Downtown

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile in NFT land...    

My bitcoin has been going nutssssssss! Up 70% in the last month and almost 1000% this year! Gimme the loot baby!    Edit: when bitcoin was first developed I started mining it and had al

The first rule of crossfit/Crypto: always talk about crossfit/crypto

Posted Images

7 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

I liquidated all my stocks to use all the proceeds to buy bitcoins yesterday.  I am so mad right now.

Hold on, and have a reasonable standing buy order in place.  And protect your wallet, don't leave it sitting on an exchange.

It will take a while, but I think Bitcoin is inherently a volatile currency that builds up to peaks.

It's innate value is secrecy.  There is a value to privacy.  It has a constrained supply.  It is easy to buy, hard to sell.  The protocol seems to create these bubbles.  Hold it for the next bubble and sell quickly.

58 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Hold on, and have a reasonable standing buy order in place.  And protect your wallet, don't leave it sitting on an exchange.

It will take a while, but I think Bitcoin is inherently a volatile currency that builds up to peaks.

It's innate value is secrecy.  There is a value to privacy.  It has a constrained supply.  It is easy to buy, hard to sell.  The protocol seems to create these bubbles.  Hold it for the next bubble and sell quickly.

Sorry - I was joking but thanks for seriously trying to help etc. 

Just recently joined the fold in the past month. A little late, but whatevs. 

Been a steep learning curve... I have been trying to get into XRP since mid Dec to no avail. Buying from coinbase is so slow via ACH. I started looking at XRP at .25. Today its up to 1.87. Has taken over ETH as the #2 in market cap. $72B... Crazy

Total Crypto Market cap closing in on $600B. Still has significant room for growth. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 10:44 PM, Downtown said:

Its all coming back and will keep climbing in 2018. That short downturn was just fund managers cashing out all at once and profiting before the end of the year. I took a small amount and bought low. Kinda fun gamble. 

More people taking profits?

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

More people taking profits?

This morning's sell-off was definitely alarming and a response to regulatory rumors. But its already responding and having a huge rally to end the day. Its a market that traditional models just can't understand. Its like hyper trading. I'm still long on it for 2018. I was down big this morning, didn't panic, and its already coming back. I still think 2018 will see crypto hit an astronomical rally before the real decision on regulations come down. But I'm calling bullshit on Asian regulations. Too many citizens are using crypto now. Like bigger banks, it is becoming too big to fail.

7 hours ago, Downtown said:

This morning's sell-off was definitely alarming and a response to regulatory rumors. But its already responding and having a huge rally to end the day. Its a market that traditional models just can't understand. Its like hyper trading. I'm still long on it for 2018. I was down big this morning, didn't panic, and its already coming back. I still think 2018 will see crypto hit an astronomical rally before the real decision on regulations come down. But I'm calling bullshit on Asian regulations. Too many citizens are using crypto now. Like bigger banks, it is becoming too big to fail.

Beware the dead cat bounce. Conventional forex traders can have confidence in currencies because they’re often backed by legitimate governments with tangible economies and markets. Bitcoin has value primarily because of black markets and illicit trade. That makes it ripe for regulation and intervention by law enforcement.

If you truly believe that traditional models cannot comprehend crypto then you have to admit that you’re flying blind. There’s no reference - it really is pure speculation. And that’s super dangerous. 

2 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Beware the dead cat bounce. Conventional forex traders can have confidence in currencies because they’re often backed by legitimate governments with tangible economies and markets. Bitcoin has value primarily because of black markets and illicit trade. That makes it ripe for regulation and intervention by law enforcement.

If you truly believe that traditional models cannot comprehend crypto then you have to admit that you’re flying blind. There’s no reference - it really is pure speculation. And that’s super dangerous. 

And of course the key is to get out way before regulation happens. Because before it actually happens, the insiders will get out and it will take it’s dive before the public even knows regulation is close.