Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Bleacher Report grades the 2017 NBA draft class.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, Little Earl said:

Lakers one game out from worst record in NBA.  I thought they would be better than this.  Of course i thought Sixers would be better than 500.  Celtics get Lakers pick if it falls between 2 and 5.  I hope the Sixers end up with it since this is supposed to be a good draft.  

Imagine if Embiid, Simmons, and Covington were out an extended period of time. How many games you winning in that time frame?

LA just had the toughest two or three weeks of their schedule. They'll pick it back up.

Unless Lavar is right and the players have quit on Walton. Idk why they would though...

On 1/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

It would be smart for Green to come off the bench. For more reasons than one.

But he has played much better than Luc so far in his small amount of appearances.

Yet you keep trying to act like the absence of Luc is somehow killing yall. Ridiculous.

Both Green and Mbah a Moute come off the bench, neither of them are starters. Although Luc was forced to start a few games with all the injuries the Rockets have had to deal with this season. You keep acting like Green should replace him, but they will both be valuable backups that will complement each other in the second unit. Green is there for his offensive skills and Mbah a Moute will help get the defense back to where it needs to be once he returns. You say Green has played better, but that's simply because he scores a lot more.

You always accuse me of ignoring player's defensive skills and only looking at what they can do on offense. You're doing the exact same thing when it comes to Mbah a Moute. He's never been a big scoring guy, but his defense is what makes him such a valuable player.

Like I said before, the Rockets went 20-4 with Luc in the lineup and they have gone just 7-7 without him.

So the Rockets win more than 83% of their games with Mbah a Moute, and only 50% when he doesn't play. So yes, his absence is killing us. Ridiculous?

12 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Both Green and Mbah a Moute come off the bench, neither of them are starters. Although Luc was forced to start a few games with all the injuries the Rockets have had to deal with this season. You keep acting like Green should replace him, but they will both be valuable backups that will complement each other in the second unit. Green is there for his offensive skills and Mbah a Moute will help get the defense back to where it needs to be once he returns. You say Green has played better, but that's simply because he scores a lot more.

I guess it depends on what you need and who plays better with who. In Greens 7 appearances, he's averaging 10 more points, the same amount of assists and boards, and .5 less steals per game.

If you need scoring,  Green is the first off the bench. Of you need a better defender, Luc is the first off the bench.

But imo, Green has made a bigger impact than Luc. 

You always accuse me of ignoring player's defensive skills and only looking at what they can do on offense. You're doing the exact same thing when it comes to Mbah a Moute. He's never been a big scoring guy, but his defense is what makes him such a valuable player.

No. Just two players and its mostly because of your bias towards both. You think (or thought) Lonzos D was awful because you listened to other haters who don't watch him. You focus on his shooting thus far and ignore everything else, because he's shown to be good at everything else. 

Yet you highlight Simmons overall game and downplay his inability to shoot. Odd, no?

And you ignore Hardens defense. We know why that is...

Like I said before, the Rockets went 20-4 with Luc in the lineup and they have gone just 7-7 without him.

So the Rockets win more than 83% of their games with Mbah a Moute, and only 50% when he doesn't play. So yes, his absence is killing us. Ridiculous?

This is so ridiculous to me. You act like Luc was the only guy missing time when he was hurt. 

I know Capela (who is basically your only C like Brook is LAs) missed time along with Luc. Im pretty sure CP missed a game or two while Luc was out. And now Harden is out and I believe Luc still isnt back.

To try and say that 7-7 record without him is all about him when yall are a top 3 team is beyond mentally disturbed thinking.

As far as the 20-4 record with him, you cant convince me that the record world be very damn similar if that team was the same outside of replacing Luc with Green.

Again, Luc is a good role player. He is a damn good defender and thats where it ends. He makes you better. But he isn't a top player as it relates to making or breaking your team. Which is what you are obviously trying to argue.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

If you need scoring,  Green is the first off the bench. Of you need a better defender, Luc is the first off the bench.

But imo, Green has made a bigger impact than Luc. Again, Luc is a good role player. He is a damn good defender and thats where it ends. He makes you better. But he isn't a top player as it relates to making or breaking your team. Which is what you are obviously trying to argue.

