Titans release Fowler

ChesterCopperpot1

1 hour ago, Kyle021 said:

It is a shame we didn’t draft Michael Thomas with one of those three second rounders. We were interested and I thought he was one of the drafts top WR

We wouldn't have Henry then... The staff was clearly higher on Dodd and Johnson, seeing as the only reason they took Henry was because it was too good of value at 45 or wherever.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Potential ban!!!?????

with Fowler being released, Mariota is now the sole survivor for our 2015 draft.    

Predictable. I really like Fowler. He's a great fullback and hopefully he ends up on a team that will actually use him. Would love to see him in a system similar to the Ravens.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:58 PM, Stan said:

Why? Jonnu offers more upside than Fowler. Guy was overrated around here and the staff thought so too. Signing Luke made him expandable 

Jonnu can't block worth a damn. Fowler's limited role in the offense made him expendable. This was probably a LaFleur decision.

Demarco fell off sharply after the foot injury vs. Jax  in 2016 and never fully bounced back or regained his form.  He had a couple nice splash plays here and there,  but was never close to being the player he was before that injury.

Fowler was still a better blocker than Jonnu is, even today. Blitz pickup wasn't a problem.

He could throw a downfield block, whereas Henry is absolutely clueless on how to do that.

Fowler ran decent routes and had reliable hands.  Both very desirable traits considering the way things went last year with drops and receivers being out of position.

Cutting Nudie was a mistake.  Whether it was JRob's or Mularkey's makes no difference.  If Mularkey had been able to recognize and use talent instead of trying to fit players into his little boxes, I believe Fowler would still be in NVille.

Flame-on nut-huggers.

5 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Fowler was still a better blocker than Jonnu is, even today. Blitz pickup wasn't a problem.

He could throw a downfield block, whereas Henry is absolutely clueless on how to do that.

Fowler ran decent routes and had reliable hands.  Both very desirable traits considering the way things went last year with drops and receivers being out of position.

Cutting Nudie was a mistake.  Whether it was JRob's or Mularkey's makes no difference.  If Mularkey had been able to recognize and use talent instead of trying to fit players into his little boxes, I believe Fowler would still be in NVille.

Flame-on nut-huggers.

I think it was Robinson’s way of telling Mularkey to open the offense or else. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think it was Robinson’s way of telling Mularkey to open the offense or else. 

Then JRob misread Mularkey.

And if that's the case, then that kind of surprises me.

But hey, at least we ended up with "or else!"

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Then JRob misread Mularkey.

And if that's the case, then that kind of surprises me.

But hey, at least we ended up with "or else!"

Well I think it kind of played into his ability to turn Adams against him. Maybe I’m totally off, but that’s what I remember thinking at the time was it was a clear message to Mularkey. 

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Well I think it kind of played into his ability to turn Adams against him. Maybe I’m totally off, but that’s what I remember thinking at the time was it was a clear message to Mularkey. 

Well at any rate, it's pretty clear Mularkey never did get the message.

3 hours ago, Thrill said:

I know correlation isn't causation, but Demarco fell off a cliff once we stop using fowler. I think he was an underrated part of our 2016 running game.

Murray fell off a cliff after his injury against Jacksonville in week 8 2016.  Although he still remained a legit threat as a pass catcher he no longer could seem to hit the holes the way he once did.  Not only that but he was missing holes.  I think he got injured and lost confidence.