They were winning in spite of Mariota

OILERMAN

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, Mariota has done some horrible things this year. I'm certainly not going to excuse some of the throws he's made. But I'm sorry, I refuse to believe this staff isn't at least partially responsibl

I think Mularkey was the wrong choice to develop Mariota.

Here's what I've noticed:   1. When Mariota is throwing to Delanie, he's incredibly accurate, looks confident, and takes bold chances. Even on the final drive, he looked like a different QB

Posted Images

Just now, Aramis said:

I think the leg injury is playing a role and it's messed with him mentally. Not ready to throw the towel in on a third year quarterback, but next year is different story. 

Personally don't think this offense is a right fit for him. 

No doubt he was a different guy after the run.  But, we can't talk about that.  He sucks! Don't pay attention to last year...

OMan, I usually agree with you, but the entire offense has sucked harder than Brian Singer and it isn't all Marcus's fault.

He has been neutered by an offensive game plan that is archaic.

An offensive game plan that is neither Exotic or Smashmouth.  There is no identity, but the staff keeps trying to force it.  It simply doesn't fit the talent of the skill players on this team. 

Arrogance got Fisher fired.  I am not calling for Mularkey to get fired, but he needs a good talking to as it isn't 1990 any longer.

Robiskie on the other hand.  wtf.

It is a facade and it has taken too long to be realized.

I really want to believe, but this has been a load of bs.

Making excuses. Tom Brady broke his leg came back tore the NFL apart. Mariota just doesn’t have any balls or fire. He’s a quiet leader but he doesn’t do or say anything. He shows no emotion. 

1 minute ago, japan said:

No doubt he was a different guy after the run.  But, we can't talk about that.  He sucks! Don't pay attention to last year...

If I'm going to judge a player or call for his head, I have to take his entire body of work into consideration. He's had a bad year, but he's shown enough that I think he can bounce back next year.

10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

One other thing.  And this is kind of concerning to me as a fan.  Someone brought it up to me a couple of weeks ago and I kind of dismissed it as his personality.  But does Mariota like playing football?  He seems......unhappy.  I have no idea why or what's causing it.  And maybe I'm making too much of it.  But he's not having fun out there.  

I really started noticing it a few weeks ago and I'll tell you who it reminds me of.... Vince Young. 

Obviously he's ten times smarter and more talented but VY never faced adversity and dominated at every level. Once in the NFL he started struggling he crumbled. I feel like Mariota is going through this for the first time in his life and the way he's handling it is alarming 

11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

One other thing.  And this is kind of concerning to me as a fan.  Someone brought it up to me a couple of weeks ago and I kind of dismissed it as his personality.  But does Mariota like playing football?  He seems......unhappy.  I have no idea why or what's causing it.  And maybe I'm making too much of it.  But he's not having fun out there.  

he isn't having fun because the offense he is stuck in is the polar opposite of what he grew up doing, no QB could have "fun" in Mularkey's system.