Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Bleacher Report grades the 2017 NBA draft class.

12 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Both Chris Paul and Mbah a Moute have missed 17 games and the Rockets had the exact same record (10-7) in the games they missed.

They went 4-3 without Harden, but only 1-4 when they were without Capela. So you could say that Capela is their most indispensable player.

Because like LA with Brook, Capela is really your only big. Its not hard to figure out why....

Which is why yall wont last in the playoffs.

He's your only rim protector and really the only big with an offensive post game. 

Which is why I give yall very little chance to rep the West in the Finals. 

I gaurentee you, yall will have your hands full with OKC if you matchup with them. Or even MINN.

RW will get all up in CPs ass. George might not be able to stop Harden, but he will be a hell of a lot better than Oladipo/Roberson or whoever they used last year. Adams could check Capela. And Melo, who loves to not play any D would be matched up on Anderson who you really dont have to play D against. They will matchup well with yall.

Yall better hope you end up with MEM or DEN in round 2 and GSW gets OKC in round 2.

If it stays the way it is now, the top teams will catch a big break because OKC and MINN would end up bumping each other out in the first. 

But without Leonard now for some time, I could see MINN passing SA and SA/OKC fighting it out for home court in the first round.

Either way, the playoffs in the West this year should be thrilling. Far more than last year.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:38 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Byron Scott "I have no confidence in him hitting a shot"

Tmac "start the break!" 

Lmao

So they have Simmons who cant shoot outside the paint and Fultz who they traded up for who doesn't know how he wants to shoot the ball. 

This is hilarious.

@rns90. You wanted make fun of all 4 of LAs lottery picks and them still not being a playoff team, how about the team that has like 10 lotto picks and still have a losing record and currently arent a playoff team. And their past two #1 overall picks cant shoot. :4_joy:

@Oiler FANatic, good part in there about Boston too.

@Little Earl, good thing Embiid is as good as advertised, when healthy, huh?

Yes, great that Embiid is soooo good.   Already name starter for all star team.   First player from the 2014 draft class.     Chance that Simmons makes it as a reserve, at least ESPN picked him to make it.      

Have no idea what's up with Fultz.   I read one thought that maybe the doctor when injecting cortisone, accidently hit a nerve.   But who knows, stupid management couldn't be any less transparent.

7 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Yes, great that Embiid is soooo good.   Already name starter for all star team.   First player from the 2014 draft class.     Chance that Simmons makes it as a reserve, at least ESPN picked him to make it.      

Have no idea what's up with Fultz.   I read one thought that maybe the doctor when injecting cortisone, accidently hit a nerve.   But who knows, stupid management couldn't be any less transparent.

Management has been bad. And its sad. Really is. Almost bordering Browns bad.

But Im not buying a cortisone shot is whats delaying his return. He should have been back a while ago. That's just excuse making to buy more time, hoping his shot gets fixed. 

If he doesn't play shortly after the All Star break, he wont play this year.

And Im curious to this point in the season, how are you feeling about Ben. Still good even though his shot is non existent? Not to mention all of his numbers have dropped since the first 20 games.

I guess teams backing off and daring him to shoot is starting to catch up already?

Edited by JakePA_Titan

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Management has been bad. And its sad. Really is. Almost bordering Browns bad.

But Im not buying a cortisone shot is whats delaying his return. He should have been back a while ago. That's just excuse making to buy more time, hoping his shot gets fixed. 

If he doesn't play shortly after the All Star break, he wont play this year.

And Im curious to this point in the season, how are you feeling about Ben. Still good even though his shot is non existent? Not to mention all of his numbers have dropped since the first 20 games.

I guess teams backing off and daring him to shoot is starting to catch up already?

Simmons will need to develop a jump shot to remain as a guard.  Otherwize he will probably need to move to PF, where he will still be a good player.   A jump shot at PG makes him great.  

12 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Simmons will need to develop a jump shot to remain as a guard.  Otherwize he will probably need to move to PF, where he will still be a good player.   A jump shot at PG makes him great.  

I agree. But as I said before, if he doesn't,  hes at his ceiling as a PG.

But you feel he could be great with a jump shot but Ball can't be great?

