Cryptocurrency

Downtown

4 minutes ago, titanruss said:

i didnt miss the point. i understand it fully. you're still chasing your own losses and trying to feel better about it by bashing in here... 

you play like you are trying to say "dont chase" but really you came here to bash non-traditional/ crypto trading and insult someone here who has made good. ... to feel better about your massive losses... and you look a bit silly doing that since everyone knows your history with the market. 

its pretty easy to see. 

you missed my point btw. 

you could have invested 10% of what you took out and put it into crypto and have made significantly more $ today than what you started with. 

literally like 99% of the days since you took your money out - if youd invested in crypto on any of those days, you would have at least as good of a return as the stock market.. 90% of the days if you'd invested, you would have significantly more. 

No, this really isn’t the point.

I haven’t been spending the past few years telling everyone they should follow me and dump their portfolio to wait for a crash. I’m also not pissed about what I did. 

He said he was pissed that he didn’t go all in at 11k. Asking why he isn’t pissed he didn’t go all in at 5k instead is a legitimate question.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile in NFT land...    

My bitcoin has been going nutssssssss! Up 70% in the last month and almost 1000% this year! Gimme the loot baby!    Edit: when bitcoin was first developed I started mining it and had al

The first rule of crossfit/Crypto: always talk about crossfit/crypto

Posted Images

On 6/23/2019 at 8:04 PM, Titans_Win_Again said:

We are talking about a global currency, just because I don't personally need to worry about my finances being seized by the government doesn't mean that Bitcoin's unseizability isn't a valuable trait for billions of other people.

Bitcoin is literally stolen in high volume all the time.

6 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Bitcoin is literally stolen in high volume all the time.

This is the single most dumbest retort to Bitcoin. Literally there are billions of dollars being stole and laundered across the world with traditional money. Bitcoin is no different. The funny thing about Bitcoin being stole is that the transactions are of course traceable and immutable. Enforcement can absolutely trace all transactions to a source. They may not be able to determine who is the owner of the wallet, but they can tell when those funds are moved. 

Edited by Supdawg

Look, you guys like this stuff. Cool.

But there are pretty insane risks that require all sorts of hoop jumping and swift timing to ensure its not stolen. It's like people having to bury their cash in secret locations until they want to use it. Which is hilarious. AND it's factually documented to be severely price manipulated. And it's absolutely supported crime. If you can't admit those realities, you're delusional. And you'll be called in it. Constantly.

Which is exactly what you do and what happens here.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

But there are pretty insane risks that require all sorts of hoop jumping and swift timing to ensure its not stolen. It's like people having to bury their cash in secret locations until they want to use it. Which is hilarious. AND it's factually documented to be severely price manipulated. And it's absolutely supported crime. If you can't admit those realities, you're delusional. And you'll be called in it. Constantly.

No one denies bad people can use it for bad things. My point is that bad people use traditional money for bad things every single day...? Singling out Bitcoin because of it can get stolen or used for nefarious reasons is silly. There was a billion dollars of drugs that got smuggled in a barge recently. Maybe we should say that ships are bad because it happened? You get the point. 

There are no hoops you need to jump through to ensure safety of your digital assets. You can purchase your assets online and leave them in the custody of the exchange. This is somewhat risky, those funds could be stolen. Most of the reputable exchanges have insurance funds to cover this. Recently Binance lost like 7000 Bitcoin. They covered the loss 100%. 

Remember why the FDIC was created? It was created as insurance for banks defaulting and running off with your funds. Don't pretend that digital currency is inherently worse than traditional fiat currency. 

If you want to ensure safety, you purchase a hardware wallet and keep your keys private and not online. As of right now, it's literally unbreakable and cannot be stolen. 

China is working on a state backed digital currency. If you no coiners think that digital assets including cryptocurrencies are not here to stay, you're in denial. It's literally unstoppable at this point. 

No, i don't get the point. You're throwing out bad comparisons and logical fallacies.

Anything can be used improperly to do harm. Bitcoin, used properly, does harm. It's specifically designed to enable illicit actions. There is a fundamental difference and your denial of this is intellectually troubling.

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Bitcoin, used properly, does harm. It's specifically designed to enable illicit actions.

What are you talking about? The Silk Road?

Some people use it to buy drugs online, I've got no issue with that. The war on drugs is retarded. Supdawg also posted info on how this makes up only a tiny percent of transactions.

8 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

What? Haha,  No there isn’t. It’s super easy to protect. And if you are to lazy to do that, trade with Coinbase where they are insured And backed for an ungodly amount. 

Who cares about the price manipulation? As long as everyone that isn’t a dumbass is making money- which they are.

a near infinite multiple amount of cash is used for crime.  

99% of transactions of bitcoin are not illegal in any way. Not sure that’s true for cash....

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The fed made a pretty bad ruling against FBs crypto that could cause a pull back I read 

Which is great... it’s a shitcoin. 

The FB crypto isn’t actually crypto at all. It isn’t block chain.. it isn’t decentralized.. it isn’t private in any way. India isn’t going to let it in.. neither will China. And it’s tied to fiat currency... so what does it do? Nothing at all. It doesn’t bring anything at all to the table for consumers that Apple Pay or a myriad of other barcode scan payment don’t do.  It’s just a money making scheme for the financial and tech companies to try and be in charge rather than governments... but it’s still tied to fiat currency? So weird. 

Its the AOL if digital currency. It’ll probably be a hit for baby boomers that don’t know they are openly tracking every cent and raking in profits... not knowing you can do the same thing with more security and a higher degree of anonymity through other networks.  

@Jamalisms it’s reeeallly easy to tell that you have a shit ton of FOMO going on right now. 

Let the hate pass..

buy one. Just one. 

If if you can’t afford one. By half of one. 

If you haven’t at least doubled your money at some point in the next two years, I’ll pay you back for it. But if you have at least doubled it... you give me half of what you made. 

Deal?