End of 2017 Titans Mock

kyle021

Well. 

It’s nearing the end of the year and it’s time to drop a last second mock

I predict Mularkey is back win or lose, but Robiskie will not. We will hire a young OC JR knows and trusts and it will be his offense. 

Williamson, Klug, Murray, Decker, Supernaw, McCain, Searcy, and Weems will all be gone. 

FA is about getting another CB, DL help, OL help, RB and WR

i still think and for good reasons Jarvis Landry will be a Titan. Just gut feeling. 

I also believe Trumaine Johnson or Kyle Fuller will be a Titan

first order of business after the staff changes and releases is to retain our own. 

Exercise the 5th year option on MM and extend Lewan. Rework Orakpo and Morgans contracts as they are headin into their final years. 

FA needs to be a set plan of fitting the chemistry, personality, direction and philosophy of team. 

Jarvis Landry is perfect slot option for us and is a good blocker. 

Landry - 5 years 40 million with 22 guaranteed 

Bernard - RB - 3 year 12 million

Johnson - CB - 5 years 60 million with 35 guaranteed 

Hoyer - QB - 3 year 12 million 

we we can find a solid backup QB like Hoyer for a reasonable deal. 

The next wave of free agents will be guys to compete and fill out back end of roster. An OG will be nice. Someone to battle Kline and Spain. 

Draft

1) Roquan Smith - ILB

2) Dorance Armstrong - OLB

3) J’aire Alexander - NB 

4) Mike Weber - RB 

5) Darren Carrington - WR

We can fill our OL and DL out with good players in FA and by retaining Jones and keeping King... Johnson is playing awesome and putting good heat from the DE spot. We can always add another DE or NT in FA and be fine. 

Beefing up up the front 7 with Smith next to Woodyard would be huge and Armstrong behind Orakpo, Morgan, Walden and just convert Dodd to DE and have Wallace replace him. Sounds good right?

throw in Johnson opposite Adoree and Ryan in the nickle and have Sims as the primary outside backup and Alexander as the backup NB and those corners are looking right. 

Offensively I think MM will be fine if he has an off-season to workout and get comfortable with his teammates. Throw in a new system that helps him and promotes his skills... we could be working with something. 

A 4 WR set of Davis, Matthews, Landry, Taylor sounds amazing. Walker, Smith, Stocker at TE are fine. 

Switch to RB and the question is this... is Henry a 3 down back? I think he can be, but he needs to get more physical and block. Either way... get a quality backup in the draft and sign a guy like Bernard to play 3rd down and we are cooking. 

Bernard and MM in the same backfield is a good pairing in the shotgun, screen game and as a check down. 

Beat teams down with Henry

we will see. 

Thats what I’d do. 

1) New OC

2) Retain our core players

3) sign a 3rd down back, a true route running and yac guy and blocker at WR, and a backup QB and competition at OG

4) Sign a lockdown CB on the outside and sub package DL help

5) Draft to make defense this teams strength, starting with the front 7

6) Draft more defense and get pass rushers and cover guys

7) Kill me now

I think we definitely go after a FA at guard. Preferably the one in Carolina. Klein is a FA, and the Carolina guard is a J Rob kind of guy. I would say we probably draft a guard in the middle rounds as well.

I really like the Bernard pick up. Either him or Lewis from th patriots would be the perfect change up to Henry.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

Robinson will not be hiring a new offensive coordinator. Mularkey wouldn't hire one that Robinson wants him to either. Mularkey will hire who he wants to hire, as he has sole discretion over coaching hires. 

Who would Mularkey hire? Think he’s gonna hire someone with potential to replace him halfway in the season or after?

Robiskie is gone. 

Mularkey may run it himself in year three. 

Lee/Robinson are both great targets but Landry is far better imo

They're definitely not spending money on the secondary or WR. Ryan is good, probably even very good. Adoree could be a shut down corner next year, he has great physical traits & ball skills. He's already a good corner right now. So they're your 2 starters, they're not spending $60 mil on a corner. And they're not giving a slow slot WR $40 mil. Davis & Decker both have looked way better recently, Matthews is back, they're getting Tajae back whose put on some good muscle, and they have Taylor. If Decker plays well this week they probably resign him for $2-$3 mil.

In FA I think they'll maybe be aggressive trying to sign a guard. Assuming Mularkey is back I can see them going after Norwell. If he isn't back & we bring in a heavy passing coach they may resign Kline, whose very good in pass pro.

The DL is interesting. I can maybe see a significant investment there but Austin Johnson has looked good, as has Klug since DQ Jones went down. Even Sly Williams has really come on. I think they stay with what they have here, resigning  either DQ or Klug.

The other spots they could make a splash are at ILB to pair with WW if they don't think Brown is a 3 down guy. I can also see Cyprien possibly moving there. But there's some nice draft prospects here.

I think it's time to make a move at the edge. It really is. Orakpo & Morgan are solid but it's become obvious they just aren't consistently causing enough problems. Melvin Ingram & DeMarcus Lawrence are monsters,  if they hit the market we really should go after them hard. We probably will & then will bow out when the money becomes real serious, like we always do.

28 minutes ago, Face said:

They're definitely not spending money on the secondary or WR. Ryan is good, probably even very good. Adoree could be a shut down corner next year, he has great physical traits & ball skills. He's already a good corner right now. So they're your 2 starters, they're not spending $60 mil on a corner. And they're not giving a slow slot WR $40 mil. Davis & Decker both have looked way better recently, Matthews is back, they're getting Tajae back whose put on some good muscle, and they have Taylor. If Decker plays well this week they probably resign him for $2-$3 mil.

In FA I think they'll maybe be aggressive trying to sign a guard. Assuming Mularkey is back I can see them going after Norwell. If he isn't back & we bring in a heavy passing coach they may resign Kline, whose very good in pass pro.

The DL is interesting. I can maybe see a significant investment there but Austin Johnson has looked good, as has Klug since DQ Jones went down. Even Sly Williams has really come on. I think they stay with what they have here, resigning  either DQ or Klug.

The other spots they could make a splash are at ILB to pair with WW if they don't think Brown is a 3 down guy. I can also see Cyprien possibly moving there. But there's some nice draft prospects here.

I think it's time to make a move at the edge. It really is. Orakpo & Morgan are solid but it's become obvious they just aren't consistently causing enough problems. Melvin Ingram & DeMarcus Lawrence are monsters,  if they hit the market we really should go after them hard. We probably will & then will bow out when the money becomes real serious, like we always do.

Forgot about Sharpe, but Landry is a total stud. 

Its about guarantees not total dollar

they could opt to opt to sign a mid tier CB and I would be happy. 

Orakpo/Morgan are just fine. What we desperately need is a dominant interior DL but I think another offseason and Johnson can become Caseyish

Armstrong would be a stud here behind Orakpo and Walden shall be retained. Wallace was a good OLB/ILB and really coming on when he got hurt. Staff loves him. 

We we need a pass rusher in some form. Either draft or FA and either way... it’s gling to cost something. A top pick or dollar. 

Roquan Smith is a total stud and figure star. Next to Woodyard and behind Casey he will be a big link which has been missing. 

Cyp is fine at SS but if they go SS I want Harrison from Bama

37 minutes ago, Face said:

a young Edge rusher is an absolute priority, need a guy with speed/bend.

posted in the draft thread about a small school guy Marcus Davenport who is starting to get some buzz, he is long/athletic/explosive, exactly the type of guy we need.