Sign in to follow this  
Stranger

Butch Jones fired

19 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

UT fans aren’t going to be happy with anyone they hire. They think they should be annual national championship contenders despite the fact they have sucked for years. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see them hire a nobody that's even worse.

ctm   
1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Well assuming Schiano was actually going to be the hire, it appears that the backlash on social media killed the deal. 

That was part of it.  The politicians got involved as well.  Some publically, and I suspect others behind the scenes. 

3 hours ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see them hire a nobody that's even worse.

I’m glad they aren’t going to hire Schiano. He is actually a good coach who could have turned their program around. I’m hoping they get another Dooley/Jones.

Opus74   
16 hours ago, Starkiller said:

UT fans aren’t going to be happy with anyone they hire. They think they should be annual national championship contenders despite the fact they have sucked for years. 

Do I detect a little Big Orange hatred here?

I don't think most UT fans think they should be NC contenders each year but they should absolutely be SEC East contenders annually and NC contenders occaisionally.

With their resources, both facilities and financial, there is no reason for UT not to be right there with UGA and Florida rather than down with UK and Vandy.  That requires a top tier coach who can recruit and I don't think Sciano is that guy.

And that's not knocking Vandy - I've been a Black and Gold fan for years but I have a daughter who went to Tennessee.  I realize the handicaps they work with on West End and have realistic expectations.  UT has no such handicaps. 

I just think the UT hatred is silly coming from Vandy fans (all two or three dozen of them:cmj:) .  I can be a fan of both schools except when they play each other