abenjami   
7 hours ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Ethereum and Ethereum Classic are not the same thing. Classic is a poorly supported fork of Ethereum that's market cap is a fraction of the size.  All decentralized blockchains are vulnerable to a "51% attack", which is when majority of the network hash rate ie computing power is controlled by a malicious actor. This actor then uses his overwhelming hash power to effectively create counterfeit coins. 

There are websites that calculate the vulnerability of various decentralized blockchains to attack

image.png.af7051cce6734e606d49eec95ecb8262.png

As you can see, the less valuable the coin the less hash power there is to "defend" the network. 

Then there's also the factor of whether or not ASICs are used to generate a network's hash power. ASICs are computer chips designed only for a highly specialized function, for example, mining the SHA-256 algorithm used by the BTC network. If someone were able to obtain enough hash power to 51% attack the BTC network it would almost certainly be through the use of ASIC miners. This creates a catch-22 as the tens of millions of $ worth of mining equipment needed to attack the BTC network would be rendered worthless if the price of BTC collapsed.

tldr

Short of a highly orchestrated attack by state level actors or Google itself, BTC is not at risk of a similar attack.

Why would you have to defend an attack?

I thought it was inherently 110% secure and attack-proof by design!!!

Edited by abenjami

"But if I had to choose between the $1.2m and the podcast, I would let the money go again – I love what I do now."

Sounds like he is lying to himself

abenjami   
6 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

"But if I had to choose between the $1.2m and the podcast, I would let the money go again – I love what I do now."

Sounds like he is lying to himself

Definitely lying to himself!

4 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

LOL did you guys even read the article? The dude bought at 600$ and cashed out at 4k + plus whatever he was cashing out during the bubble when it was over 10k...

Just because he was net positive doesn't mean he didn't "lose" a lot of money, and he was the one that said he would gladly lose all that money again because it led him to his current job

It's hilarious how you are even blindly defending THAT

Edited by wiscotitansfan

42 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Just because he was net positive doesn't mean he didn't "lose" a lot of money, and he was the one that said he would gladly lose all that money again because it led him to his current job

It's hilarious how you are even blindly defending THAT

Just because he was net positive doesn't mean he didn't "lose" a lot of money

Hilarious

1 hour ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Hilarious

If you had a bunch of winning lottery tickets but misplaced the jackpot one and only cashed in the instant win ones for much much much much less money, you wouldn't be happy about the net gain.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

32 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If you had a bunch of winning lottery tickets but misplaced the jackpot one and only cashed in the instant win ones for much much much much less money, you wouldn't be happy about the net gain.

You're reaching Simple Jake territory with this convoluted attempt to rationalize saying someone who bought something, then sold it for significantly more money "lost."

The guy literally has lost in the title and constantly refers to losing money throughout the article that he wrote about his experience... You wanna let him know he didn't lose anything though?

Supdawg   

See the pattern? 3 Parabolic advances followed by steep 80+% retracements. History will repeat itself. 

Edited by Supdawg