Eagles Fear Carson Wentz Tore His ACL

Jonboy

45 minutes ago, Supernope said:

Doc saying 9-12 months for full recovery. 

I remember way back when Wentz's runs were championed every time Mariota's designed runs were questioned.  Actually now that I think about it that was every single week but this one. 

people dont get it. its all a numbers game. running causes more risk. you avoid risk with your franchise. you allow him to run when theres a huge opening during a pass play. that is the only time they should run unless the season is on the line. its not difficult. people just get excited when they see an athlete back there. 

at this rate.. the way mariota has destroyed his ankles knees and hammys the last 3 years... he's going to be nothing but a statue back there in another couple years. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's nothing my girl walks around the house all the time with camel toe like nothings going on at all.  I just stare in amazement

Takes a big man to change opnions...   .... and also a big man to not get injured running from the QB position. Cam is the only guy ive ever seen be able to do it with designed runs and even

I think it's a toss up between Minn, NO, and CAR right now.

16 hours ago, titanruss said:

people dont get it. its all a numbers game. running causes more risk. you avoid risk with your franchise. you allow him to run when theres a huge opening during a pass play. that is the only time they should run unless the season is on the line. its not difficult. people just get excited when they see an athlete back there. 

at this rate.. the way mariota has destroyed his ankles knees and hammys the last 3 years... he's going to be nothing but a statue back there in another couple years. 

I was on the other side of this argument. You guys were right.

On 12/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

was a brutal hit that caused the injury, below tweet shows his knee buckling while walking off the field.

I bet you anything he tore it here. I’m starting to look at the videos of the hit where it supposedly happened he looked fine didn’t even winch in pain. Looks like a freak injury. 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

I bet you anything he tore it here. I’m starting to look at the videos of the hit where it supposedly happened he looked fine didn’t even winch in pain. Looks like a freak injury. 

thats really got nothing to do with it. ligament tears dont always hurt. when you get popped and have a stinger so bad you cant feel half your body, a little pain or smaller stinger doesnt seem that big of a deal.. but when you step wrong and theres nothing holding that leg in place... you give out and get damn scared. 

A guy on the team in HS tore ACL/PCL/MCL and cartilage... said he just felt a pop.. felt weird and painful but not overly. Freaked out when he couldnt stand and basically the only thing holding the two parts of his leg together were skin. 

Edited by titanruss

10 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I was on the other side of this argument. You guys were right.

Takes a big man to change opnions...

.... and also a big man to not get injured running from the QB position. Cam is the only guy ive ever seen be able to do it with designed runs and even his injuries have made him miss games and are starting to pile up. 

I listened to one of the Eagle beat writers yesterday talk about how Doug Peterson had been drilling it in Wentz's head to protect himself and not put himself at risk, ever. Said the only time he should do something reckless is if it's the game winning play in the SB. The Eagles chances of winning the SB went way down after Wentz was hurt. Reminds me of a few years ago when Dalton tried to tackle someone had broke his hand erasing any hope the Bengals had, they were very good that year. 

Mariota has done a pretty good job protecting himself this season, the pulled hammy was not preventable imo.... But his attempted slide Sunday was absolutely terrible. He didn't get down and was caught in an awkward position that he was lucky he didn't tear his ACL. 

Brady does such a good job protecting himself, he was flopping on the ground against the Fins and actively works on avoiding injuries. I read he actually practices landing on his non throwing shoulder on falls or hits.

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I listened to one of the Eagle beat writers yesterday talk about how Doug Peterson had been drilling it in Wentz's head to protect himself and not put himself at risk, ever. Said the only time he should do something reckless is if it's the game winning play in the SB. The Eagles chances of winning the SB went way down after Wentz was hurt. Reminds me of a few years ago when Dalton tried to tackle someone had broke his hand erasing any hope the Bengals had, they were very good that year. 

Mariota has done a pretty good job protecting himself this season, the pulled hammy was not preventable imo.... But his attempted slide Sunday was absolutely terrible. He didn't get down and was caught in an awkward position that he was lucky he didn't tear his ACL. 

Brady does such a good job protecting himself, he was flopping on the ground against the Fins and actively works on avoiding injuries. I read he actually practices landing on his non throwing shoulder on falls or hits.

Brees also.  Brees definitely learned his lesson.

Edited by japan

23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

mularkey: dont put yourself in position to get injured!

Mularkey also: here... go run this play where you get blindsided by a LB.