2 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

It wasn't just personnel power. A lot of ex-Broncos have said they hated playing for him and couldn't relate to him

he was 33 at that time, I'm sure he learned his lesson. Everyone deserves a second chance.

It felt like I was playing for an equipment manager or something, he was like a little punk,” Berger said of McDaniels, who is now the offensive coordinator in New England again.  “He came in there and said that he wanted to hear a lot from me, he wanted to know what I thought about situations.  He wanted to take advantage of my veteran leadership . . . .  He said all that.  But as soon as I had a game that wasn’t up to his standards, he wouldn’t talk to you or look at you.”

Berger also said that he “threw players under the bus in meetings,” specifically mentioning receiver Brandon Marshall.

“I never played for a guy in my life who guys wanted to play for less,” Berger said.  “He was just a guy you didn’t care about.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/06/mitch-berger-unloads-on-josh-mcdaniels/

We have an exciting young team, we need a young energetic coach, we have experimented quite a few times with old school coaches and we all know the results. The goal here is superbowl not playoffs, we need coach who is to able to manage the game better, be smart, be able to make adjustment during games, design new routes week in and week out and not run same shit. Also Mariota needs take up some responsibility, show his on field maturity, be smart and not just look at the sideline. He shouldve changed that 4th down call along with other calls during the season, he is a 3rd year qb for crying out loud not first year.

That 4th down call was just pathetic, shows that coach is not up to the mark ...not fast to react and doesn't think on his feet.

Edited by vires90

McDaniels is that boom or bust draft pick. If it works out, it could be really great. But if it doesn't, it'll be a huge bust and both him and JR could be out the door in a few years

Edited by socaltitan

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

I say it all the time

But more specifically he's better when he has a pre-snap read where he knows where he's going with the ball. He's accurate and throws on time. 

Romo mentioned the other night that Mariota sees it but doesn't always throw it or hesitates.