Downtown

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile in NFT land...    

My bitcoin has been going nutssssssss! Up 70% in the last month and almost 1000% this year! Gimme the loot baby!    Edit: when bitcoin was first developed I started mining it and had al

The first rule of crossfit/Crypto: always talk about crossfit/crypto

Posted Images

Hahahaha

The whole point behind my sharing that stuff the Dogecoin creator said (and people here ignored) is that Bitcoin is actually WORSE than standard economies at helping average people bridge any sort of wealth gap. It's unregulated, more easily controlled and quite manipulated. It doesn't do what it claims to exist to do and people are blind to that.

You guys are delusional.

10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Demand

This is true.  The more intelligent BTC people are betting that there's plenty of wealth that would rather have BTC than bother with gold, fine art, or other expensive commodities.

I myself don't really know one way or another.  It's a small bet, and in the short term I'm glad I bet on total equities instead of going heavy BTC.

1 hour ago, pat said:

This is true.  The more intelligent BTC people are betting that there's plenty of wealth that would rather have BTC than bother with gold, fine art, or other expensive commodities.

I myself don't really know one way or another.  It's a small bet, and in the short term I'm glad I bet on total equities instead of going heavy BTC.

E2F6DE7B-C744-4D2C-B726-EA42661DEA7A.jpeg.0577a1d9c068812e82afd5aaebe81170.jpeg

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

You know

I know my $0.50 of BTC turned into $200, that's an insane swing of demand.

I know that none of my contractors want checks because clearing is too slow.

I know that in my life I've watch tech shoot out horizontally with frightening speed.

So will BTC go to $16 million?  I doubt it.  But then again, I never would have imagined that GOOG would go to $2756 either.

What I know is I've made a big enough bet to for 2x to be nice to see, 10x to be very good, and 50x to be life changing.  Maybe we'll never see 400x again, but that's fine by me 

If we do hit 50x it's all going into total stock market of course.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:05 AM, Jamalisms said:

Hahahaha

The whole point behind my sharing that stuff the Dogecoin creator said (and people here ignored) is that Bitcoin is actually WORSE than standard economies at helping average people bridge any sort of wealth gap. It's unregulated, more easily controlled and quite manipulated. It doesn't do what it claims to exist to do and people are blind to that.

You guys are delusional.

Do you realize that the majority of the people in the world don't have bank accounts? They have no ability to save wealth, let alone to transfer that wealth into the future with the best savings vehicle man kind has ever invented. I hear story after story in countries in central and South America and in Africa where kids are using Bitcoin to save for the 1st time in their lives and it's a game changer. To re-wire someone's brain from being consumption driven to being saving/investing driven is the literally a life changing moment for many people. It's how you can actually generate wealth and to say that Bitcoin doesn't offer hope to these people is so beyond myopic. 

In regards of being manipulated, are you fucking kidding me? The fucking entire US economy is orders of magnitude more manipulated than Bitcoin. In many regards, Bitcoin is probably the purest form of real capitalism and free market the world has ever had. 24/7 365 trading with enormous liquidity across almost every fiat currency known to man. There is no FED, ECB, QE or plunge protection team protecting Bitcoin's price. It's pure supply and demand. Bitcoin has risen to world power despite zero advantage anyone has ever given it. There is no infinite bit coming from tax advantaged accounts, governments are scared of it, and yet it still has wildly succeeded beyond 99.99% of people's expectations. 

So everyone will keep doubting, it's to be expected. But Bitcoin will keep winning. That's what it does. 

Blah, whataboutisms, blah, blah, I don't have much of an understanding of economics so I like simple explanations, hype, hype, blind hope, blanket we win statement.

Rinse, repeat.

22 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Blah, whataboutisms, blah, blah, I don't have much of an understanding of economics so I like simple explanations, hype, hype, blind hope, blanket we win statement.

Rinse, repeat.

I get being skeptical, but you are being willfully obtuse on a whole other level.

Hank Hill Smh GIF