1 hour ago, BeedoeLaw said:

Very interested to see how McDaniels O performs against that vaunted jags D. Could be a preview of years to come!

I still contend that D is overrated. They played same weak ass schedule as Titans. They gave up 42 to a team that should have put up 50+

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lombardi says that the Titans have missed out on McDaniels by winning in KC. 

Haha. We'll see.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Lombardi says that the Titans have missed out on McDaniels.

How so?  No one has announced anything and they can't come to terms until after the Patriots are done.  Even if the Colts and he had some agreement in place it isn't binding so If he really wants to come here I don't see what is stopping him.  

Just now, Jonboy said:

Haha. We'll see.

Hopefully not, people would be pissed. 

I’m sure he’s just trying to piss in the Titans cheerios. 

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

How so?  No one has announced anything and they can't come to terms until after the Patriots are done.  Even if the Colts and he had some agreement in place it isn't binding so If he really wants to come here I don't see what is stopping him.  

50 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

His whole tenure in DEN was Whiz 2.0. Guy was a total egomaniac my way or the highway guy. Just like Whiz. And we're banking that he's "changed" since then?

If we hire McDaniels, I'll support it. But I'm not of the notion that he's going to be our savior just cuz I want anyone but Mularkey. He could flop again

And gotta love the hypocrisy if JR just targets McDaniels and doesn't bring in anyone else and it's another sham of a hiring search. We should be looking at multiple candidates.

You nailed all of the main points with this post.

I even read someone post that JRob will hire someone whom he had a past connection. WTF...so everyone else is out?

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Per Lombardi, so take it FWIW. 

There's definitely a chance it's too late. While he may not have had a binding agreement with Indy, it's not a good look to back out of a handshake agreement. Also, I'm sure he's discussed this with potential staff members, now he'd have to call them & explain a possible venue change. Though In sure most coaches would actually prefer Nashville, it is a bit sticky.

If McDaniel were to fail anywhere else he would have a hard time ever finding a HC job again.  If we get him then we have a coach who can get that offense right in the prime of MM's career.  Not worried about him picking up an offense he is smart.  I am also sure whatever McDaniels runs the receivers will know where to lineup and what route to run unlike mularkeys BS.

Lombardi doesn't know jack sh*t

In regards to Josh Mcdaniels first tenure as HC, we need to understand he was making personnel decision as well,(trading marshall, cutler etcc) he had all that power that I think got to his head. He wont have that here with JRob, plus he is much more mature coach now.