Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Episode 152 - Loss to 49ers Puts Titans Season In Jeopardy

The once 8-4 Titans are now the 8-6 Titans. With only 2 games to go and stiff competition ahead, the Titans season appears to be in jeopardy. Jonboy and Scotty are back to talk about what went wrong against the 49ers, including how the Titans botched the final three minutes. If they collapse to 8-8, will coaching changes soon follow?

http://traffic.libsyn.com/twotonecrew/Episode152.mp3

http://twotonecrew.libsyn.com/rss

Stitcher: 

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-two-tone-crew

Voicemail:

(615) 900-0282

Mailbag:
[email protected]

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/titansreport

Twitter:
Titans Report- @titansreport

Jonboy- @RetroRaconteur

Jamal - @Jamalisms

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-two-tone-crew/id485247545?mt=2

IMO the Titans are more likely to finish 8-8.  The performance over the past three weeks has been dismal. Mariotta's mechanics and the failure to produce in the run game are glaring problems that are probably more related than most would think.  The OL that some had rated near the top earlier this year has proven to be a mirage as well.  All in all I will use my usual "Same old Titans" label to sum it all up. 

My God this team pisses me off. The more I think about it and the more I listen to these the more disgusted I get. And when will it ever change? We've seen major changes at HC, GM, ownership, and roster overhaul and still can't shake this stigma. It's like we just are what we are forever now. 

3 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

My God this team pisses me off. The more I think about it and the more I listen to these the more disgusted I get. And when will it ever change? We've seen major changes at HC, GM, ownership, and roster overhaul and still can't shake this stigma. It's like we just are what we are forever now. 

No, we really haven't. Since Jeff Fisher was fired we've had a career oline coach promoted directly to HC, a used-to-be HC who happened to be coaching a team QB'd by a resurgent SB-caliber QB in Kurt Warner, and a two-time loser who backed his way into the job simply because he was the most experienced coach on a team who'd just fired the guy who hired him in the first place. And Jeff Fisher pretty much got the job pretty much the same way Mularkey did... which kinda serves to further demonstrate why Oman likes him so much.

The team wasn't even in Tennessee the last time it conducted a proper head coaching search. So I don't know when you can say the organization actually got serious about trying to make a "major change" at HC. Whisenhunt might be considered a "major change", but seeing as how the guy who hired him is a stark raving buffoon who cares more about how long the line is at the buffet table than what makes for a quality head coach I'm disinclined to count him legitimately toward the efforts to "shake this stigma".

But if it makes you feel better... at least we're not the Browns or Bengals. Or the Matt Millen era Lions. Talk about dark days...

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

No, we really haven't. Since Jeff Fisher was fired we've had a career oline coach promoted directly to HC, a used-to-be HC who happened to be coaching a team QB'd by a resurgent SB-caliber QB in Kurt Warner, and a two-time loser who backed his way into the job simply because he was the most experienced coach on a team who'd just fired the guy who hired him in the first place. And Jeff Fisher pretty much got the job pretty much the same way Mularkey did... which kinda serves to further demonstrate why Oman likes him so much.

The team wasn't even in Tennessee the last time it conducted a proper head coaching search. So I don't know when you can say the organization actually got serious about trying to make a "major change" at HC. Whisenhunt might be considered a "major change", but seeing as how the guy who hired him is a stark raving buffoon who cares more about how long the line is at the buffet table than what makes for a quality head coach I'm disinclined to count him legitimately toward the efforts to "shake this stigma".

But if it makes you feel better... at least we're not the Browns or Bengals. Or the Matt Millen era Lions. Talk about dark days...

Eh, I see what you're saying, but when you have 4 different head coaches in a span of 7 years that's pretty major regardless of where they come from or their qualifications. 

If anything, the way we've gone about it and the guys we've hired just further proves the point of us being bottom feeding trash in my own mind. 

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

a possible CB rotation this week of Jackson/McCain/Smith/Reed is an absolute nightmare going up against the Rams.

The way the Titan CBs are deployed it really doesn't matter? How can they do much worse?

58 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

They had JG miked up.  Basically he said the safeties were to wide to cover the middle, said run good routes and they can’t recover.  This D scheme is trash.

I saw that video earlier today and meant to post it.

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The way the Titan CBs are deployed it really doesn't matter? How can they do much worse?

It’s getting to be textbook at this point. When we play a bad QB the defense shines. When we play an above average QB the defense gets dusted. At the least when it’s a middling QB we see the bend factor set in. We would be dangerous in the playoffs if LeBeau knew how to teach zone. He doesn’t though, for some reason, as every time we call anything other than a zone blitz someone is running wide open.