"8-4 A Mirage" (more media hate)

Jamalisms

Just now, Face said:

You sure about Lewan & Jones? I didn't know that. But something has been off with Lewan.

Injuries might prevent him from being as good as he should be. The guy constantly has nagging injuries.

I'm positive about Jones, Kuharsky addressed him about it yesterday. 

Lewan I'm speculating a bit because of how he favors his knee from time to time since he got knocked out of most of the game with the knee or whatever several weeks back, and he has struggled since then. Maybe it's 100% now, I don't know, but I think it's very possible he's still struggling with it. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8-4 is definitely a mirage...we should actually be 9-3. 

Hears to more such threads as this...   9-4 A Mirage 10-4 A Mirage 11-4 A Mirage 12-4 A Mirage Most likely to lose in the Wild card Lucky to be in Divisional Ex

I think we all agree that they've been underwhelming in the wins.   However, if they win the division or get a wild card do you know what would happen if they fired Mularkey?  The national m

In the NFL, it really doesn't matter how you get there as long as you maintain a chance. This same national media has let the Patriots and Tom Brady know they are done after stretches of bad games. The same national media has ever changing ideas and opinions about teams. Of course they do, it's their job. And we all know there is some merit in it based on how the team looks--even if there is some hyperbole. 

But here's the thing--I'm grateful for the haters. I hope every player on our team is rallying behind the disrespect card. Let Delanie speak for us once we get into the playoffs. We've seen it time and time again--a team makes a run. We won't be playing seven game series against the Patriots or the Steelers. Let's take this criticism and use it to propel us forward and win the games we need to win. 

I don't see it as a mirage at all.  The AFC is weak so there is that.  We are the #3 seed and there is no team that is so much better than us other than the top 2.

The wildcard round in the AFC is gonna be 4 pretty evenly matched teams.  there is no mirage here

Honestly we don't deserve to be 8-4 with how we've played, but we have the talent to be 10-2 at the moment. We can't seem to put everything together at once just yet. BUT, if we can finally figure it out and play up to our potential to finish out the season, then I honestly think Belicheck's asshole might clench a bit at the thought of playing us in the playoffs.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about the points differential showing that we are more pretender than contender and I got criticized and told that no one cared about that and that it's wins and losses that were important. I said at the time, that it's an indicator pertaining to our playoff viability. Although we have not been in total disarray the entire year, we've been wildly inconsistent. We've looked great at times and we've looked putrid at times. That's why its so hard to quantify. The Oline, Mariota, and the run game have all regressed, which were all supposed to be STRONG points of this year's team. Davis has been a disappointment too. If the offense can regain some rhythm we will not be a team anyone wants to play in the playoffs. (IF we get there) These last four games are critical to show that we are a better team than has shown up so far. We HAVE to execute and eliminate the dumb mistakes if we want to make the playoffs and make a run when we get there.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans offensive talent is not improved, neither RB is close to what Murray was last year, Smith is a big downgrade as the inline TE and the WR core isn’t upgraded. This keeps being said but it’s not true. 

Maroita is struggling 

One area vastly improved is the secondary

You know what would be interesting? If the coaches realized that their team changed from last year and had tried to tweak their offense to fit the talent. 

SRS.jpg&w=1484

The Jets, the Texans, the Cheifs and the Ravens.  If this stat meant what the writer is suggesting, then why aren't these teams winning.  The Jets?  The Texans don't have a QB.  Plus, the Titans beat the Ravens and Jax.  

Like @heyitsmeallen has pointed out before, we got blown out twice.  Mariota threw six picks in those two blowouts.  I am not saying the Titans are a glam team, I went to sleep in the second half Sunday.  But there are always stats to say whatever a statistician wants to say.  

Edited by Number9

San Diego fired Marty Schotenhiemer, haven't been shit since.  Karma is  real.  I am not crazy about Mularkey, but changing out a coach who took a 5-27 team to 9-7, 8-4 is shitting on a guy for doing what you asked.  Protect my QB so he can develop.  Something is physically wrong with Mariota, or it got to him mentally having to not practice all summer caused him to dwell on his injuries since he came into the league.  

I don't even care. Any team that gets to the playoffs has a shot at the whole thing. That's the goal. We knew our team would be at its worst early in the season. We all hoped we'd be firing on all cylinders by this point, and we aren't. But we are capable of beating any team in the NFL on any given week, and that means we've got a shot. I don't care what outsiders think. I care what our players think. 

Just now, Alcibiades said:

I don't even care. Any team that gets to the playoffs has a shot at the whole thing. That's the goal. We knew our team would be at its worst early in the season. We all hoped we'd be firing on all cylinders by this point, and we aren't. But we are capable of beating any team in the NFL on any given week, and that means we've got a shot. I don't care what outsiders think. I care what our players think. 

None of these articles mentions the injuries the Titans have had to deal with during the year.