Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

The Celtics are winning the East

Boston will win the east when Kyrie becomes a better player than LeBron, or when the King finally grows a pair and joins all the other elite players out west. There will be future hall of famers in the West who miss the ASG while any half decent player in the east makes it. That conference is a joke, it doesn't matter who wins it whether it's Cleveland or Boston.

It matters to them. Doesn't matter if Kyrie is or is not better than LeBron.

LeBron is better than Durant. How'd that work for him?

Boston is INSANELY deep. Far deeper than CLE.

Boston is closer to GSW as far as how stacked they are. Far more than CLE. 

I don't think James is making it to an 8th straight finals. 

I'd bet on that with you, but you still haven't accepted my last bet involving the Record of HOU and LAs record. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

On 10/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Boston is INSANELY deep. Far deeper than CLE. Boston is closer to GSW as far as how stacked they are.

If this is indeed true, as you claim, then Boston won't miss Hayward that much. Will they?

I can't tell sometimes if you're really just ignorant or simply being a troll. Without Hayward all the Celtics have left is Irving, Horford, Brown, Morris, Tatum, Smart, Rozier, and Baynes. After that where is the so-called "insane depth" you speak of?

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

If this is indeed true, as you claim, then Boston won't miss Hayward that much. Will they?

Honestly that's just a dumb comment.

You believe Houston is deep, right? So would y'all miss CP3 or Harden?  Hell, y'all would miss Gordon if he went down.

Hayward at worst was their 2nd best player. Any team would miss their second best, regardless of depth.

And somehow, without their second best player, they came back from 17 down against the conference champs on the road and almost pulled off the upset.

But to answer the question. No they won't. They will cruise through the regular season. Finish top 2 or 3. But getting past a healthy Cavs team in 7 got a lot tougher.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Just now, Oiler FANatic said:

I can't tell sometimes if you're really just ignorant or simply being a troll. Without Hayward all the Celtics have left is Irving, Horford, Brown, Morris, Tatum, Smart, Rozier, and Baynes. After that where is the so-called "insane depth" you speak of?

This thread was made before the injury dumb fuck.

Just now, Oiler FANatic said:

With Gordon that was 7 very good players. Having 7 starting caliber players is deep.

The Cavs suck. Losses to the Nets and Knicks.

It's a shame what happened to Gordon, otherwise a lot of people would probably be jumping on the Celtics wagon.

Don't see Detroit holding up. Looks like it might be between WSH and BOS for the #1 seed.

This is why I didn't like CLE going into this year. You traded and big time scorer for spoiled meat. Then sign Rose who is a injury waiting to happen. And sign old ass Wade. 

LeBron is gone. Idk where he's going. Media still pushing him to LA hard. I have mixed feelings on that. But LeBron isn't staying there. Anyone who thinks he is, is delusional.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

LOL no one cares about losses in October.  All that matters for the Cavs is how they play in May and June.

So you think they are content with how they're playing right now? 

They shouldn't be losing these games. No matter the time of the year. It's not like LeBron is being rested. He's logging minutes because they have no one to take the pressure off him. Thankfully Love is actually playing well. But they're still losing. They look bad. He just played a team high 39 against the Knicks. And lost. That's not good.

And everyone who thought they won the trade. Thomas has yet to play and Crowder is averaging career lows at 7 3 and 1. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Bink   

Yea, I agree with this before the season started and I still do now. So much of the Celtics's success was built on guys who are not there anymore. The Cavs look rough right now, but LeBron is capable of elevating far worse teams than the one he is on now over far better teams than we have in the current version of the East. 

We've seen it play out before. Regardless, I think the Wizards are a better threat. Otto Porter is playing out of his mind. If you look at the makeup of that team, they have some similarities to the Warriors in design (of course, not nearly, nearly as good), but I could see them getting hot and beating the Cavs. 

Bink   
2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I agree on the Wizards. I dont think the Celtics lost that much. Really only Bradley. Hard to replace what he brought, but Crowder and Isiah are replaceable and both were imo.

I mean technically any player is replaceable, but you are underselling the shit out of what Isiah did on that offense last season. He out gunned Curry. He was the heart and soul of that team and was ultra clutch. 28.9 a game is not exactly replaceable. The team also washed away a lot of veteran depth to get Kyrie. Is Kyrie really that good? We'll see. I think when all is said and done Celtics will even out this season. East is weak, but Kyrie and Horford isn't exactly carry a team worthy. I think they'll end up fourth in the East (Cle, Zards, BUCKS).