On 5/21/2019 at 11:35 PM, Number9 said:

I agree, but there are fees through the exchange I use(Coinbase).  Deposit fee and withdrawal fees.  The Blockchain fees are minuscule.

you pay for the security and ease of trading with coinbase. the negatives are the fees and the wierd times when theres huge drops (up or down really) and coinbase basically shuts the site down to prevent people from dumping coin onto the market. 

i strongly suggest you get your own physical hardware wallet. ... if you cant do that, a wallet on your computer... if you cant do that, coinbase is your most secure bet. Its amazing they havent been hacked yet. I feel like its gotta be coming. 

I've seen no evidence that Coinbase "shuts the site down to prevent people from dumping coin". It would make absolutely no sense for them to shut their exchange down as it would mean they miss out on all the trading fees and lose the trust of traders.

Their exchange is very stable and trustworthy. 

https://pro.coinbase.com/trade/BTC-USD

The current fee to purchase 1 BTC right now ($8800 worth) is 13 dollars.

18 hours ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

I've seen no evidence that Coinbase "shuts the site down to prevent people from dumping coin". It would make absolutely no sense for them to shut their exchange down as it would mean they miss out on all the trading fees and lose the trust of traders.

Their exchange is very stable and trustworthy. 

https://pro.coinbase.com/trade/BTC-USD

The current fee to purchase 1 BTC right now ($8800 worth) is 13 dollars.

i have seen it plenty - in real time. during any dips during the big run up to 20k... and then the days following whenever it was on a big drop. the site was unusable multiple times for me. it was conveniently in maintenance during those times. 

and i agree its stable.. and its got the strongest security system... but none of these sites are fully trustworthy. 

This is a fun crazy article that feels like a mission impossible / bond movie. About the possible real satoshi nakomoto... who was a criminal mastermind... unless you believe he was framed by the crypto giants and the US government to steal his 1million BTC. 

https://www.investinblockchain.com/new-evidence-suggests-satoshi-nakamoto-is-paul-solotshi-the-creator-of-encryption-software-e4m-and-truecrypt/

Supdawg   
On 6/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, titanruss said:

This is a fun crazy article that feels like a mission impossible / bond movie. About the possible real satoshi nakomoto... who was a criminal mastermind... unless you believe he was framed by the crypto giants and the US government to steal his 1million BTC. 

https://www.investinblockchain.com/new-evidence-suggests-satoshi-nakamoto-is-paul-solotshi-the-creator-of-encryption-software-e4m-and-truecrypt/

Yeah, I read that article last week too. What's really interesting is the role of Craig Wright in all of this. He has done everything in his power to tell everyone he is Satoshi, but really no one believes him. If Wright really has the hard drives with the 1M BTC.... god forbid. I believe he will crack it at some point in the next 10 years. 

2 hours ago, Supdawg said:

Yeah, I read that article last week too. What's really interesting is the role of Craig Wright in all of this. He has done everything in his power to tell everyone he is Satoshi, but really no one believes him. If Wright really has the hard drives with the 1M BTC.... god forbid. I believe he will crack it at some point in the next 10 years. 

no way in hell craig is satoshi. huge douche.. needs validation. 

it would be pretty crazy to have that one dude in jail and he didnt do much wrong... but was just bad place bad time with billions on the line. 

he can in 10 years. the computing power will be there. 

Supdawg   
On 5/26/2019 at 3:01 PM, Supdawg said:

Next stop, 10,000$ for one Bitcoin

Hash Rate at all time highs

Over 1M active BTC addresses (last seen in Nov 2017)

New Facebook Coin (aka ZuckBucks) will likely have a BTC trading pair... Massive fiat onramp

BTC hit new 2019 highs last night... 9300$ - retracement and consolidation >9K

Binance is shutting down for American users.... This is likely bullish for BTC and the large caps which are traded in regulated approved exchanges (Gemini, Coinbase,etc)... Binance is opening a US site. 

Weekly chart looks incredible. Likely bullish engulfing candle this week completely erasing last week's red candle. 

Honestly.. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 12-13K within the next 2 weeks.... 

I smell fomo for the normies and no-coiners. 

Edited by Supdawg

22 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Short Bitcoin ASAP!

It’s actually not bad bet but way too early. 

My judge is usually comments from over 45 and non-tech knowledgeable people indicating interest. Once my aunt asks me how to buy bitcoin... then I short or prepare to sell a couple and use the gains to cover what I invested that year.  

Its worked 2x so far!! 

Supdawg   
5 minutes ago, titanruss said:

It’s actually not bad bet but way too early. 

My judge is usually comments from over 45 and non-tech knowledgeable people indicating interest. Once my aunt asks me how to buy bitcoin... then I short or prepare to sell a couple and use the gains to cover what I invested that year.  

Its worked 2x so far!! 

Yeah.... agreed. I'm interested in shorting/moving to alts once I believe the local top is in... IMO, I think the max we can go here without a significant retrace is about ~12K... The trend is obviously bullish so trying to fight that is a losing battle at the moment. I think we'll know when the local top is in when the market starts flowing into large caps.... I am currently long ETHBTC... Expecting about a 10% rally to about .032. Hopefully soon. I really hate being in long trades. 

Edited by Supdawg

46 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Yeah.... agreed. I'm interested in shorting/moving to alts once I believe the local top is in... IMO, I think the max we can go here without a significant retrace is about ~12K... The trend is obviously bullish so trying to fight that is a losing battle at the moment. I think we'll know when the local top is in when the market starts flowing into large caps.... I am currently long ETHBTC... Expecting about a 10% rally to about .032. Hopefully soon. I really hate being in long trades. 

Yeah 12k looks like the stable spot without a retrace.. for a couple months at least.  

Long LTC.  The halvening is about two months out. I’d expect LTC to hit ~$160 in July even if BTC stayed exactly where it is for the next 3 months. 

Edited by titanruss

Supdawg   
On 5/26/2019 at 3:01 PM, Supdawg said:

Next stop, 10,000$ for one Bitcoin

Touched $9900 $ today.... 

On 5/28/2019 at 1:09 AM, titanruss said:

you pay for the security and ease of trading with coinbase. the negatives are the fees and the wierd times when theres huge drops (up or down really) and coinbase basically shuts the site down to prevent people from dumping coin onto the market. 

i strongly suggest you get your own physical hardware wallet. ... if you cant do that, a wallet on your computer... if you cant do that, coinbase is your most secure bet. Its amazing they havent been hacked yet. I feel like its gotta be coming. 

Protip with Coinbase.... If your exchange uses USDC, sell to that, and then transfer the USDC to Coinbase and then convert it to USD. They don't charge a fee. If you send BTC or ETH and then sell it for USD, you pay a fee. This way saves you the fees associated with settling your crypto. You can also do the inverse. Buy USDC at Coinbase... 0 fees, send that to your exchange and then buy crypto... 

image.png.c6d06bd979497eaf5b684a6cf5b65115.png