On 1/19/2018 at 2:44 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Because like LA with Brook, Capela is really your only big. Its not hard to figure out why....

Whatever. Man your lack of NBA knowledge never ceases to amaze me. Nene would still start for some teams and Tarik Black, their #3 center, was the Lakers #2 guy last year and started 16 games for LA. Yet the only time he plays in Houston is when Nene or Capela is hurt (or resting in Nene's case). Comparing Brook to Capela just shows what a total homer you are. Capela is by far the best young up and coming center in the NBA right now.

2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Nene would still start for some teams 

Haha what teams. You think he only plays 15 mins because Capela and Ryan Anderson are that great? Yea, he could start, but he aint playing starter minutes ans going to be effective for most of em. Please.

Tarik Black, their #3 center, was the Lakers #2 guy last year and started 16 games for LA.

Yea, he backed up shitty Mozgov. Tells you a lot. Also, when Mozgov was out Black also backed up Zubac, a true rookie on occasion. 

Yes, you have Nene and Black, but what Im saying is if Capela gets hurt or fouls out of a game here or there, Nene or Black will get owned by teams with good post play and you will get virtually no offensive help from them. 

You just argued how indispensable Capela was by showing your record without him, now youre getting defensive and trying to say your backups are good enough to fill in. LMAO!!!

Whatever. Man your lack of NBA knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

Right back at your dumbass.

My lack of NBA knowledge huh? You mean like Boston pretty a pretty deep team? Thats looking terribly wrong right now, huh?

How about when I said CLElooks bad and their D was bad. You and @rns90 wanted to cry "CLE doesnt care in December". Well, do they still not give a fuck here in January? It sounds like they are worried. And like coach and star player arent on the same page. 43 points in the first quarter to OKC and 142 for the game. In CLE. LMAO!!!

How about OKC being a lock to make the playoffs?

Yea, my knowledge is looking pretty sorry right now.

Yet the only time he plays in Houston is when Nene or Capela is hurt (or resting in Nene's case). Comparing Brook to Capela just shows what a total homer you are. Capela is by far the best young up and coming center in the NBA right now.

Because he's not that good. Lol. Duh.

OH. MY. GOD. Did you really think I compared their play??? Are you really that fucking retarded? I compared their depth at C to LAs. And you even commented on that.....wow

And you try and spin it to that? I hope that was some dumbass calculated move to take a shot at Brook or LA because you have to be one dumb ass muther fucker to get that from what I said. Just wow.

Speaking of homer. Capela gets 80% of his points in transition or from Harden or Paul driving and dishing. The best young C in the NBA. Another moronic and biased fueled statement.

Capela is 23

Guys that are better and I considered NBA young.

Towns, 22

Gobert, 25

Embiid, 23

Porzingis is considered a C as well as a PF, 22

Anthony Davis is considered a C as well as a PF, 24

Andre Drummond, 24

But BY FAR the best up and coming C, huh?

Talk about a homer. Oh my.

You know, if Capela was as good as KAT, Drummond, Embiid, and those others, you might actually have a legit shot at beating GSW in the WCC. But right now, he is below most if not all of them in the rankings. Sorry.

I wonder if @Little Earl and @wiscotitansfan and @rns90 would bash you for that statement. Because if I said that about Ball who is only 20 and has less talent at the position as far as "young" talent, being 25 or younger, I would get fucking blasted.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

@JakePA_Titan    Most of the centers you listed are already there.   Oiler Fanatic said Capela was the best up and coming center.   I read that as he believes Capela, while not there yet, is on the way.    I would be surprised if he believes Capela has the upside of some of them, like Embiid or Davis.

13 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I agree. But as I said before, if he doesn't,  hes at his ceiling as a PG.

But you feel he could be great with a jump shot but Ball can't be great?

Of course Ball could be a very good player with a great jump shot.   Simmons just has a higher ceiling because of his size and athleticism.

Quite frankly, I think depending on who they can sign as free agents, they may consider trading Ball.    Like it or not, the media and NBA has given Lamar an undeserved voice.    You get two key free agents, then Ball should get less playing time due to his current shooting shortcomings.   When that happens, Lamar will be all over management of the Lakers.   

