who said right off the bat that he'd stay if he fired Loggains & some others. 

Its pretty clear that the organization is really troubled with the development of Marcus. I firmly believe a lot of problems came to the surface in Arizona. Anybody who didn't think the organization took note of Mariota's presser was fooling themselves. Different people have different ways of saying things, and it was pretty clear to me that he was screaming for change. It was bad.

the question might end up being whether AAS/JRob believe simply changing the OC is a big enough shake up to kick start the offense.

it has been debated endlessly here by people on both sides of the fence, does firing Robiskie really make that much of a difference.