I think they will eventually start Mbah a Moute at PF instead of Anderson, who has been terrible this season.

That way they will have 4 really good defenders (CP3, Ariza, Luc, and Capela) surrounding Harden maximizing his efficiency.

They would still have a very effective bench with 3 good scorers: Gordon, Green, and Anderson. Plus 2 good defenders: Tucker and Nene.

Here's further proof of how important Luc Mbah a Moute is to the Rockets defense.

In the 24 games he has played in this season they have allowed just 102.8 PPG which would be the 9th lowest in the NBA this season.

In the 16 games he has missed this season they have allowed 113.8 PPG (11 more per game) which would be the worst in the NBA this season.

All 16 opponents they played against without Mbah a Moute scored at least 98 points against the Rockets.

Of the 24 opponents they faced with him in the lineup, only 14 of them (58.3%) reached that mark. Is he essential to Houston's defense? I think so.

Rumor has it Markelles shot is broke and will be redshirted for the year.

Another Philly rookie season down the drain.

At least they'll get to have back to back ROTY who won it in their second seasons.

Byron Scott "I have no confidence in him hitting a shot"

Tmac "start the break!" 

Lmao

So they have Simmons who cant shoot outside the paint and Fultz who they traded up for who doesn't know how he wants to shoot the ball. 

This is hilarious.

@rns90. You wanted make fun of all 4 of LAs lottery picks and them still not being a playoff team, how about the team that has like 10 lotto picks and still have a losing record and currently arent a playoff team. And their past two #1 overall picks cant shoot. :4_joy:

@Oiler FANatic, good part in there about Boston too.

@Little Earl, good thing Embiid is as good as advertised, when healthy, huh?

Meanwhile, Lonzo, who once sat under 30% shooting from the field and 25% from 3 has improved to 30% from 3 and up to .356% from the field.

In the same time frame, Simmons has dropped about 2 points per game. And still can't shoot from outside of the paint.

Here ya go @Oiler FANatic, since you are all about what an individual means to a team...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751497-if-you-thought-the-lakers-would-be-better-without-lonzo-ball-think-again

Look at that article and those numbers....

And btw, we are currently 0-7 without Ball.

And with a win tonight, HOU will have won 3 in a row without Luc or Harden....

On 1/11/2018 at 3:43 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Now go do the research and tell me how many games Luc missed with at least one other starter missing that game as well....

What would that prove? When their big 3 are all playing the Rockets are 16-0. They don't need Anderson or Ariza nearly as much.

And with Ariza (one of their top defenders) out they still beat Minnesota handily even though they were an NBA-best 23-6 against the West.

Even with a season-low 10 points by Harden, who had scored 20 or more in every game he played this season before tonight, plus with both Ariza and Green, their 4th and 6th highest scorers out of the lineup, they still got plenty of scoring from Gordon, CP3, Capela, Mbah a Moute and Nene to beat the Wolves by almost 20 points. Once they get Ariza and Green back on Monday this team will be extremely difficult to beat.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Both Chris Paul and Mbah a Moute have missed 17 games and the Rockets had the exact same record (10-7) in the games they missed.

They went 4-3 without Harden, but only 1-4 when they were without Capela. So you could say that Capela is their most indispensable player.

15 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

What would that prove?

Ahh. I see you dont want to. What would it prove? Idk, you seem to keep reiterating Luc is the defenive glue that holds your team together. You keep bringing up their record when he doesn't play.

You keep saying "oh their record is this when he doesnt play" and you act like he wqa the only one missing. Like CP also being out doesn't play a factor.

So I tell you to find out how many games they played while just missing him and not CP, Capela, or Harden either. 

So you immediately go into protection mode and say When their big 3 are all playing the Rockets are 16-0. They don't need Anderson or Ariza nearly as much

So now its not about Luc huh? 2 weeks ago it was all about Luc. 

And LA is 0-8 without Ball. 15-21 with him.

But I bet you still think he is a bum, right? Even though you try to use a team record to show how important a role player is....

I continue to find it funny that a supposed title contender seems to be so reliant on a role player when they have what they feel is the MVP of the league and a PG they refer to as the point God. Hilarious. Luc Mbah a Moute for MVP!!!