26 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

@JakePA_Titan    Most of the centers you listed are already there.   Oiler Fanatic said Capela was the best up and coming center.   I read that as he believes Capela, while not there yet, is on the way.    I would be surprised if he believes Capela has the upside of some of them, like Embiid or Davis.

I would have to disagree. Capela is in his 4th year.

KAT and Porzingis are only in their 3rd year. Embiid, despite his age, to a lot of ppl see him in his 2nd year. Even though he's been in the NBA for what, 4 years now?

Point being, Capela has had as much if not more time to establish himself. He is just now doing so.

Even though KAT and Embiid and others are obviously better, I still believe them to be in the discussion as "young up and coming Cs" purely based on age. How could you not?

I mean, Giannis and Devin Booker are only 23 and 21. Just because we know how good thwy are, does that mean they arent considered as great, young, up and coming players in the NBA?

27 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Of course Ball could be a very good player with a great jump shot.   Simmons just has a higher ceiling because of his size and athleticism.

And thats all I've been saying all along. 

These guys are pretty much the same player to the T minus the size difference. And right now, that's the obly reason Bens ppg and efficiency shooting is better. Much easier for him to finish at the rim. And when those are bascially the only shots you take, your FG% is going to be good.

You have to admit Ball has improved a lot woth his offensive efficiency. 

30 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Quite frankly, I think depending on who they can sign as free agents, they may consider trading Ball.    Like it or not, the media and NBA has given Lamar an undeserved voice.    You get two key free agents, then Ball should get less playing time due to his current shooting shortcomings.   When that happens, Lamar will be all over management of the Lakers.   

I honestly dont see them trading Ball. All the negative reports about La being unhappy with Lonzo not standing up to his dad I believe are BS to stir the pot.

The only negative thing he has done is call out Luke. 

But the cameras and microphone will be in Lavars face wherever Lonzo is playing. That wont change until the media and ppl in general get tired of it themselves.

We get two FAs Ball will not lose time. They wont be signing a PG. And guys like Clarkson and KCP could potentially be gone.

If we are able to sign big FAs, its going to ve a SF, PF, and or a C. Two of those 3.

If that does happen, Ball would play just as much so he could get acclimated with the guys that are going to be there going forward.

According to basketball reference, Ball is averaging a triple double per 100 posessions. No one is trading that.

I mean, we lnow Ben cant shoot. If Lebrin goes to philly, you really think yall would trade Ben or that would cut into his PT? No way.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

And thats all I've been saying all along. 

These guys are pretty much the same player to the T minus the size difference. And right now, that's the obly reason Bens ppg and efficiency shooting is better. Much easier for him to finish at the rim. And when those are bascially the only shots you take, your FG% is going to be good.

Simmons just became the first rookie to ever get 5 triple doubles.    If he develops that jump shot, and Embiid stays healthy, the Sixers will win multiple championships.   Right now the team is young and commits way too many turnovers.  Their bench also sucks.  I would love to have Clarkson on the bench.

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

Simmons just became the first rookie to ever get 5 triple doubles.    If he develops that jump shot, and Embiid stays healthy, the Sixers will win multiple championships.   Right now the team is young and commits way too many turnovers.  Their bench also sucks.  I would love to have Clarkson on the bench.

The Championships thing is tricky because its not like yall are the only young team. BOS and MIL are also young and will contend for the coming years.

And if NY can find pieces to go around KP, they could be tough. 

No reason not to be optimistic about the team but I dont think it's that definitive because the league is starting to get deeper compared to the last few years.

Clarkson isn't going anywhere unless he demnads a trade or a team requires him in a trade for a premier player. 

52 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

No reason not to be optimistic about the team but I dont think it's that definitive because the league is starting to get deeper compared to the last few years.

This is it. Obviously there are going to be the teams that becomes superpowers via FA which has always been the case but now more than ever it seems there are starting to be more teams that are developing their guys into what looks like formidable squads.

That being said, the landscape could drastically change in the next few years where though deeper teams lose their guys to the perennial studs like GS and just continue their dominance.